How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
ya defense is certainly a viable option now. but i left more deliveries(as in didnt press anything) than i defended in this one, i didnt want to give the slightest chance anything not coming to my stumps i kept leaving.
True, but leaving the ball outside off can still be a risk as shown here...

I play on Pro and thanks to the patch I finally got some runs. I sometimes field, but it increases the time of a game by too much.

So were you having a lot of trouble getting runs on Pro before the patch? Maybe I'll give Pro another chance at some point but then again the difficulty increases during a career anyway doesn't it?

Just scored my quickest half century with my career player of 15 balls against Australia on veteran difficulty. :D

Attachments

• DSC_0748.JPG
    DSC_0748.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 10
Just took my 400th career wicket! Happy with that! I'm not far away from 4000 career runs either now!

A little quick fire from my brute opening career boy in pro difficulty,

Loved this innings as I was able to score in all the directions. With this being the 11th OD innings for my boy in first season, I am yet to get those magical 3 figures - Currently on 390 runs with average of 35 and 4 50s. Am forfeiting most of the FC matches in first season as I wanted to focus only on OD/T20s for first 2 seasons.

Only frustration at this time is, spinners come and open the new ball against me & they get me out within first 10 overs most of the times. :noway

Well, loving this game and my long weekend with DBC14!

i am horrible at bowling , any suggestion or tips.
1. I Bowl at full pace or slower ones with medium fast bowlers.
2. Always try to bowl variations in line and length.
3. Don't bowl too much short pitched stuff.
4. Keep the field attacking initially.
5. Full pitched off/leg cutters work for me.

Just got my second ever six-for, ripping through the Middlesex batting order. I was just talking to someone earlier about how I don't get many wickets clean bowled any more, but this time 5 of the 6 sent the bails flying, the batsmen unable to cope with my pace and swing with the new ball. I've taken 6-11 before (this was 6-29), but this was by far my best ever spell of bowling.

Just got my second ever six-for, ripping through the Middlesex batting order. I was just talking to someone earlier about how I don't get many wickets clean bowled any more, but this time 5 of the 6 sent the bails flying, the batsmen unable to cope with my pace and swing with the new ball. I've taken 6-11 before (this was 6-29), but this was by far my best ever spell of bowling.

Just followed it up with this beauty in the second innings for my 300th first class wicket! I've never got the ball swinging like this before - delightful stuff! :D

image.png

...and the game just crashed...

PandaTantrum.gif

Well, there goes my first ever shot at 10 wickets in a match. I had 9 of them.

Last edited:
...and the game just crashed...

Well, there goes my first ever shot at 10 wickets in a match. I had 9 of them.

Managed to get up to 9 again on the restart (I'd saved after the 7th fortunately, because it was my 300th in first class) - but despite being my best match figures to date, I was rather annoyed when the commentator said I'd missed an LBW appeal with my penultimate ball that would have given me a 10th. It sounded like he'd edged it to me though, so it didn't even occur to me. Oh well, 9-66 in a match is a personal best so I have to be happy, particularly so because 7 of them were clean bowled.

Just comparing my stats now to how they were a few seasons ago - it's funny that I'm still on the same helmet rating, haha!

image.png

Untitled.png

Users who are viewing this thread