Harry Kewell

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Harry Kewell is the brightest ever prospect to come out of Australia who had the ability to skip past defenders with ease. He was of the best left flankers in the world before 06. Kewell had a good season in 05 when he destroyed the Sao Paulo defenders and picked up a man of the match in the Fifa club world cup in 05. His move to Galatasary should be a luxury with many people underestimating them. They are the Turkish champions! This move shouldnt be frowned up on. Turkey proved in the Euro's that their domestic players werent bad but very good. Their midfield is like this now Kewell, Linderoth, Lincoln, Turan, Topal and Ozbek.

When Australia needs him he always delivers like during 97(i think its that year) when he scored two goals against Iran. He scored the winning volley in the world cup 06 against Croatia. The score was announced 2-2 which was very harsh on the Australians in which two handballs in the box werent given, rugby tackle on Viduka not given and the late goal wasnt given in which the referee blew the whistle in which it was in the box. Also the referee gave Simunic three yellow cards and Zelko Kalac(AC milan goalkeeper) fumbled the ball to give Croatia a free goal.

Harry Kewell missed a open goal when Australia played Brazil which would have leveled the score to 1-1 in around the 70th minute. Many say Australia could of won or even drew the game. Harry Kewell did not play in the game against Italy in which Grosso fell down in the penalty box to give them a penalty in the 94th minute for Italy to win 1-0.

When Harry was at Leeds he picked up Young player of the year for the EPL and best player for leeds. At liverpool it started to all crumble when one injury went on the another and Harry Kewell's loyalty had been questioned. You cant stop injuries and Harry Kewell's loyalty had been proven when Arsenal were trying to get him and Ac Milan, Manchester United, Juventus were all after him. He chose Liverpool because he followed them as a kid.

Let Harry Kewell's move to Galatasary prove all the doubters wrong.

PhilD123

International Coach
Nah, he's been crap when he's played which is quite a lot. The dippers wonder why they haven't won the league, yet they continued playing him, and the fat spanish waiter even brought him in for the Champions League final!:p

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
Nah, he's been crap when he's played which is quite a lot. The dippers wonder why they haven't won the league, yet they continued playing him, and the fat spanish waiter even brought him in for the Champions League final!:p
Kewell played well in 05.

PhilD123

International Coach
The Djemba twins scored a goal against Panathinakos in 2003, legends.

A) I meant the 2007 CL final
B) He was awful in 2005 as well

If he's the brightest prospect out of Australia, then get worrying.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
He'll rupture a tendon getting off the plane.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Harry Kewell has done NOTHING since joining Liverpool. But he was really really good when at Leeds. When playing for Liverpool, which was very rare, he used to hardly make any worthwhile passes or crosses. Lose the ball at crucial moments and get outplayed and outmuscled by some really average players.

He might have done well for Australia, I cant comment about that because I havent seen too many Aussie games besides WC2006 and the 3-1 friendly win over England. But then thats hardly a benchmark.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
More likely he'll get deep vein thrombosis that puts him out for a year

PhilD123

International Coach
Yeah I don't doubt that he looked good at sheep FC. However, as m_vaughan said, he was awful every time he played for Liverpool, their fans weren't best pleased with him. I hear that Leeds' fans aren't too pleased either now, as he's gone to Galatasary.

Users who are viewing this thread