How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Question about career mode - is there anyway to know what level am im currently playing on in career mode ? I started it a while back and cant remember whether I started at pro or veteran :P Any telling signs to confirm either ?

When I enabled bowling dials .. the green cone area is very small. So must be veteran, right ? or Pro ?

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Question about career mode - is there anyway to know what level am im currently playing on in career mode ? I started it a while back and cant remember whether I started at pro or veteran :P Any telling signs to confirm either ?

When I enabled bowling dials .. the green cone area is very small. So must be veteran, right ? or Pro ?

Go to the practice nets by pressing L2 at the screen where you select the next match in career mode. Once you hit the nets you will see the level you are currently at.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Go to the practice nets by pressing L2 at the screen where you select the next match in career mode. Once you hit the nets you will see the level you are currently at.

Just what I needed. Thanks a lot :)

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
:cheers Won ipl T20 Cup as CSK Captain.It was onesided in the end.
but the semi final against RCB(179/5) was tough.came in to bat when asking rate is 12 an over,scored an unbeaten 87 to won the match.:thumbs

ipl_cup.jpg

Final Vs KKR.
ipl_cup_motm.jpg

Since when were the Super Kings sponsored by Old Speckled Hen!? :p

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Yeah it's just for the PC version. There was talk of bringing mods over to the console version at one stage.

autocrat

School Cricketer
Last night's P40 game was utterly typical for me. Batting at #4, Pro mode. Still have a 1 on my helmet (Do.Not.Ask). Anyway, was tooling along on 34*, at a bit better than a run a ball. Batting very well, I thought. So well, I might lob the next ball for six over mid-on's head.

No prizes for guessing.

VampyreSquirrel

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
My county side's top order falls quickly, I usually come in at 20-80/3, bat alright, then the tail enders save us a little. Only county side with very decent openers is Sussex.

chrisjohnson93

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
In Australia Phil Hughes seems to get a lot of runs when in my previous career I went over and played for the Tasmanian Tigers

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I bat No3 for Yorkshire in my current career and Alex Lees and Adam Lyth regularly post decent opening partnerships, probably averaging 70 in first class, which isn't that far out considering the season they've just had. Also I have enjoyed several 50/100+ partenerships with either of them as well as a 200+ with Joe Root! The only thing that usually grates me a bit is they tend to score at a run a ball which isn't really realistic generally in four day cricket, especially when majority if the runs are aerial shots for 4/6. Still very happy overall with the way the career mode plays.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I bat No3 for Yorkshire in my current career and Alex Lees and Adam Lyth regularly post decent opening partnerships, probably averaging 70 in first class, which isn't that far out considering the season they've just had. Also I have enjoyed several 50/100+ partenerships with either of them as well as a 200+ with Joe Root! The only thing that usually grates me a bit is they tend to score at a run a ball which isn't really realistic generally in four day cricket, especially when majority if the runs are aerial shots for 4/6. Still very happy overall with the way the career mode plays.

That's what needs to be fixed. AI batsmen play too many lofted shots, irrespective of match type and situation. You are as likely to see an AI opener loft the ball over mid off or mid on off the first over of a Test match as you are likely to see AI batsman block 3 balls of the last over of a T20. But despite these glitches, DBC 14 is the best cricket game out there and the career mode is a "must-play" experience for any cricket gaming fan.

Though I've said it plenty of times before but have to say it again... Kudos to Big Ant team for making such a wonderful cricket game where you listened to cricket fans. Thank you guys. Time to ping @BigAntStudios (Ross), @HBK619, @mikeymerren (Mike) and @fiction

VampyreSquirrel

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Oh jeez, forgot about those two from Yorkshire... thorns in my side!

Users who are viewing this thread