How can England win the 2009 Ashes?

CoolzEng45

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I think England will won ashes 2009 because we had plenty good young player like as adi rasid , joe denly , ravi bopera and more player ect , i know aussie had good player as well but i prefer england won it ashes 2009 !

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
England always dream of winning Ashes. They cannot beat India how can they beat Aussies??? Go on dream on......

Sureshot

Executive member
If you go into a test series with anything other than dreams/ambitions of winning in then you're in the wrong sport, infact you shouldn't be a sportsman at all.

Animator!

School Cricketer
I think we'll have a fair good chance in 2009. We have a young side that's really developing, the best asset of youth is there won't be a hangover from a lot of these players from the last disasterous campaign. The asset of youth is a lack of fear.

Sureshot

Executive member
I think our attitude was awful in Australia, I just can't see that happening under Moores, he seems to have gotten everyones head screwed on.

Animator!

School Cricketer
We had a lot of problems in Australia. I can't ever see it being easy for a side to tour with an injured captain, have him pull out, then see the man who everyone expected the job to go to get looked over for Flintoff. I personally think that was the decision which has broken Strauss as a player, his confidence in the side has never been the same. The spirit in the side wasn't very good either, you could just tell, half of them didn't really want to be there most the time. We went into it all wrong. We need to take the lessons we learned on how to play and beat the aussies from 2005 and use them.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
I think by then all Aussies would have retired as they are all above 35 mark. England who are at 26 mark will be at right age to knock them off.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
yeah our attitude was most definately terrible especially if what Fletcher said about captain fred turning up hammered was true.

I think now we're a side in transition trying to get younger players to come through, and it will be too early but I reckon Bell,Pietersen and Cook all have so much potential/brilliance that come 09 they could be some of the top 10 batsmen in the world. Their the main reasons I give us a chance, and the fact I reckon Broad could be the best bowler ever as much as my love should be gone, it still lingers :p For me Moores has still got to win me over as he's had some pretty dissapointing moments so far but he's definitely got some better things than Duncan Fletcher like not having bloody favourites and we look a much better ODI outfit. We could have moved up to challenging for top spot in that too I reckon given our win in Sri Lanka, one of the hardest places to go. One thing that won't happen with Moores is another 5-0

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
I don't gey why coaches get blamed so much, we lost 5-0 because we played crap. No excuses.

Fletcher was there in 2005 we didn't lose because our players played like real cricketers. Oh suprise suprise he was there for 2006 to but we lost 5-0 because we played crap simple as that.

Sure injuries etc didn't help us but we should stop slagging the coach.

Animator!

School Cricketer
Why do managers get sacked when the players play poorly in football? Exact same reasons.

Sureshot

Executive member
The coach has ultimate responsibility for the teams performance, like Animators example in football.

Fletcher made some decisions which defied belief, like playing someone who hadn't played cricket in nigh on a year. Moores gives the players a whole new mental approach, the players seem happier, they seem to enjoy it more.

Users who are viewing this thread