Help playing the leg glance

DemonicHuntsman

Club Captain
Hi everyone. Whenever I try to play the glance the batsman gets his front leg in the way. I'm playing on "standard" controls. Thanks for the help.

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
We can play glance only on front foot in this game. However back foot shots are underpowered and not precise.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Yeah I also find the Batsman to hit the ball into his own leg while attempting the Fine Leg Glance on the Front Foot.

Not sure really how to get around this one atm.

D

Deleted member 185125

Yeah I also find the Batsman to hit the ball into his own leg while attempting the Fine Leg Glance on the Front Foot.

I guess cos of this there a lot of wrong shots played by AI. Most of them gets dismissed trying a pullshot to a pitched up ball instead of leg glance.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

I see the ball edged into pads while on driving fuller deliveries (Blue and Orange). I see a pitched up delivery on stumps, eye the gap through mid wicket or widish mid on and most times the ball is edged/hit into the pads with the bowler appealing every time it happens.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
But you can still play back foot leg glances off the pads? Please tell me you can as this was one of my main scoring shots in DBC14.

Unfortunately backfoot glance is a pretty rare occurrence. I still don't know how to play the shot as the pull/hook shot animation is what you get. I would love for Big Ant to make glance and hook/pull animation based on height. E.g., if you play a shot towards square leg or fine leg off either foot, height of the ball should decide which animation kicks in. If the delivery is below chest height glance shot should be played and anything over chest height pull/hook animation should kick in.

Users who are viewing this thread