Graphics Card Advice Needed?

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Okay basically I have the card now but I can't uninstall my old drivers from Control Panel so I did it the other way and theres two things:

NVIDIA GeForce 6200 LE
Video Graphics Accelorater

Do I uninstall these both or just the actual card?

Uninstall NVIDIA Geforce 6200 LE. If you use Driver Cleaner to completely uninstall the drivers then everything should be fine.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Okay I have installed the new card and AbBh I want to thank you big time because this card is mint and it was at a decent price, so a rep to you firstly!

Secondly when I put the CD of the new card in halfway through installing it came up with some message saying somthing about Microsoft recomends I stop installing but I went on continue anyway? Is somthing going to happen?

But all in all the card is perfect everything feels so much smoother and I got Splinter Cell DA for free lol!

Thanks to everyone whos helped and I'm pretty much sorted unless somthing goes wrong....

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
You got that message because those drivers werent WHQL(Microsoft) certified. But there's nothing to worry about. It should be perfectly fine.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Ah ok now I'm 100% happy about it, thanks again mate!

Wait one more question some splinter cell check list come up to see if I have the requirements and everything is ticked besides Driver Version....what one do I need to choose of the Nvidia update site...?

http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

Last edited:

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
If you are using Windows XP 32-bit then this is the link to the latest driver
If you are using some other OS then Select
Graphics Driver -> Geforce 8 Series. Then select your OS from the third box and click on Go.

Last edited:

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Ok thanks.

Btw one more querey not to do with cards. But I have a 19'' monitor and it doesnt have a slot to put like cables in, now I bought a VGA cable thinking I could play on it until I found out it has no slot. So is there a way I can play on it my new card has a VGA slot and it came with a little plug where you put it in the slot and then connect any cable in (them ones with all the pins) but is it any use I havnt figured a way of being able to play on my 360 on this monitor even with that VGA slot..?

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
I knew I typed it wrong lol.

Okay I basically I want to play my xbox 360 in HD but I don't have a HDTV so obviously I can't. But there is a VGA Cable that supports xbox 360 and you can plug it into a monitor therefor it allows you to play in HD.

Now heres my problem. I have a monitor but it does not have a port on it that allows you to plug the VGA cable into. But the card I bought today has a VGA port in it too so I was wondering is there anyway I can play my 360 on this monitor.....

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
I dont get it lol?

With my GFX Card I got a little VGA plug which goes into one of the socets in the card and on the end of that little plug theres a port to put cables in so I want to know is there a way I can use that to play on my monitor?

siddharth2002

National Board President<br /><a href="showthread.
I dont get it lol?

With my GFX Card I got a little VGA plug which goes into one of the socets in the card and on the end of that little plug theres a port to put cables in so I want to know is there a way I can use that to play on my monitor?

No, you cannot, if your monitor doesn't have any slot to chuck the cable in. Have a look behind your monitor again, is the VGA cable really attached to it or just plugged in?

travder92

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
i don't think it is...it has more memory, but it hasn't got support for dx10 so its something that is immediately out of date...sure 99% of games at the moment don't need directx10..but ask that again in another 12-24months.

the 8500GT is however a poor DX10 card... one of the worst...but on the 1550 VS 8500GT... its a hard battle

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Alright guys I'm a right Po-Tait-O :p when it comes to the tecnichal side of computers. Recently I have been using my own computer (not my dads one) although mine is somehow better than my dads it lacks one thing and that is a good graphic card, but I need to clarify two things:

My dads GFX card was a GeForce 5200 (the one whittmatt has in his tut to make BLIC07 play)

My one is a GeForce 6200 LE

But the problem is that my one is not as good as my dads and especially when gaming, no not just for BLIC07 but also for games that used to run good on my dads PC like Counter-Strike Source which used to run as smooth as anything on my dads computer (which remember is not as good as mine, besides the graphics card.) whereas when I play CSS on this CPU it is not really bad but is not as smooth as it used to be on my dads system, even with low settings its really hard to be as accurate as I was with my shooting. :(

Also I can only run it on 1024x768 res because the screen is small, now down to the point my main question is what graphics card is under ?100 and good or better than both my dads and mine?

btw my brother said I need a graphic card which runs with PCI Express whatever the hell that is?

Thanks for any help!

I Simply have no Trouble.Apart,Mine is:

Nvidia 8800 GTX

Users who are viewing this thread