General Cricket Discussion

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
I am not sure if it's that bad, but it depends on how much money they get and time to train.

It's disappointing because they need to nurture their fast bowlers more. If they ever managed to get together 3 pace bowlers capable of averaging under 35 they would start winning the odd test regularly enough.

then again, ashraful getting a top contract makes no sense at all.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yea what's the point in Ashraful getting one of those top level contracts if he hardly plays for Bangladesh any more. Good to see Shuvo and Jahurul getting some recognition though.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
I also don't understand what Ashraful has done to earn top level contract. Thats just utter nonsense from the Bangladesh board.

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hmm Ntini quits INTL. cricket. IMO RSA are better without him

They probably wouldn't have needed him in the future, with Steyn, Botha, Morkel/Parnell and now Theron completing their bowling attack. Also, he hasn't seemed to be what he used to be in his last matches.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Hmm Ntini quits INTL. cricket. IMO RSA are better without him
Yeah.. came to PC just for this!
He was one of greatest bowlers I've ever seen.
First black person to play cricket for Proteas, if am not wrong.
I liked his honesty a lot (try searching for "Makhaya Ntini honesty" in youtube to see that).

Happy retired life Makhaya!

I don't know if this goes here or not but how do you pronounce Lonwabo Tsotsobe?
I pronounce "So-so-be".

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Pakistan have made Tsotsobe look like an Akram. I am sure he will be thoroughly smashed around by a better batting line up. He is only a medium pacer who can't even swing it that much. Our batting has the habit of launching careers of ordinary bowlers.

sami ullah khan added 1 Minutes and 32 Seconds later...

I salute Ntini for his service to the game. He could see he would never be able to get back in the team with likes of Steyn and Morkel already proving their worth for SA. Happy retired life to Makhaya :clap

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Marcus North Test captain | Michael Clarke

Geez what a mess our team is in if North is considered our next captain. Clarke was average last night and there have been concerns that he doesn't have that captain feel about him. That article pretty much confirms that. No idea who our next captain will be but it definitely shouldn't be North who seems to play 1 good knock in 5 test matches.

Users who are viewing this thread