Your Cricket How difficult is it to score 20 runs to win a match

Headingley 1981. Terry Alderman strides to the middle to join Ray Bright for the Australian last wicket stand. Needing 20 runs to win the match, Terry may have made an error of judgement by wearing a white coloured helmet. Not the usual green colour that can strike fear into the hearts of the opposition. It must have looked like waving a white flag of surrender to the English bowlers!
20 runs....one wicket. Ok, Bob Willis was steaming in from the Kirkstall Lane end like a man possessed. And the savvy Mike Brearley had brought Botham into the attack at the other end....but 20 runs! C'mon. And Chris Old dropped Terry twice in one over fielding at slip, Then a snorter of a full length ball from Willis uproots Brights middle peg and the game is Englands.
I think it was the final nail in the coffin for Kim Hughes as Aussie captain too.
This wonderful game of cricket that I love was the winner on that day.

I T Botham 149 no
R G D Willis 8 for 43

Last edited:

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
It's impossible in certain situations. Like if you only have one ball left in the match. Unless you're playing against a bowling attack of Asif and Amir and they've got money on you to win.

PtvSports

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
It's impossible in certain situations. Like if you only have one ball left in the match. Unless you're playing against a bowling attack of Asif and Amir and they've got money on you to win.

enlist seri santh indian bowler he recently did spot fixing in IPL

D

Dutch

Well buckle my broccoli....there are some strange threads in the depths of PC but this is right up there......................

Users who are viewing this thread