Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
gaurav_indian said:
Its still Holi today.Whole day to go. :p

Then Happy Holi :) Its been long years back i played with colors though ;) Anyways, those who celebrate, Have lots of fun :cool:

viral1991

International Cricketer
Happy Holi! I really enjoyed the day, though I didn't play it too much! :)

indiancricketer said:
HAPPY HOLI people...hoil isnt just a festival...its the burning of a women named holi... she was burned in a iintersection...she was the sister of the devil at that time...we celebrate it because we are happy for the destruction of evil..holi is played with colours because i dont know excatly why but i think it was a tradition which was made by us...but anyways...playing holi is surely fun...:D happy holi

Actually, that women's name was Holika, the sister of the devil Hiranyakashyapu! This devil wanted to kill his son Prahlada, because the boy was a true devotee of Lord Vishnu, who was considered by the devil as his enemy!

The devil tried many things to kill his son! One of his methods was to put him in a huge fire with the un-burnable Holika! People prayed to God to save the boy! Because of the prayers, Holika was burnt while Prahlada survived! That is why, a huge fire is burnt every year on Holi

As the people were really happy with the saviour of Prahlada, the people threw colours at each other in happiness! That is why, Colours are thrown at one another, the day after the real Holi, which is also described as Holi! :)

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
viral1991 said:
Actually, that women's name was Holika, the sister of the devil Hiranyakashyapu! This devil wanted to kill his son Prahlada, because the boy was a true devotee of Lord Vishnu, who was considered by the devil as his enemy!

The devil tried many things to kill his son! One of his methods was to put him in a huge fire with the un-burnable Holika! People prayed to God to save the boy! Because of the prayers, Holika was burnt while Prahlada survived! That is why, a huge fire is burnt every year on Holi

As the people were really happy with the saviour of Prahlada, the people threw colours at each other in happiness! That is why, Colours are thrown at one another, the day after the real Holi, which is also described as Holi! :)

Thats a wonderful information :hpraise

I knw the story of Prahlada and Hiranyakashyapu but never knew that Holi was related to this so far. Thanks for the info Viral :)

viral1991

International Cricketer
surendar said:
Thats a wonderful information :hpraise

I knw the story of Prahlada and Hiranyakashyapu but never knew that Holi was related to this so far. Thanks for the info Viral :)

No problem! I have read (and enjoyed :D) lots of such spiritual stories! I am glad to share them with everyone! :)

F4rrukh

Panel of Selectors
Kshitiz_Indian said:
There's more to that story viral lol, but i am feeling too lazy to describe it out :p

Happy holi to everyone even though i hate it :D
Why do you hate it?

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Because i feel its unhygeinic. An event on last year's holi really put me of and i decided not to play it again. I hate the "violence" that some people create in the name of this festival :(

viral1991

International Cricketer
Kshitiz_Indian said:
There's more to that story viral lol, but i am feeling too lazy to describe it out :p

Happy holi to everyone even though i hate it :D

Yes, that story really is big! I just described its history briefly! :)

Kshitiz_Indian said:
Because i feel its unhygeinic. An event on last year's holi really put me of and i decided not to play it again. I hate the "violence" that some people create in the name of this festival :(

Some people really do create havoc in Holi's name! But playing Holi with good-mannered person is enjoyable! :)

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Feelin Blue? said:
woop woop woop ( im a bit late aren't i :p )
Lol, i actually lol'd at that irl.
Happy belated holi-even though i've never played it in my life :eek: . Sometimes i hate being an NRI :(

Users who are viewing this thread