Hook and Pull shots

blazer-glory

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I can never manage to hit short pitched balls using the hook or pull shot. Should these shots only be attempted when you have very high confidence?

well, not really. I've played the game for two weeks now, and managed to play some hooks and pulls.

I always felt that hooks/pulls are more possible with right handed batsmen. Try practicing it in nets, its the best thing. In the settings, change the length to short. Also, you have to get into the line of the ball. If you're not in line with the ball, it'll most likely strike your body.

For pulls, press the shift and the arrow key along with D or W key.

Also you need to pick high quality batsman for this thing.Unless you have a high batting confidence, tailenders cannot hit those shots.

Hooking and pulling is very difficult. Well its easy to play the shot, but not getting caught is the hard bit.

with pakistani players
i can easily hook and pull
its real easy
just make sure that the confidence should be higher

Players like Sachin and Sehwag can play well those shots!!!
Infact i had hit sixes with hook shot by Sehwag!!! but i used AI patch.. i dnt remeber exactly wht patch i used... i think it shd be Vinay's Wcc or V1....

ya it depends.....if ur using any A.I. patch then u may have to practise a lot before playing them.

but they are very easy to play on an unpatched game.

Well top quality batsmen like Gilchrist and a good AI patch is all thats needed to play those shots.

I used to struggle, but you do need a patch, because you can't pull leg stump half volleys :D

It's possible and if the field is up, then you can hit 4s.

I hit a 6 with kallis in the Carribean.

I think the biggest problem is the strike zone for these type of shots. From reality, you tend to think you can pull straighter balls than you can in EA Cricket. In fact, from the default batsman position, I don't think you can actually make contact trying to pull any delivery going over the tops of the stumps.

You can.

In the Ashes vs Aus with Butcher batting, I had bat so you could just see middle stump, McGrath bowled a short one pitching on leg, going just over leg/middle, and I pulled it for 4 (baring in mind he had only been in 5 balls) through Mid Wicket.

You need luck, and whether you connect can be consistent.

Definitely.

You can't pull on anything other than dry or dusty, occasionally Normal.

Users who are viewing this thread