How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
Just made the T20 international side for SA in my first year as a 21 yr old. Had a pretty awesome BBL scoring 634 runs in 9 matches at an ave of 79.25. It included 2 100s and 5 50s with a highest of 108*.
We won the comp as well and I was made captain in the semis. This is on pro difficulty.
The key to progressing is definitely MOTM awards and I got 6 out of the 9 I played in.

About to start the 3 match series against Aus.

Update on the new career as a no. 3 batsman (on Legend) and an occasional fast bowler...

Have played 4 FC matches and have scored 424 runs at an average of 53 with 1 100 and 2 50s.

Have also played 4 odis and have scored 135 runs at an average of 45 with 1 100. Other than the lone hundred I got out for a single digit score everytime.

Currently playing for Yorkshire as a contract player. As a batting all rounder it seems to be easier to progress as this is only my second season, though to be honest it has been my bowling for which I owe that honour.

The batting is really difficult, even on amateur. Unrelenting and unforgiving when the Human player makes a mistake. I'd like to see some attention given by the Dev's towards the leg side LBW. Bowling around the wicket by RH bowlers should absolutely minimise the chance of a LBW due to the angle of delivery. Also challenged a LBW decision only to be shown the ball pitching outside the leg stump, going on to hit the stumps. The out verdict was upheld. Doesn't the laws of cricket state that being hit outside the line of the leg stump is automatically not out?

But great game loving it so far.

Neil W

I play as usual till they block the leg side with Square Leg and Mid Wkt. Then I either play through the off side if there's a gap or block the deliveries. In longer format it's easy to bat as you can take your time and not hit the ball in the air unless there's a gap. IMO real test would come when I play shorter formats coz that's where I faced issues last time round.

Thanks. It was what "as usual" means that I was particularly interested in.

I find myself often getting out when defending, and as things stand I get better results playing shots all the time than I do trying to defend.

So it's really _how_ you're playing that I'm interested in.

Someone please tell me what the almighty tweak just happened. I got a nice edge, caught by the keeper, given out by the umpire, I press X/A to skip through the little animation sequences, and then I'm bowling the next ball, no wicket has been taken, and it's just counted as a dot ball. I took the wicket, the umpire gave it, there was no indication that anything was challenged and it wasn't a no ball. The only thing I can think of is if he didn't edge it, challenged, and it was overturned, but none of that was indicated. I saw the umpire raise his finger, I pressed X/A and then I was bowling the next ball.

Edit - It's just happened again - twice in five minutes! Is it just not indicated if they challenge? Really frustrating if so...

Last edited:
Really enjoying being a bowling all-rounder this time around

Had an enjoyable match against WA in the Ryobi Cup League, took MOTM with all round efforts of 3 weeks and a 59* with my favourite partner in crime, Phil Hughes (he didn't run himself out this time!).

1TRhvTp.jpg

My batting stats are pretty crazy at the moment too I think I'd do any all rounder proud

FC (Batting) 411 runs @ 58.71
List A (Batting) 114 runs @ 57.00

The lad is only young into his career so I'm sure that number will implode over time :lol

Thanks. It was what "as usual" means that I was particularly interested in.

I find myself often getting out when defending, and as things stand I get better results playing shots all the time than I do trying to defend.

So it's really _how_ you're playing that I'm interested in.

I edged behind a couple of times while defending yesterday for the first time. If the mode of dismissal persists, will need a new plan. But so far things have gone ok as I average 49 in FC cricket after 6 or 7 games (1 100 and 3 50s), and 38 after 7 List A games (1 100). However, I tend to get out a lot in 30s and 40s.

scored my 2nd t20 100 of just 22 balls.
still batting on 100

I edged behind a couple of times while defending yesterday for the first time. If the mode of dismissal persists, will need a new plan. But so far things have gone ok as I average 49 in FC cricket after 6 or 7 games (1 100 and 3 50s), and 38 after 7 List A games (1 100). However, I tend to get out a lot in 30s and 40s.

Kept happening to me when I started as well. Pretty frustrating initially.

Update on my career player... Average 53 in English T20 after 7 games. My motto is to screw the team and play for the average :D So far have two unbeaten 50s with a high score of 70*

Just had my best innings yet: 203 off 46 deliveries in a 40 over game. FUN. Thank goodness for lower difficulty levels in career. :-)

When I start mine on PC, I'll definitely be playing it LOW to begin with!

Users who are viewing this thread