How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters

thegr8anand

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Have started my career on Pro difficulty as fast-bowling allrounder. Haven't played much at all except one online game and immediately started career to learn as i go. Bad at batting as i just go all out and hit straight boundries when the AI hasn't put anyone there at the start. Otherwise i suck.

Bowling is a mixed bag. Sometimes i do very well. Have managed to grab 2 hattricks. Other times keep bowling and bowling to no avail.

Still on my second year, 17 years of age. Loving this game so far. PC version btw.

sm5Fqa9l.jpg

tcBpAJKl.jpg

dippa

Club Captain
Come back and continued doing some work in the T20 league for the Sydney Thunder. Posted a couple of scores in the 20s and finally had my best innings yet in any format with a reasonably solid, but not spectacular, 36 off 33 balls.

uFzfWBU.jpg

Basically took no risks and just took the free fours when offered - pulled off the front foot into open midwicket, drove for 1's and 2's, picked up some runs around square leg and cover when offered.

Got caught at the end holing out because it was the last over. Pretty happy that my "gameplan" seems to be reasonably solid for Pro level.

I think I'm not too far away from a first-class or a A-List 50. And I'm still taking plenty of wickets, so that helps.

DS1994

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Just scored my first hundred! ..county cup game against Nottinghamshire from 52 balls. my nerves on 99 were through the roof until a nice short ball was launched over point for 6.. cheers Gurney!

Hooper

ICC Board Member
I cant get into career mode.. Too boring playing as one player when theres 11 on the field.

Doing the recent Ashes tour, as Australia of course.. Currently batting in the first innings at the Gabba after bowling the Poms out for 250-odd in 90 overs.. Mitchell Johnson is a beast. I only snagged one wicket in 30 overs of bowling, then after lunch Johnno ripped through them, ending up on a hat trick. I noticed a lot of bowled dismissals. No matter how well I bowled I barely got an edge, as a matter of fact I bowled 90 overs and only managed 1 that barely reached the keeper on the 2nd bounce!

I am loving the review system, I got an LBW overturned and also missed an LBW I should of reviewed. :facepalm Well implemented into the game though. Bowling with spinners is a nightmare still, barely get any revolutions on the ball. Anyway, Im batting now and Warner is smashing them to pieces early. :thumbs

Starting to enjoy it after ripping pubes trying to play Career mode.:lol

Chaudhary

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Will be taking a 3 days brake from the game ..
Fc 831 runs in 6 matches
4 100
1 50
30 wickets
List a 172 runs in 5 games
1 100
0 50
3 wickets
4 MOM in total

vickyrox

Club Captain
Just scored a 100 playing for Western Australia as an opener (16 years) against NSW in a List A match. Opening partnership of 122 in 8 overs with Marcus North.

Marcd89

Club Cricketer
I have had several OMG moments similar to this lol

B185C50E6E646DF7AAB6A8D587F8933FFA8C2AEC

Last edited:

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
I can now bring myself up the order as the captain of the team...:D:thumbs

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
Is anybody else but me attempting a batting career on legend / pro cam / no hud?

Unsurprisingly it's fairly challenging.

Krokenoster

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Thought that I would share this.

After patch 2 downloaded, I started a new career, 16yo batting-all rounder, on pro. First innings, I walk for a duck :facepalm , I was busy doing 2 things at once, again, lesson learnt.....if your batting, that is ALL that you do, nothing around you matters.

Went in to bowl, and only got 1 wicket, after 28 overs, and 69 runs against me......I LOVED IT....the fact that I have to put in the time to get a wicket, and they don't just fall left and right anymore, is fantastic.....

Second innings, coming in at 5th batsman, I could clearly see that we have to go for the draw.....no chance of winning.....it's the last day, and I'm in at session 2 for the day.....I blocked everything around me out, and started the long haul......

Eventually, I got caught off an edge to the keeper, from a fast bowler......but I am very happy to have gotten 93 runs, and built a partnership of 100+ runs......only 2 wickets to my name in the 4 day, but they were well deserved.....

Then I went to look at my skill increases.....what a sight!!!!

This game was great, but after patch 2, I am speechless......BA, well done!!!!

Attachments

• 20140703_171519.jpg
    20140703_171519.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 30

Marcd89

Club Cricketer
How this wasn't out LBW I will never know, the Batsman went on to get 50+ more runs.

Rage!

3D34B12657F7A4AC18C7ADF26F069F80A0A24BE6

D

Deleted member 9102

When batting I keep making stupid mistakes and throwing my wicket away, but it's in ways that I used to do it in real life when I played years ago. The way you have to read and react to a delivery is much closer to real life than the usual bowling marker, so it exposes faults in your real life batting habits.

I'm lucky to make a 20 in my career mode, but I have no intention of lowering the difficulty (from Veteran) - I simply need to get better and use the nets practice a lot more.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Usual story. Duck. Duck. Duck.

Then a one-dayer where I'm facing spin. SMACK. SMACK. SMACK. I race to 48 from just 11 balls.
Dead excited, I'm about to smack him again when notice at the VERY last minute the AI has moved a fielder there! I panic and block it away.
End of over.
Fast bowler comes on.
Out first ball.
Out for 48, the half century still unchartered territory.

SAD FACE.

srk121

International Coach
Usual story. Duck. Duck. Duck.

Then a one-dayer where I'm facing spin. SMACK. SMACK. SMACK. I race to 48 from just 11 balls.
Dead excited, I'm about to smack him again when notice at the VERY last minute the AI has moved a fielder there! I panic and block it away.
End of over.
Fast bowler comes on.
Out first ball.
Out for 48, the half century still unchartered territory.

SAD FACE.

Chief, how would you rate this game? and how does it fare compare to older counterparts?

Users who are viewing this thread