Hardcore Gameplay Patch

N

nash

At the end of the day guys, if it wasn't for vineet and sam giving us access to the config files, then there would be no gameplay patches at all.

However thanks to them, myself and a few other people are getting close to completion of our own gameplay patch. (I would say about 2 weeks from being finished and tested). Here in short is what we hope the patch will do.....

-better cpu shot selection
-cpu able to bat out most if not all of 50 overs in ODI's
-unable to get loads of easy wickets by bowling continual yorkers
-better pacing of innings by CPU
-reasonable amount of edges in ODI's
-only well timed shots will normally be rewarded
-possibly amended default fields to make human batting more enjoyable with more realistic fields

at the moment only testing on 50 overs ODI's but if successful, 10 and 20 over files will be done too

When the patch is finally released, you will be able to find it at Cricket 2002 Online

Cheers
zim

A

Admin

Hey Zim

Nice of you to drop by.

I'm looking forward to your gameplay patch but I'm sure your you new patch will be upto your usual high standards. :)

The pacing files dont seem to conisder a lot of things such a the match situation just the type of batsman etc. Thats very poor programming. If I rememeber correctly blc has much better parameters doesn't it ?

Also I think the mistake a lot of people are making is setting the cpu much too aggressive which results either in a big score or ridiculous one digit scores. I'd think reducing the cpurequest/reward would be better in the long run. Haven't had much time to test any of this. Just jotted down some things that came to mind.

N

nash

Hi vineet

The pacing files are just a complete copy from BLC - as you say the only consideration the pacing files have is the batsman type. I guarantee no other relevant factor (eg no of wickets remaining etc) is considered when it comes to shot selection.

The cpurequest / reward values I like to think of as "global" values when it comes to determining how aggressive cpu will be when batting. They generally state how aggressive they will be. The pacing files still have the biggest impact on cpu stroke selection combined with the settings in the saf files.

I see some people claim to be able to make the cpu bowl better line and length - I would love to know how :)

Sanju

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
hey zimrahil can u make any patches in which the shot selection of the computer as well as our shot selection is good still their has been very slow improvement in the game despite of so many patches of game play.What i mean by tealling our shot selection should be goood means that the shots played in the game lookes pretty ugly.So the main thing is the Game should have REALISM
So thats it please come out with some good patches.

Users who are viewing this thread