Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
PlanetCricket Award Winner
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
View attachment 261319

Just going to leave it here. My best bet- the ICC will agree on paper, then kick him out and have an annual tri-nation involving only the Big 3, with the profits to be shared among the Big3 only.
Sadly I agree, but surely a wider T20 league/series is better for the game? Maybe qualifiers and then a round robin of six teams, you can call that what you want to market exuberantly.

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
I believe so, and unlike what Baltimore would have you believe, SL having all the points is good
Proportionately I do agree as if SL lost a match then they would be at 66% a final tally of matches played or a equation to displace the deficit would make sense, unless of course they all play an equal total of matches over the period (I think is two years).

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Sadly I agree, but surely a wider T20 league/series is better for the game? Maybe qualifiers and then a round robin of six teams, you can call that what you want to market exuberantly.
Dilutes the existing T20 World Cup. There's no market /appetite for a T20 Champions Trophy on top of what we already have. If you factor in the Commonwealth and Olympics, there'd be an overkill.

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

I wouldn't mind more tri- and quadrangular series' played internationally. For them to be T20Is though, we need to kill the loads of ODI series' first. Looks like the ICC has got the memo and has already kamikaze-d the promising Super League for no good reason. If it were not for the prestige of it being the format housing the first Cricket WC, ODIs would already be on the deathbed by now.

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
was watching the womens Kenya vs Scotland match and just found Sarah Wetoto

Sarah-Wetoto.jpg

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
If it were not for the prestige of it being the format housing the first Cricket WC, ODIs would already be on the deathbed by now.
This. The ODI World Cup is the only thing keeping ODIs alive, and the Super League added some much needed purpose to the format. I suspect it was binned as part of the deal to elect Greg Barclay as ICC chairman, with the smaller nations getting to keep regular Champions Trophies and T20 World Cups.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
This. The ODI World Cup is the only thing keeping ODIs alive, and the Super League added some much needed purpose to the format. I suspect it was binned as part of the deal to elect Greg Barclay as ICC chairman, with the smaller nations getting to keep regular Champions Trophies and T20 World Cups.
probably cause the Big 3 don't like have to play anyone but themselves at ODIs

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
They'd leave out the rest if they could. Just a round robin. That's why I like Ramiz Raja calling their bluff and proposing that annual tournament. England, Australia will want it and most other countries would be happy if they got a cut.
Political considerations would prevent it, unless it’s an official ICC tournament, which it won’t be.

Users who are viewing this thread