How are you doing in your career?

What did you choose for your career player?

• Total voters
  • I got the game yesterday!! Downloaded get best teams and ranji teams. Set my base team as Karnataka and country as India. Career player as batsmen. And position is no.2. I chose bowling as medium pace.
  • I tried the nets before playing the game and didn't touch even a single ball.
  • So, I didn't play my first match in career and went back and played 5 overs casual mode.
  • First two games were horrible. I didn't know understand the controller settings and hardly touched a ball. When I went to Bowling, I couldn't bowl. The bowler ran till the crease and stopped.
  • But in the third game, it was better. I understood little bit on how to play. Scored just 15 runs in 5 overs for 6 wickets and I bowled just an over and the opposition scored 16 runs off it. I still can't touch all balls or bowl every ball without stopping.
  • So, today I am gonna practice a bit more in casual mode and then head back to the career.
  • I am a horrible player right now. *sigh*

• I got the game yesterday!! Downloaded get best teams and ranji teams. Set my base team as Karnataka and country as India. Career player as batsmen. And position is no.2. I chose bowling as medium pace.
  • So, I didn't play my first match in career and went back and played 5 overs casual mode.
  • First two games were horrible. I didn't know understand the controller settings and hardly touched a ball. When I went to Bowling, I couldn't bowl. The bowler ran till the crease and stopped.
  • But in the third game, it was better. I understood little bit on how to play. Scored just 15 runs in 5 overs for 6 wickets and I bowled just an over and the opposition scored 16 runs off it. I still can't touch all balls or bowl every ball without stopping.
  • So, today I am gonna practice a bit more in casual mode and then head back to the career.
Well, thats how it starts with every new game I guess :) And in DBC its very common. The controls are completely changed from previous cricket games and that is the best part. Good Luck

How do you do that? I play on the xbox, and had to replace team by team, in the English league, before I could have the entire group. Is there a simpler way?

Well, thats how it starts with every new game I guess :) And in DBC its very common. The controls are completely changed from previous cricket games and that is the best part. Good Luck
Thank you. I tried to play in pro mode. But it was very difficult. So, I stated again with Amateur and I averaged just 19 in first 7 matches. But in the 8th match I scored century in both the innings and my average went upto 30. But my team lost anyway.

How do you do that? I play on the xbox, and had to replace team by team, in the English league, before I could have the entire group. Is there a simpler way?

No. As far as I know, there is no simpler way than this.

Haven't posted in a while but just finished the English T20 Cup playing for Kent (amateur difficulty) where we got through to the quarter-finals but lost to Hampshire in a very close game. I got 47 but was caught at long off trying to hit the shot over extra cover off Matt Coles (who plays for Kent this year and not Hampshire).

After that game, I was appointed captain of the England T20 side and we beat Australia in the 2nd T20I (pro difficulty) to go 2-0 up (if I recall correctly) where I got 27 and was bowled by Shane Watson trying to clip a ball off my legs but I got 5-13 when AUS were batting to secure the win.

The online leaderboards don't really matter to anyone, I wouldn't worry too much about it... Fully expect them to disappear in the sequel.

Well. I am halfway through the second season. I average around 25 in T20, 40 in Tests, 45 in pro40. Playing in amateur mode.
And my selection status is getting attention in australian 50 over cup, fair way off for couple of other teams. And No Chance for Indian Test and T20 squad.

Shhhhhh... You had me at "GuyIncognito94"

After the T20I series vs AUS, we went to tour Pakistan :pak: for 3 ODIs and 3 T20Is, which we (England :eng:) won both series. Can't remember many of the individual scores but I took a few wickets and highest score in both formats was only about 23 in a T20I. Finally, some test matches at home against India in a 3 test series. Played the first match already which India won. I top scored in ENG's 1st inns with 57 (got out LBW to a Ravi Ashwin quicker topspinner) and then took 4-19 but India :ind: still had an lead of about 34. 2nd inns, I did a little bit better and scored 61 (before trying to late cut Pragyan Ohga but nicking behind to MSD). Took a couple of wickets in the final innings but I think Rohit Sharma and MSD batted well and got to the required total. 2nd match is still in play. More updates soon hopefully :)

My selection status just changed to "Good Chance" in Australian 50 over cup. So, I guess I am close to being selected there.

3 test match series vs India and India won all 3 but I did come out top on wicket takers and my couple of 50s in the 2nd test (despite scoring <20 in each inns of 1st test and failing again in 3rd test) meant that I had averaged around 25 for the series. The 3 match ODI series however went very much England's way with us winning I think all 3 matches with the first 2 being low scoring nail-biters with wickets falling left, right and centre and the last one, we [:eng:] scored 300+ and knocked over India for less than 200. The 3 match T20I series was a more close series with India winning 2-1.

Next series is a 3 match test series vs New Zealand. 1st test I have already played and we hammered the Kiwis. First inns, I scored 27 as England made 428 (Gary Ballance got 100+). NZ's first inns however, Hamish Rutherford and Brendan McCullum both scored tons to give New Zealand a slim lead of 21 runs going into the 3rd inns after I took 7-for. I made 57 and was out 20 mins before the close on day 3. Most of day 4 saw Chris Jordan go on to score 100+ and also James Tredwell scoring over 60 to set NZ a target of over 350... we bowled them all out for less than 200 with me taking 6-for and finishing it off within 5 overs of the final day.

Users who are viewing this thread