How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
If you can play leg side shots, the game becomes quite repetitive.

I'd really like if the game understands that i am not good at off side or playing off back foot then it should expose my weakness by bowling in such areas with the occasional normal delivery on the leg side.

On a green pitch for example i'd really like bowler swinging the ball both ways and me judging and trying to cover my stumps

If you can play leg side shots, the game becomes quite repetitive.

I'd really like if the game understands that i am not good at off side or playing off back foot then it should expose my weakness by bowling in such areas with the occasional normal delivery on the leg side.

On a green pitch for example i'd really like bowler swinging the ball both ways and me judging and trying to cover my stumps

Yes, but I cant play shots towards Off Side if the AI is bowling towards Leg or at the Stumps, so have to content with what the game has to offer. I think in Legend Difficulty that should be the case (AI bowling more on the Off Side than on leg Side). I haven't played on legend Difficulty yet.

Yes, but I cant play shots towards Off Side if the AI is bowling towards Leg, so have to content with what the game has to offer.
I understand your proficiency at the game. It was only an observation of the game mechanics and not your abilities

First game in pro40 on PC and I managed to score a decent ton. Loving the PC gameplay but also cant wait for it to come out on xbox too. Also a cheeky 200 partnership with Cook, probably many more to come. Playing on pro, none of that easy stuff
3768190E14ED33F67884FB60418434DF8B8CFBEA

26F0B3160678D837D9C340508A40FAEBC2F6DAEB

Yes, but I cant play shots towards Off Side if the AI is bowling towards Leg or at the Stumps, so have to content with what the game has to offer. I think in Legend Difficulty that should be the case (AI bowling more on the Off Side than on leg Side). I haven't played on legend Difficulty yet.
I have been scoring about 75-80 percent of my shots on the off side and I try to play more on the "V" to reducing the risk of edges and that has been a very effective approach for a long innings but at the start I played the leg side shots more as you need to get used to the foot movement in that level to score on the offside more....:cheers

I have been scoring about 75-80 percent of my shots on the off side and I try to play more on the "V" to reducing the risk of edges and that has been a very effective approach for a long innings but at the start I played the leg side shots more as you need to get used to the foot movement in that level to score on the offside more....:cheers

Absolutely. As I have just started playing career Mode and it is my 1st Season, I am concentrating playing only as per my strength and score some Big Runs to get International Call up ASAP. Once I am in my 2nd Season/3rd Season, I will explore the other shots. My Highest Score on FC on Pro Difficulty is 300 (259 Balls), and I have scored approx 80% of those runs by waiting for balls to score on the leg side. I know, it is not a Perfect Approach to play the game, but it is working for me, and at-least it is not making me quit the Career Mode in frustration of getting out on low scores.

Edit: Its not that I cant play on Off Side atall (Still 15/20% of Runs are scored on Off Side only), just that I am 100% confident of not getting out for balls coming to stumps and towards leg side.

Absolutely. As I have just started playing career Mode and it is my 1st Season, I am concentrating playing only as per my strength and score some Big Runs to get International Call up ASAP. Once I am in my 2nd Season/3rd Season, I will explore the other shots. My Highest Score on FC on Pro Difficulty is 300 (259 Balls), and I have scored approx 80% of those runs by waiting for balls to score on the leg side. I know, it is not a Perfect Approach to play the game, but it is working for me, and at-least it is not making me quit the Career Mode in frustration of getting out on low scores.

Edit: Its not that I cant play on Off Side at all (Still 15/20% of Runs are scored on Off Side only), just that I am 100% confident of not getting out for balls coming to stumps and towards leg side.

Yeah but the thing is I am loving the game more and more when I play those beautiful shots on the off side so that's the main reason why I try to play more on the off...:D

Yeah but the thing is I am loving the game more and more when I play those beautiful shots on the off side so that's the main reason why I try to play more on the off...:D

Yup, its like different strategy works for different players. My Back foot & Off Side skill level needs to be improved. so probably very soon I will start playing those stunning cover drives and square cuts..:D:D

I'm almost at the end of my first season as a batting all rounder. Bowling is going great but batting I have hit a major wall/form slump. Almost every cover or straight drive I play produces an edge, and about 25% of my cut shots do too. This is off every type of bowler.

In my other career as an opener I don't have the same problem at all so I don't think it's timing or foot placement. In net sessions I'm ideal timing 60/60 balls.

Both careers are on veteran difficulty.

Question: do I need to just keep grinding out front foot/straight bat/off side etc skill points or am I missing something here? It's to the point where I can get out cheaply in 6 innings on the one career and switch to the other to score a half century in a ODI no problems.

Any tips?

I'm almost at the end of my first season as a batting all rounder. Bowling is going great but batting I have hit a major wall/form slump. Almost every cover or straight drive I play produces an edge, and about 25% of my cut shots do too. This is off every type of bowler.

In my other career as an opener I don't have the same problem at all so I don't think it's timing or foot placement. In net sessions I'm ideal timing 60/60 balls.

Both careers are on veteran difficulty.

Question: do I need to just keep grinding out front foot/straight bat/off side etc skill points or am I missing something here? It's to the point where I can get out cheaply in 6 innings on the one career and switch to the other to score a half century in a ODI no problems.

Any tips?

I doubt batting position will alter your skill as a player to such a degree. As I said in above posts, I prefer not to play cover drive or anything towards Off Side till I am well set (Past 100 Runs), just try to play according to your strength for 1st 50/60 runs, and once the confidence level is up, go for shots towards Off Side. You cannot get edge if you are not trying to play towards off side. But different things work for different players so play as per your strength for initial phase.

I doubt batting position will alter your skill as a player to such a degree. As I said in above posts, I prefer not to play cover drive or anything towards Off Side till I am well set (Past 100 Runs), just try to play according to your strength for 1st 50/60 runs, and once the confidence level is up, go for shots towards Off Side. You cannot get edge if you are not trying to play towards off side. But different things work for different players so play as per your strength for initial phase.

I play as a left hand batsman - I score the majority of my runs through cover, square leg and anything short in all the careers I've played. I played a 4 day innings on the weekend where I blocked out everything for about 70 balls, waited until I had full confidence, blocked out another over until he bowled a juicy fullish ball outside off...and edged it to gully.

What gets me is that the other career I'm playing I don't have the same problem at all.

Frustrating :)

I play as a left hand batsman - I score the majority of my runs through cover, square leg and anything short in all the careers I've played. I played a 4 day innings on the weekend where I blocked out everything for about 70 balls, waited until I had full confidence, blocked out another over until he bowled a juicy fullish ball outside off...and edged it to gully.

What gets me is that the other career I'm playing I don't have the same problem at all.

Its a strange problem....

I am also playing as a batting allrounder .....and if hitted consecutive boundaries for couple of balls to spinners.....then the next ball will take edge definitely. ...doesn't matter how well you time it....if I block then its ok...

Frustrating. ..

Users who are viewing this thread