Help needed

psmith

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Sachida,thanks again for the help,yes,the game on running the exe from the desktop was trying to run the patch,from ea,having gone back to a "restore point" before installing the patch,things are better now,that patch is a problem. It seems to hang about,even when un-installed,for example go to run/regedit on your xp, go to software and you will see a "hb studios" entry and a cricket 2002 "v1,06" entry in your system. This is the patch.
As I say,things looking up now,thanks for the offer,if I have any more problems I will post again on here.

sachida

Club Cricketer
Glad that it helped. I would suggest in that case you should patch the exe and delete the registry files. Thats the only way this can happen.
This is what I think is happening.
when you click exe, it is contacting registry file which tells it that update is there, so it tries to contact the patched file.
Good luck

A

amber22

I am having a problem with .exe (somewhat different).Tell me sachida where to delete the registry files

K

killa_stiky2002

Originally posted by amber22@Jun 18 2003, 02:32 PM
I am having a problem with .exe (somewhat different).Tell me sachida where to delete the registry files
Like I said Amber. Download RegCleaner 4.3 and install it (it's not that big)

Start it and in the first tab (default which is 'Software') scroll down to the Author (the left colomn which it's defaultly set as) "HB Studios" and delete Cricket 2002 V1.06. For some reason I have Cricket 2002 V1.06 and Cricket 2002 V1.05 under author.

sachida

Club Cricketer
or else go to start menu then to run menu
on the window type regedit
it will open a program
find the cricket 2002 and delete it.
then install the game again...

Users who are viewing this thread