ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I'll put this in a spoiler just in case any of you haven't played out the heists yet.
Basically I was doing the very first heist with some random as I was bored and looking to make some quick cash. At then end of the heist all the driver has to do is drive underneath the magnet hanging from the cargobob but oh dear me, what a complete fail from this guy :facepalm We did however complete it second time round.

D

Deleted member 9102

The preload for the PC version starts tomorrow - I'm hoping I'll have the game downloaded and ready to play by release, but my download speed is not too great (around 500KB/s) and I expect that the game will be enormous... At least 50GB I imagine.

I'll leave the download going overnight for a few days which (hopefully) should mean it's done by the 14th. Got my Rockstar Social Club account ready and waiting to transfer my online character/progress from the 360 :).

Perhaps what I'm most looking forward to though is playing through the whole single player again in first-person. I fully intend to genuinely 100% the single player this time around - I got pretty close to doing it on 360 but didn't quite get there.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Planning to buy GTA V, the only problem is - my PC meets all the minimum requirements for the game apart from the 4 GB ram. I've around 3.6 GB, sufficient enough to run WatchDogs on medium settings and Don Bradman on high settings but not sure whether it'll be enough to run GTA V and to add to the misery, I've only 1 ram slot.

The preload has already begun on Steam but it's being said to be around 65 GB (yea, good luck to those hoping to download it off steam here in India). :p

D

Deleted member 9102

I was just going to come here to mention the pre-load had begun - it's 59GB! Massive!

The time remaining for my download says 2 days 12 hours so I'll just leave it on overnight and throughout the day until it finishes.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I wonder if the matchmaking for heists will be anything like it is on current/last gen. Sometimes it takes ages to find 3 other people to do a heist.

D

Deleted member 9102

The whole online matchmaking system was horrendously bad when I played on 360... Often I'd end up spending 90% of the time looking at loading screens or lobby screens when all I wanted to do was race, also you would often get sent back to single player and need to launch the online mode again... This was when there were thousands and thousands of people playing the game and I couldn't even get a race with a decent number of opponents.

The loading times are bound to be much faster on PC compared to last gen, but I imagine the matchmaking system will still be really bad... That was my most disliked aspect about the game on 360.

D

Deleted member 9102

Finally finished the pre-load and ready to get started on Tuesday :). My download speed is around 270-300KB/s so it took almost 60 hours of continuous downloading!

In the few days until release, I think I'm going to put together a playlist to use for the custom radio station. I'm thinking I'll use a lot of old GTA tracks (from Vice City and IV especially) as well as some stuff from Hotline Miami and Drive because I think that stuff will match the style of the game nicely, but I'll probably just put loads of my other favourite music in there too.

It's going to be so amazing, so hyped :).

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
In the few days until release, I think I'm going to put together a playlist to use for the custom radio station. I'm thinking I'll use a lot of old GTA tracks (from Vice City and IV especially) as well as some stuff from Hotline Miami and Drive because I think that stuff will match the style of the game nicely, but I'll probably just put loads of my other favourite music in there too.
Put Teardrop by Massive Attack on the radio and drive at night up to the top of Mount Chiliad. It's amazing.

D

Deleted member 9102

Put Teardrop by Massive Attack on the radio and drive at night up to the top of Mount Chiliad. It's amazing.
I know that track from the intro to House and yes I can imagine it making that journey pretty great :).

Another thing I'll be doing though is to completely turn off the radio and just experience all of the other ambient sound effects in the game - the audio design in GTA V is outstanding and with headphones it will bring things to life even more with the ability to more easily perceive the direction of the sound as well as picking up more subtle details. This was amazing when I tried it with someone at uni's gaming headset on 360 so I imagine it will be even better with the first person perspective.

Aditya

ICC Board Member
I'm tempted to buy the game but is it worth risking it with a 4Gb ram? I meet rest of the minimum requirements but I'm very much concerned with the RAM limitation of my laptop - which otherwise runs latest games like City Skylines and WatchDogs pretty well (even though both of them demand 4 GB minimum ram, just like GTA V).

Aditya

ICC Board Member
What's your graphic card?

It's AMD R5 Graphics - with 2.5 GB of memory. I've checked the minimum requirements on CanYouRunIt and there it says that the graphic card is good enough to meet the minimum requirement, so is the CPU. Which I'm guessing should help me run it on low-medium settings at 4GB ram but of course I'm not certain.

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
It's AMD R5 Graphics - with 2.5 GB of memory. I've checked the minimum requirements on CanYouRunIt and there it says that the graphic card is good enough to meet the minimum requirement, so is the CPU. Which I'm guessing should help me run it on low-medium settings at 4GB ram but of course I'm not certain

Wow, I am surprised to see, that graphic card is able to run games. It's similar to have a GT 630m card which barely runs much.

And with the review of notebookcheck I see it can't handle the settings of Watch Dogs? Not sure if you have the same M230 card though.

Users who are viewing this thread