How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I like more of a challenge, which is why I started out on legend. I want to feel like when I get picked for England that I actually get picked for England. Hell I was elated when my status for Big Bash league went to "Fair way off"

dhaliwalmanvir

School Cricketer
Yup just been selected for India T20 side in my 1st season on Pro Difficulty. I think lots of runs and quite a few MOM awards will make it sooner than later.
Do you think If i should restart my career bcause it will be really hard to improve my average now because i have already played so many games.

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Before patch I was struggling in internationals on pro but doin very well domestically, since the patch as internationals are on amateur I'm doin a lot better, but not as easy as it was. I think its a fair balance ATM with blocking safer and shots less in the air, but with edges more frequent, and a good variety of different edges too. When I'm bowling I have a set field I made a long time ago, no slips or gully, and in the last few games I've had a few go to gully, its great now even when I forget to put a gully in and end up calling the tv all sorts of umprintable expletives!!

nightprowler10

Executive member
your batting partner does love knocking the last ball of the over for 1 don't they?

I had this last night. I play for NSW Blues in the Shield and I put up a partnership with O'Keefe. I was at 29 when he came in but he got his 50 before I did at a worse strike rate because he kept hogging the strike.

kushari

International Coach
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Do you think If i should restart my career bcause it will be really hard to improve my average now because i have already played so many games.

Look it varies from Person to person. In my modest view, starting from Pro and then move on to Veteran and finally to Legend gives you both, Challenge of surviving as well as happiness of scoring few runs from time to time. What starting will Pro will do is, iron out any technical deficiencies you may have by the time you reach Veteran and Legend Difficulty. Moreover, don't forget to play better your Career Player need to have sufficient skill to negotiate the more challenging bowling, so if you start on Pro, by the time you reach Veteran & Legend difficulty, your career player skill should be good enough to negotiate the Legend level bowling. But again, if you don't mind & don't get frustrated scoring only few runs on higher difficulties and have patience to wait long enough for getting your 1st International call, then you may start on Veteran or Legend mode too.

Chaudhary

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Look it varies from Person to person. In my modest view, starting from Pro and then move on to Veteran and finally to Legend gives you both, Challenge of surviving as well as happiness of scoring few runs from time to time. What starting will Pro will do is, iron out any technical deficiencies you may have by the time you reach Veteran and Legend Difficulty. Moreover, don't forget to play better your Career Player need to have sufficient skill to negotiate the more challenging bowling, so if you start on Pro, by the time you reach Veteran & Legend difficulty, your career player skill should be good enough to negotiate the Legend level bowling. But again, if you don't mind & don't get frustrated scoring only few runs on higher difficulties and have patience to wait long enough for getting your 1st International call, then you may start on Veteran or Legend mode too.
I started at veteran, Struggled a lot in my first season and starting of my second season, but now things are looking bright.
i was averaging in mid 20s in my first season in FC, now after scoring few hundreds and playing few not out innings, i have finally reached 50+(close to the end of my second season).

dhaliwalmanvir

School Cricketer
I am already playing Pro level have couuple of Mom and couple of good batting innings as well. My average is around 29 and 26 in Frist class and odi. But I havent got any call from international yet. So i was wondering what is your first class avg when u got selected in national team

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Finally scored a 50 in career game but was not a happy innings, it was more like "Maybe I will get a nick of this ball" throughout...To be clear not ENJOYING the game after this patch...

kushari

International Coach
I am already playing Pro level have couuple of Mom and couple of good batting innings as well. My average is around 29 and 26 in Frist class and odi. But I havent got any call from international yet. So i was wondering what is your first class avg when u got selected in national team

89 FC Average on Pro Difficulty

Chaudhary

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
89 FC Average on Pro Difficulty
:clap its not about average IMO , i was averaging 47 In FC when i got selected for International Tests.
You have to put some good performances in comings games and gain career points and skill points, don't get disheartened you will get there.
please share your selection status for Internationals

kushari

International Coach
Oh wow, How u managed to get 89. Thats amazing

Frankly speaking, I found batting on Pro Difficulty rather easy. Before the recent update, bowlers were bowling 80% of the deliveries on either Stump or towards Leg Side, and I am very comfortable playing on leg side. I only get out due to my loosing concentration (not because of any lethal bowling from AI). But all these have now changed, as now AI are bowling more towards Offside, so I am now finding it more challenging and satisfying both.

Edit : The reason for my opting to start my career on Pro was, 1) I didn't expected it to be so easy. 2) I wanted to be selected for National Team ASAP.

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Something is seriously amiss with this latest patch, my average has gone down from 27 to 9 in one season, and every wicket bar 2 for the entire year was caught behind. Think we need some edge probability tweaking, or if it was changed, restored back to how it was.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Something is seriously amiss with this latest patch, my average has gone down from 27 to 9 in one season, and every wicket bar 2 for the entire year was caught behind. Think we need some edge probability tweaking, or if it was changed, restored back to how it was.
I think the edge probability has been reduced for defense shots and increased for normal shots.....

Mahesh Singh

Club Cricketer

Yup, thats correct. The edge probability has definitely been pushed upwards. Before the patch my last five scores in career on pro were 61, 48, 13, 0, 50; after the patch it has been 0, 0, 12, 8, 26. Getting out nicking the ball behind 90% of the time to shots that earlier I used to time pretty well. I also feel that taking wickets now is tougher than it was before. The AI is quite content to let me have maiden overs again and again, but they just dont make as many mistakes as they used to previously :rolleyes Would be nice if we could get our mates @HBK619 , @fiction to weigh in on this :) Frankly, I liked it a bit more as it was previously, but i dont think this change is set in stone - they would get down to tweaking it further sooner or later :cheers

Users who are viewing this thread