Horror Day for Eduardo

morson93

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
They Say This Is As Bad As David Busst's Injury But I Can't Find A Video Of Busst's So I Would'nt Know.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
i reckon thats his career over but i have no sympathy did anyone give a crap when Alan Smith bust his leg no so why should I

Everyone sympathised with Alan Smith when he was badly injured. The players wore shirts dedicating the Carling Cup to him. The papers were full of people offering their best wishes. He was applauded all around when he made his return.

It happened 2 years ago, so before you were born, but you should be able to find out about it and stop being such an insensitive prat.

Animator!

School Cricketer
Giggity - Stfu you absolute cock.

Anyways, He had an operation to repair a double compound fracture last night. Basically, he broke his ankle and his shin so badly both bones came through the skin. So there is a big risk of infection in the next few days but more important is how the bones fuses back together etc.

covlad-99

International Cricketer
There is a huge difference between Eduardo's break than Smith's. Smith's was nowhere near as bad, and he was never really in fear of amputation, but Eduardo's looks like amputation may well be the case. Hopefully not, but there are so many bones in theat part of your body, that its nearly impossible to put each one back together. Hopefully not and hopefully he'll be back next season like Cisse and Smith and he can fulfill his potential to a certain extent. Mine was worse than Smith's and I didn't have my leg amputated, but Eduardo's looks terrible :(

Animator!

School Cricketer
The other major reason that more has been poured in Eduardo's case is because Eduardo's was because of a tackle. Alan Smith slide in to block a shot and got his studs caught in the ground then the force of the ball combining with his leg being caught in the ground meant that he disclocated his knee and broke his ankle - which is a) FAR less serious than Eduardo's and B) Totally non contact with a player involved - More controversy has surrounded Eduardo's because it is the fault of another player - Whether intentional or not, not as the case is, it has more press coverage than Smith's because Smith's was an absolute freak accident. As a supposed United fan I would have thought you would have a) Known all that and B) Being above the age of 5 and having had some form of rudementary education meant that you can put two and two together to make four.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
You do realise by responding to him your giving him exactly what he wants because all he's doing is a spot of wumming.

I doubt he'd be back for 2 years if he did come back just because he'd have to be 100% certain it was ok to go back. He'll be having the best treatment possible though so hes got some hope, even if he isn't very good when he comes back. Even if he doesn't come back to play as well he'll probably go into management, having unfinished business with the sport, like Steve Coppell.

lee everyone was sympathetic to Alan Smith? Like the Liverpool fans who attacked his ambulance? Like the Leeds fans who rang up talkshite radio and laughed at him.

morson93

Club Cricketer
You do realise by responding to him your giving him exactly what he wants because all he's doing is a spot of wumming.

I doubt he'd be back for 2 years if he did come back just because he'd have to be 100% certain it was ok to go back. He'll be having the best treatment possible though so hes got some hope, even if he isn't very good when he comes back. Even if he doesn't come back to play as well he'll probably go into management, having unfinished business with the sport, like Steve Coppell.

lee everyone was sympathetic to Alan Smith? Like the Liverpool fans who attacked his ambulance? Like the Leeds fans who rang up talkshite radio and laughed at him.

Tbh I Would'nt Wana Go Back, He's Leg Will Never Be As Strong As It Used To Be So Why Risk It Again,
Yeh Football Is His Pasion And He Is The Most Up And Coming Footballer In The World But What Would You Rather Do? Just Think If He Had Another Bad Tackle On That Leg Then He Might Not Be Able To Walk Next Time.

PhilD123

International Coach
Yep and he mentioned about wearing shirts to dedicate the win to him. They were United players wearing them shirts, of course his own team is going to dedicate it to them.

Although I am annoyed about what Giggity Giggity has said. Have some respect as a football fan at least, he shouldn't sink to the levels of Liverpool fans, we're better than that.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Maybe not everyone then as he used to play for Leeds, so they hate him, and Liverpool hate everything Man Utd.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Smith should be one of the only players that the Leeds faithful actually like. He stuck with them for the whole of their final season in the Premier League, and didn't just get out of there as quickly as possible like Woodgate, Kewell, Viduka, etc.

I didn't think that amputation could be so close with Eduardo, i knew it was serious, but didn't think it was THAT bad. What are the chances of amputation ?

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
It sounds weird, but when my mate suffered a similar injury he said the pain was so bad that he didn't feel any pain....it doesn't exactly make sense but it sort of does.

Users who are viewing this thread