Group One:- Australia (Radaga) vs England (Jarryd)

Jarryd

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Can you believe this was given out, unfortunetly the resume bug hit so i lost a few overs, hence its not on the scorecard.

Attachments

• lbw.jpg
    lbw.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 73

Radaga

International Coach
MATCH UPDATE:- End Of Innings
-------------------------------------------------
England today set the Australians a pretty large total to chase down, they required 381 runs from 300 balls.

Australia started off their run chase well.
Matthew Hayden and Adam Gilchrist were hitting the ball beautifully form the start, and Australia raced to 45 from 5 overs.

In the next over Hayden fell for 31, he was caught behind.

Ponting came in and was looking in very good touch untill he was bowled by a beauty of a ball by Gough. he fell for 19.

Gilchrist and Martyn stuck together for a while to build in what was a very tough session for the aussies, some tight bowlign kept the runs right down.

Martyn eventually fell in the 24th over for 33.

The Australians looked to be in trouble with the run rate falling well below what it should be at.

Michael bevan was the next man in, he and Gilchrist started off slow together but they saw that they needed quick runs and started to bash the ball around, it increased the run rate but they took one too many quick singles and bevan was run out by a huge mix up. He was out for 37.

The match now looked like it was going to be very close, Australia still neede to score at about 8 an over, but they had wickets in hand.

Symonds came in and he smashed a quick 14 and was soon gone by hooking a hort ball straight down Gough's throat this was in the 42nd over and Gilchrist had reached his century.

It came down to that Australia needed 82 runs to win from the last 8 overs.

Ian Harvey came in to bat with Adam Gilchrist and this is where the huge hitting came out.

Ian Harvey hit his first ball for six, and continued that way for the next few overs, he was smashing it al over the place. Gilchrist amnaged to smash his way to 148 before getting caught on the boundary.

It was now the 44th over and Australia only needed about 40 runs to win.

Brett Lee came in with Ian Harvey. They both decided they were goignto have a smash and get the total.
Lee edged his first ball for 4, then was dropped at mid wicket. He still managed to get to 10 before Ashley Giles went right through im with a quicker delievery.

Lee was out when the score was on 358, he was out in the 46th over, Australia neede only 23 runs to win.

Jason Gillespie was the surprise of the day, he came out and clobbered 18 from 9 balls and hit the winning runs.

Australia passed Englands score in 47.5 overs.

it was a great start and finish that won them the game, and some great batting by Gilly (148) and Harvey (45*)

Match Stats:
------------------------
Australia: 7/381 off 47.5 overs. (8.021 runs per over)

BATTING HIGHLIGHTS:
Adam Gilchrist: 148 (129)
Ian Harvey: 45* (25)

BOWLING HIGHLIGHTS: (overs, maidens, wickets/runs)
Ashley Giles: 6.5 - 0 - 2/48 (7.384 runs per over)
Darren Gough: 10 - 0 - 2/62 (6.2 runs per over)

Screenshots will be posted below

Radaga

International Coach
Thats was a very tough match jarryd! :)

I enjoyed the challenge and i look forward to seeing you agian in the Super Six, you should get in with scores like that! :) :cool:

Radaga

International Coach
whoops i forgot my ruling:

OFFICIAL RULING
------------------------------
Match won by Australia by 3 wickets.

MOM: Adam Gilchrist

Radaga

International Coach
yer it was out of him and gilly for man of the match, but he didn't bowl very good

Users who are viewing this thread