Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

herby_15

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
hey guys just wondern i bought a v900 pro last year cost me 400 here in aus and didnt get the chance to use because of knocking in issues anyway well im using it this season n i like it n all but the thing is my sisters in india n said shell buy me any bat i said MRF Lara 400 limited edition n she said it was 290 considering here its 650 pretty good deal will using both bats for the year affect me??

i dont know what your asking, but using 2 different bats will affect your performance as you will get used to the pickup of one bat and then you will hav eto change it.

1. Welcome to the forums
2. This should be in the cricket chat section but do not worry
3. Using two different bats at once may affect you if they differ vastly in weight. However if they are similar it will be fine. There is no reason why you cannot use one until it breaks and then use the other. That being said, knock in both bats for 5 hours each and then play with a slow bowler and play light shots.

It would help to know if you are a child or adult (age) so we know if you may grow out of one bat.

Hope you enjoy the forums

Manee

Changing bats is a very bat idea, even if they are the same make, even professionals hate changing as it takes everyone a while to get used to the feel of the bat.

Say you have to MRF and had two Lara special ones which are new, they wont be exactly the same. Id say stick with one this season, and then use the other next season :D

Most of all Welcome to the Forums :D

Hope you enjoy your stay here!

Changing bats is a very bat idea, even if they are the same make, even professionals hate changing as it takes everyone a while to get used to the feel of the bat.

Proof that too many bats can get you confused :D

langerrox said:
I was about to say great pun simbazz
lol, id love to say id ment it, :D, but i cant it was a mis-type.

But yeah for someone like me, if i had my Kookaburra and then had a Woodworm, id probably get mixed up sometimes with the way they play, as differnt bats do differnt jobs, Afridi will have a heavy one surely and someone like Trescothick will have a light one which he can guide the the ball.

For the intrest of you guys, i have a heavy bat as im a bit of a slogger!

indeed i been using a woodworm lately and then going back to my predator was tough, im a slogger at heart but i have to make myself sensible so i dont lose my captainicy

well im 16 and yerhh the MRF is about 2'8 and the slazenger is about 2'10 but it feels very light to me

herby_15 said:
well im 16 and yerhh the MRF is about 2'8 and the slazenger is about 2'10 but it feels very light to me

:D well im also 16 and im a self proclaimed slogger at heart, but like Langerrox, i have to be careful as i really want to try to make a career out of sport, and im also captain. My bat, to my knowledge is fair heavy...about 2'13 or might be 2'12, not quite sure but its at the top end of the wieght scales.

Id say stick with your current bat, and then next season try out your MRF.

Then in 2 season time you can decide which you like.

The best way to try to see straight away which you like best, is grab a mate, and tell him to bowl at you, spinners are useful for this as you can get a feel how easy it is to knock em round

shud i call my sister tell her not to get it?? because ill be getting it for about 60 percent off the price here in aus

herby_15 said:
shud i call my sister tell her not to get it?? because ill be getting it for about 60 percent off the price here in aus
If i was you man, id grab it!

Even if it is a season till you play with it, it'll still be there! Plus who knows what will happen with your current bat this season, it might crack,split or the bat end will come flying off the handle and take out the slip, once happened to a coach of mine during an Club Charity Special :p Bad thing was, they all batted other handed :p the slip had a wonderful bruise on his left shoulder

duno what to do im soo confused rite now man its her last day there n she getting it right now for $290 when its $650 here is this bat The MRF lara 400 limited edition that good a bat??? what have people been saying about it?

From what ive heard its a decent bat....

I usually am lucky enough to be able to use new bats in the nets as the team i play for has a bunch of people who think they are posh and have everything new :D truth is, were all just normal and we try to look good, cos our play is just bad :D

Users who are viewing this thread