Horror Day for Eduardo

D

Deleted member 13648

I know not anywhere near as serious, but breaking my femur I don't remember too much pain, so i can relate to that. Busst still plays non-league football, as a back-up grantned but he's still involved in football. I wish the best for Eduardo.

D

Deleted member 13648

What a legend. Seems like he's accepted it really well, as well as you can take something like this anyway.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned

DPRA

International Cricketer
Broken ankle, shin and tibia.
VERY unlikely he'll play again.

Very dis-similar to Alan Smiths. Smith broke his ankle and dislocated a bone in his shin I believe. Eduardo's is far more serious.

I think he will play again, however no time very soon, or soon.

PhilD123

International Coach
Before you start Arsenal-bashing again, remeber that Wenger retracted his comments.
Would I ever Arsenal-bash:p. Seriously though, it wasn't an apology, just retracted it.

Yeah I agree with the other comments, it shows class to do this, when other players would be bitter. Seems like a really top guy. Yeah I'll be checking on his recovery and I think with his professional attitude and a world class treatment team, he will come back.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Eduardo has taken a very upbeat attitude to his injury, he could have given up on trying to recover and blamed Martin Taylor for it, but he hasn't, he has been sensible.

The story said Taylor had been to see Eduardo before he left the hospital in Birmingham, which was a nice thing to do. He was brave to do it, since Eduardo could have been in a resentful mood towards him. He is apparently distressed about what has happened as well, which shows he is not a malicious player. It was a long time ago, but I don't remember Roy Keane looking particularly remorseful for what he did Alf Haaland.

Close up, slow motion replays were shown of the tackle on Match Of The Day on Saturday night, but they were cut out of the repeat on Sunday morning. I think it was a case of gore being shown after the watershed. The newspapers today have chosen to include revealing pictures of it, while Sky Sports are still refusing to show a replay of it.

PhilD123

International Coach
I don't remember Roy Keane looking particularly remorseful for what he did Alf Haaland.
And I'm guessing you dont know that Haaland wasn't particularly remorseful when he laughed 3 years earlier as Keane did his cruciate ligaments.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
And I'm guessing you dont know that Haaland wasn't particularly remorseful when he laughed 3 years earlier as Keane did his cruciate ligaments.

It was wrong of Haaland to taunt Keane when he injured himself, but Haaland didn't cause the injury, it was an accident. It doesn't make it alright, I know, but what Keane did was far worse and he should have been remorseful. A player might taunt you when you are injured, it doesn't mean you should go and kick him on the knee cap!

PhilD123

International Coach
Taunting a fellow professional footballer player, who has a serious injury, just because he plays for a different team ranks as being the lowest of the low. What if someone like McFadden had done that on Saturday? He would have been conedemned.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Taunting a fellow professional footballer player, who has a serious injury, just because he plays for a different team ranks as being the lowest of the low. What if someone like McFadden had done that on Saturday? He would have been conedemned.

Of course that player would have been scrutinised, rightly so, he should be. Taunting the opposing injured player is not the lowest of the low though, retaliating by purposely injuring them back is.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Would I ever Arsenal-bash:p. Seriously though, it wasn't an apology, just retracted it.

Yeah I agree with the other comments, it shows class to do this, when other players would be bitter. Seems like a really top guy. Yeah I'll be checking on his recovery and I think with his professional attitude and a world class treatment team, he will come back.

Why the hell should Wenger apologise?

Lets forget about the challenge, lets commend Taylor for what a great person he is and worry about how he feels or condemn Wenger for his comments. That's the way of the British media.

For Carr to say the challenge wasn't that bad is pathetic and pisses me off. I also read that McCleish insisted there were no hard feelings over Wenger's comments. For a minute there, I thought we should have been upset.

Last edited:

PhilD123

International Coach
Why the hell should Wenger apologise?

Lets forget about the challenge, lets commend Taylor for what a great person he is and worry about how he feels or condemn Wenger for his comments. That's the way of the British media.
Because what he said was way, way out of order, it was a bad tackle, but I've seen worse this season, and luckily they've not caused injuries, so no one's batted an eye lid. I dont think it was professional for Wenger to say that, and slightly hypocritical after Wenger sent his side out to kick United in the 2nd half less week, albeit to a lesser extent.

Lee, it's an interesting debate actually, I guess there's a few different viewpoints. But I think that retaliation, although not excused, can be understood, taunting someone about such a serious injury for no reason, is sick.

Users who are viewing this thread