Your Cricket Have you ever been in the "Zone"?

Do you believe in Zone?

• Total voters

-D-S-B-

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Considering The International ground in Dunedin (University Oval) Is smaller than some of the club grounds, I'd say we're definately known for Small grounds. :p

Uni Oval should be expanded soon though, which will be good ((if it happens)

rvdthunder

Club Cricketer
i have been in the zone twice, the first time i was in a junior country championship final, and blocked out 15 overs to win the title, and the second time, captaining my school side, i would usually open the batting, but in the second innings with no chance of an outright i came in at 8 and hit 64 not out in 20 minutes, including 5 6's and 4's. you just know when you are in the zone, and there is no stopping you

Will Browne

Club Cricketer
Being in the zone is sweet- no thinking required and your arms just do exactly what they should and the timing is always perfect. Its only happened about 3 or 4 times and I have made scores every time. Everything just flows.

darthlewis1

Club Captain
I've been in the complete opposite to the zone, I couldn't connect with anything, I was playing and missing until I just played a half shot to a wide delivery and was caught. But no, I have never been completely in the zone.

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
I think I was a year back (I've stopped playing cricket since then). I'm a pretty terrible batsmen and usually bat around 10 or 11. Anyway here we go on a run chase and I come to the crease with us needing around 40 to win of 7 overs. Everyone was expecting us to lose, but somehow I managed to be able to hit it for once. I was actualy batting better than my no.5 partner, I even hit a six. Anyway, we were still struggling to keep up with the run rate and it was a thriller.

We needed 7 to win off the last over. I was facing and first ball goes for four, next ball a single. We needed 2 off 4 to win and it seemed like we had it in the bag, but unfortunately my partner couldn't get the ball away for more runs, 2 dot balls followed then a single leaving me on strike needed 1 run to win. So there I was thinking I was gonna hit the winning runs, but instead I completely missed the ball, but so did the keeper and we ran a bye to win the match.

offdriven4

Club Cricketer
2 years ago i smashed 188* in a game,definitaly felt in the zone that day,haven't got anywhere near a knock like that since.

GREEN

School Cricketer
Oh yeah! The "Zone" is no myth, but it is a mystery because you can't prepare for it plan for it. Im an all-rounder and I have experienced it in both batting and bowling.

Being in the bowling zone, you don't need to warm up and your rhtym is perfect. You place the ball exactly where you want it to be with really good pace and you just do it!

With batting, you see the ball somewhat clearer regardless of the pace it is being bowled at and you instinctively play shots. You middle almost every ball you play and your timing is impeccable. You play the ball on its merit and most shots are percentage shots!

THE ZONE!

JohnC

School Cricketer
I have been in the zone twice this year already.
Zone 1: Helped my friend David get a hat-trick because of stumpings!
Zone 2: Been in the zone and Slogged to no end = 150* off 78 deliveries

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I cant say i was in the zone but i got 3 wickets in an over a week ago and they felt awesome.
First wicket: It was my first ball, first ball of the match. I ran and bowled with a slingy action. Ball pitched on leg stump, then i dont know what happened, it absolutely seamed towards off stump. Batsman was just trying to defend it on the leg side but ball missed his bat and hit the top of off stump. The perfect Dale Steyn moment. I couldnt believe what just happened. Batsman looked back at me in shock, hell even umpire and runner were looking at me as if they are saying " How the hell you did that". I didnt planned it. It just happened.

Second Wicket: Then next ball was just a good old yorker hitting the off stump base.

Third Wicket: The next batsman survived the hattrick ball. Next ball was just a good length ball which he mishit straight in the hands of mid on.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
When I was in the zone I scored 98 of 48 to win a lost match. That was great. 7 sixs of the last 12 balls for me. Power house :D

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I would say that, for me, I was in the zone in a recent cup match. Stopped for a drinks break and got bowled two balls later... :(

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
When I was in the zone, I made as many as 9 fifty plus score in the 10 innings! In one of my innings, I made 52 off just 10 balls! (not kidding). I hit 8 sixes and a boundary. I hit the boundary to end the innings (We were batting first).

But after that phase, for the next 12-13 matches, I couldn't even score 10 runs in an innings.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
In the zome today. Played my 5th Pro40 match against proper u-19. I am only 16. I was the youngest there and today. I scored 145*(128). Only one six though. But atleast, I realised that smashing isn't the best even in powerplays

Users who are viewing this thread