How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Presume you only just started playing the game?

If so was same for everybody - takes practise and patience playing fast bowling at first
If you persevere it does get easier. Only premeditation I do now is to play fast bowling off back foot always -can play any type of delivery plus more importantly when ball is delivered you are concentrating on what shot to play only and not worrying about footwork too.

I find it a challenge but definitely playable and enjoyable

Im in my second season, i keep coming back so it cant be bad. I just find it a bit formulaeic. Averaging only 5 but improving.

I press either front or back foot before the ball is bowled. Front foot for slower bowlers, but not sure about the quicks, is the back foot better? It just seems that when the field is up, you have to loft, which is not cricket, well not fc cricket

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Back foot better for me but it's very subjective which foot is better to play off

Don't need to loft quicks in FC games once you get better. Get timing right and can pierce the gaps no problem? For most people this takes weeks not days though of playing

Chaudhary

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Got my first FC 100, batting on 134 at the end of 1st day.
Previous best was 10.

Attachments

• WP_20140629_001.jpg
    WP_20140629_001.jpg
    534.9 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

akshay2009

School Cricketer
My career statistics so far :
Playing for VICTORIA (Indian born) (17 Years of age)

First Class Avg. - 38.04
List A Avg. - 39.85
Twenty20 Avg. - 19.05 :cheers

Working hard to improve those avgs.

joejoe018

Associate Cricketer
Just started my career as a 26 year old batsman for QLD bulls on rookie. Played my first match and got 91 and 106* and was made captain after that game.

Chaudhary

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
My career statistics so far :
Playing for VICTORIA (Indian born) (17 Years of age)

First Class Avg. - 38.04
List A Avg. - 39.85
Twenty20 Avg. - 19.05 :cheers

Working hard to improve those avgs.

These are some good numbers, i am averaging 2.8 in fc and 1.33 in list a after 3 games

ellgieff

Club Captain
Im in my second season, i keep coming back so it cant be bad. I just find it a bit formulaeic. Averaging only 5 but improving.

I press either front or back foot before the ball is bowled. Front foot for slower bowlers, but not sure about the quicks, is the back foot better? It just seems that when the field is up, you have to loft, which is not cricket, well not fc cricket

As a personal experience, I've found that not premeditating my footwork is giving me better results.

That is, respond to the delivery - go back to short stuff, forward to full stuff. I tend to favour the front foot against the "good length" deliveries. Someone on here pointed out that you have way more time than you think - and you really, really do.

One of the things to be clear about is that you shouldn't be looking to smash quicks around the park early in their spell. Let them get 3 overs in - then the fatigue system kicks in and you have a chance to score more freely

You certainly don't have to loft to pierce a field that's up - you just need to get the shot right. It's taken me much (and I mean _much_) playing to get to the point where I feel like I've got some control over things.

That is to say, I've gone from averaging 5 with a 16 year-old to my current career, where I'm averaging almost 20 halfway through the first year. I keep restarting the career, because I don't want the assistance of high skills messing up my learning to play better.

Only premeditation I do now is to play fast bowling off back foot always -can play any type of delivery plus more importantly when ball is delivered you are concentrating on what shot to play only and not worrying about footwork too.

Really? I find when I go on the back foot to a good length delivery that my boy simply misses the ball, or gets a thin edge.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
I chose to play the career mode as a Batting Allrounder. I bat at no.4, so more often than not I get a chance to play very early in the innings (between 10-15 overs). I've so far played around 20 innings and have found batting to be tough. But I don't mind it one bit because it seems like I will get better with practice.

As of now, my batting average is hovering around 5-6 with a highest score of 42. On the other hand, I seem to be doing quite well with the ball. I already have about 35 wickets @ an average of 8 and a very good strike rate too.

I'm able to handle spinners quite well, but the fast and medium-fast bowlers are giving me a tough time. Interestingly, this the same case in real life too. I wonder if that's the reason I tend to panic when facing a pace bowler. Getting out cheaply is frustrating indeed but I'm determined to turn the tables in my favor in due time.

Awesome mode, great gameplay, superb value for money :thumbs I definitely see the longevity factor that the game offers to its players.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Really? I find when I go on the back foot to a good length delivery that my boy simply misses the ball, or gets a thin edge.

yes, even full length on the stumps I can play a shot no problem

As I stated I only premeditate footwork for quicks-for everyone else play delivery on its merits

estmsm

Club Captain
Just started my career as a 26 year old batsman for QLD bulls on rookie. Played my first match and got 91 and 106* and was made captain after that game.

What authorities one get when made a captain?

Chaudhary

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Completed my first double, now batting on 201.

Lets see if i will get time to get 300 or my captain declares before that.

Last edited:

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
I restarted my career after experiencing some crashing and frames-per-second issues when batting the first time round, which was making it impossible to react quickly enough. It was fine in the first match but from second onwards, it just wouldn't work properly for some reason, so I fixed the graphical set up, and thankfully, I'd only played one and a bit matches originally, so I wasn't really missing anything by starting over, particularly as I hadn't been used to the controls then either, and so hadn't really done very well - a few extra hours of practice made a big difference going in the second time.

Anyway, I'm playing for Worcestershire as a fast bowling all rounder, batting at 7, and in first class at least, I'm a fairly economical bowler, even though I'm not yet taking as many wickets as I hope I will be able to in future. Four matches played so far, and in 640 balls (so 106-107 overs?), I've bowled 44 maidens, taking 11 wickets, for 176 runs, with best innings figures of 3-33 (including a nice 2 in 2), and match figures of 4-50. With the bat, I've scored 47 runs of 31 balls in 5 innings, with a best so far of 24 on my first appearance, after I came in and hit 16 off my first 3 balls, haha! The best part about this is that I was given out caught behind off the 8th ball, and I spent about 10 minutes watching the replay afterwards. I genuinely couldn't tell you if the ball actually came into contact with the bat or not, it really was that class, but no snicko, hotspot, or reviews, so I had to accept Ross's decision (had this happen twice actually when I don't think I've hit it - why, Ross, why?!!!)

In List A matches, I've played 3 matches, with 2 batting innings, scoring a best of 20 (largely thanks to three sixes at the start, before I got myself stupidly stumped advancing down the wicket, having already got my partner run out a few balls before) after going for my second duck the first time round. Unfortunately, the nature of the format means I've found it a lot harder to be economical with the ball (and even when I've managed it, my teammates haven't been so successful to make it count), and I've bowled 123 balls (20-21 overs), taking 3 wickets for 124 runs with just two maidens, and best figures of 2-54.

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Fed up of getting stumped when trying to cut a spinner. The whole batsmans attitude about being in your ground is Jos Buttler like. As if it isnt difficult enough. This game is broken, just been stumped coming forward to a fast bowler. Doh

----------

Also how on earth do you play a yellow full ball without getting bowled?

Last edited:

sobti

School Cricketer
Started my career as Bowling All-rounder at PRO level with Sussex, here are my stats :
Took 5 For in 1st inning (no LBW but good amount of outswings)
Scored Half century with all ground shots, strike rate 120
Took 2 wickets with one beauty - LBW dismissal. :thumbs

Seems decent start. Still want to control bat speed of mine :) :cheers

10469046_866810003348350_2303182451023747756_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread