How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Inconclusive.

I started a new career yesterday with strength as "Off side" and so far it's working out well. Have scored 2 50s and a 100 in the first 4 FC matches and have one 50 after playing 3 List A games.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
I started a new career yesterday with strength as "Off side" and so far it's working out well. Have scored 2 50s and a 100 in the first 4 FC matches and have one 50 after playing 3 List A games.
How many off side shots in those innings??

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
How many off side shots in those innings??

I would say around 20% or thereabouts. I still play mostly to the leg but when AI puts fielders on the leg side and leave off side vacant, I play my shots to the off and get plenty of 2s, 3s & 4s. So far I only have two edges to the wkt keeper - one off a spinner (driving to the off side) and one off a pacer (cutting a ball to 3rd man).

nkarthikn78

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
:cheers Scored my career best 231*(296). with bowling fig. of 14 for 11.:cheers

Double_ton.jpg

dharish

School Cricketer
@funnyadit .. do u think Veteran is easier in Career compared to playing Tours and stuff? I am far comfortable playing career and scoring big ones compared to playing as India.. The reason is - I average 50s in test and ODI & 30s in T20s.. but struggle with my offside play as far as playing for Teams (Tours, competitions..) Lots of edges during that time..

Not sure if my concentration is better in Career?

@BigAntStudios Ross can be probably comment?

Wyndo7

Club Cricketer
Career Player - Batting All-Rounder
Team - England
Bats At 4

First Test match as the new England captain in my 2nd season (started at 26 years old), lost the toss against South Africa and sent in to bat.

Come in at 4, with the team at 2/60odd. Quick 50 partnership with Bell before he holes out against Peterson. Enter Gary Ballance. 250+ runs later, Ballance is dismissed for 149, and I continue on my way to 190 (212), my best FC score. Declare at 9/552 shortly after Lunch on Day 2.

Bowled SA out for 220odd, and enforced the follow-on with 20 overs left in Day 2. I took 4 wickets with my off-spin.

SA then go nuts, massive partnerships from Smith/Petersen, Amla/Petersen, Amla/de Villiers and de Villiers/Philander see them bat for 138 overs and post 560 on the board, leaving England 215 for the win with a day and a bit remaining.

Cook is dismissed in the first over, and wickets fall steadily. I battle my way to 38 (62) before Morne Morkel knocks my leg stump out of the ground when I attempted to glance it to fine leg. Stuart Broad tried his best to bring home the game, but Steven Finn was dismissed for a duck just 10 runs off victory.

I was awarded MOTM in a losing side for my 228 runs for the match and 9 wickets (4 in the first, 5 in the second).

So my first game as captain, and we become just the 4th team in history to lose after enforcing the follow-on.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
@funnyadit .. do u think Veteran is easier in Career compared to playing Tours and stuff? I am far comfortable playing career and scoring big ones compared to playing as India.. The reason is - I average 50s in test and ODI & 30s in T20s.. but struggle with my offside play as far as playing for Teams (Tours, competitions..) Lots of edges during that time..

Not sure if my concentration is better in Career?
As far as playing off side is concerned I cannot comment but as far as remaining shots and batting is concerned I find Legend challenging ,so have not even tried veteran and career or tour or even casual matches I play are Legend level as well....As far as easy in career or tour is concerned I think you play well at career because you have to put your full concentration on your batting and bowling only but when you play as a team you need to build a foundation with the opening partnership and then have to balance out playing the full allotted overs, so your concentration might become challenging, so either you can slow down and build again or lose a series of wickets if you get frustrated with the loss of a settled batsman , totally depends on your mental approach to the gameplay of the player....

js78955

School Cricketer
Hi im so excited to share my double hundred (first hundred and first double hundred as well) in career mode as a batsman after spending alot of time on practice

scored 223 in 71 balls
highest six distance was 105m :P

im going master in on-side all runs on on-side

1feh75.jpg

a17s0j.jpg

love the game and hope my career will break all records

i have 211 strike rate in my first class career with 40 average :)

Vans

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Rookie? Amateur? Your career @js78955 ? Why only on leg side bud? See your score and the team score was done in only 23 overs.

No offence mate but you'll love Stick Cricket lol.

You should give yourself a challenge and play on a more difficult level. Try score a beautiful wagon wheel with shots all round the park.

People that post a 160 ball century I love. That an achievement on a difficult level

VampyreSquirrel

Club Captain
I tend to play all around the park lately, also depends on the field settings... but I normally try to force the AI to change their fields. I have been scoring pretty well lately making 50's quite regularly, with the odd bad innings from time to time, which I don't mind.

My batting form seems to be directly proportional to my frame of mind :p

js78955

School Cricketer
Rookie? Amateur? Your career @js78955 ? Why only on leg side bud? See your score and the team score was done in only 23 overs.

No offence mate but you'll love Stick Cricket lol.

You should give yourself a challenge and play on a more difficult level. Try score a beautiful wagon wheel with shots all round the park.

People that post a 160 ball century I love. That an achievement on a difficult level
i started new career mode with amateur difficulty
im scoring on leg side because there are very less fielders and also even if the ball on off side he can hit in leg side but when ball is on leg side and you try to hit on off side you get bold or lbw so leg side provide you good runs and i check the fielding
if they put player on long on i hit in mid on or square if they put square i hit mid on if they put on deep mid i hit on square on straight :D

i will start playing on off side as my on skill are almost going to be full in two days as my straight bat and front foot is already full skills :)

yea whynot stick cricket cus i dont like boring cricket i like boundaries that what im doing

nkarthikn78

Club Cricketer
:cheers Won ipl T20 Cup as CSK Captain.It was onesided in the end.
but the semi final against RCB(179/5) was tough.came in to bat when asking rate is 12 an over,scored an unbeaten 87 to won the match.:thumbs

ipl_cup.jpg

Final Vs KKR.
ipl_cup_motm.jpg

js78955

School Cricketer
scored 134 (48) with 14 sixes and got run out but due to my runs Chennai super kings won the match :)

vxiwwl.jpg

VampyreSquirrel

Club Captain
Wickets in the longer formats seem to be even harder to come by in career mode (playing on Pro). I've seen many people complaining about the same thing I've found, which is you can beat a batsman over and over again, but put a ball on the stumps (or SLIGHTLY outside off) and you'll disappear over the slips/3rd man for 4/6, or they'll play it over square leg for 4/6, or just block it outright, and it also doesn't matter if they've just walked to the crease or not. I'll slog it out over after over and not get a wicket, then 3 wickets will drop during simulation, bowl to new batsman (tailender) and he'll play like Tendulkar on a good day.

js78955

School Cricketer
yea tailenders always score half century and openers scores very less in simulation

Users who are viewing this thread