How I Play Cricket

T20

Panel of Selectors
School days: Played mainly as a Opener/1 down. Was able to hang around for long so always a prized wicket :P Bowled medium fast but not regularly.
College days: Took interest in fast bowling so moved down the order. Once in a trial game took 5 wickets in one over :lol: Well wicket was not exactly batsman friendly but you still have to bowl in the right spot ;)
Present: Fast/Medium bowler and aggressive bat low down the order. Couple of years back was bowling allout fast (lee/shoaib mode) but now focus on line, length, change of pace.
Style:
Bowling - Right arm Fast/Medium (mix of Flintoff/McGrath/Kallis)
Batting - Right hand Aggressive (Bit like right handed Klusener :D)
Fav. Field Position - Covers.

Moments of glory - (school)a blinder in 1st slip - catch popped thru keepers fingers, dived to catch it one handed behind him, (college) 5 wickets in one over - 4 bowled, an outrageous one handed catch on the long off boundry in a college game - ball was behind me when caught about to go for a 6 :o

:)

K

killa_stiky2002

I moved it to cricket chat forum.
Here's mine from my profile:

My Cricket Stats (In real life)

Debut: 1996

Major Teams: Convent Primary School Team, Dominica Grammar School Under-16 Team, various community teams.

Home International Team: West Indies

Favourite International Teams: South Africa & New Zealand

Most Feared Team: Sri Lanka.

Favourite Batsmen: Shiv Chanderpaul & Carlton Baugh.

Favourite Bowlers: Shane Bond & Shawn Pollock

Batting Style: Right (Left when slightly injured)

Bowling Style: Right Arm Fast, Right Arm Leg Break, Right Arm Off Break, Right Arm Medium, and Slow Left Arm.
Also Substitute Wicket keeper.

Batting Stats:
>> Highest Score: 104*
>> Average: 49.63

Bowling Stats:
>> Best Bowling: 6-20
>> Average: 8.71
>> Wickets: 117

Favourite Fielding Positions:
1) Mid-on
2) Point
3) Mid-Wicket/Square-leg
4) Long-off

Regarded as one of the best fieldsmen in D.G.S. and was the best in previous teams. Has taken spectacular catches for a 14-yr-old and has ridiculously safe hands. Is known for a professional-looking batting technique which resembles Brian Lara and Shiv Chanderpaul. Is also known for ability to bat through-out the innings, which has put on his record, "For every 4 innings, he gets out once"

-Favourite batting position is # 5.

-Has scored most runs at #8 (said to feel most free to swing)

-Has openned in the past but does not enjoy it much.

**R.A. Fast Bowling action is said to be a mixture of J.Kallis (saf), A.Bichel (aus), S.Pollock (saf)G.McGrath (aus).

S

sonic

School days: medium-fast bowler...I was the opening bowler for my school, Ashdown Secondary...best figures of
8-95...record wickets in a season was in year 9 (aged 14) taking 35 wickets at an average of 19.66 (out of 10 games). My batting was somethnig else though...I was last in and my highest score at school level was 45...my ave was around 6 (about as good as glen McGrath :D ).

Dorset U16's: I played 20 times at junior county level from the age of 14-16, with a bowling average of 24.40...taking 48 wickets...my batting was a bit better at junior county level, I got my first half century with a top score of 66 against Hampshire U16's with a batting ave of 14.65

Dorset U18's: I played in two full season's at U18 level featuring in all 20 matches while still studying at college, I was now faster than before, about the speed that James Anderson comes in at...I took 33 wickets at an average of 23.85. I batted at 9th in the order and averaged 12.18, my top score was 38 at this level

Dorset County Level: I have played 15 times for Dorset in the minor counties championship, taking 32 wickets at an average of 21.25, batting at number 9 with an average of 11.25 my top score is 34.

I have twice had trials with Hampshire during summer recruitments but didn't get offered academy forms.

T20

Panel of Selectors
looks like you had some good cricketing years sonic :up:

Master Morgoth

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
My profile's not much...I'm just 13+

Finest moment...pulled off a full stretch diving catch in the outfield...

Scored 38 in 6 overs...thrashed ritwik all over the place!! :up:

bowling..well...I keep taking wickets every now and then..(medium fast)

o yeah...just one day I decided to keep wickets...and pulled off...4 stumpings in a match!! :scribbller:

R

radaga

Here's my cricketing proflie:

Name: Tim Macdonald

Debut: 1998 for Berwick Under 9's

Batting Style: RH Lower Order, Aggresive

Bowling Style: RH Fast, Opener, Aggresive

Games Played: 125

Grand Finals: 3 (won 2 lost 1)

Batting Average: 40.33

Total Runs: (i dont know :lol: )

Bowling Average: 6.50

Total Wickets: 234

Other Teams played for: Berwick from under 9's till now which is under 14's, Aura Vale seniors, Berwick seniors, DDCA (rep team) for under 12's and under 14's.

there we go that is about all :lol:

J

jonah

School days;
Captained 4th then 5th year sides. Opening bat, gentle (VERY gentle offspin).
Post School days;
Middle order, offspin got even more gentle...and in fact, refused to spin.
Nowadays;
Top quality armchair critic; average PC cricket player.

Career (!) highlight;
throwing down the stumps from a side on angle to run out my year head in a pupil v teacher match.

Career lowpoint;
Getting caught and bowled second ball in the same game :o . The first over was bowled by our PE teacher, and the first ball was the fastest ball I'd ever faced. I heard it (yes heard it, not saw it) whizz past my right ear. I thought I'd take on the second ball. Needless to say it was a mistake, as, trying to pull it to the sq leg boundary, I lobbed it gently back to the bowler. My cricketing career kind of stumbled and went downhill from there :( ...

I put it down to my 'Mike Atherton style' dodgy back ;) .

S

sonic

good work Jonah B) I must say my career lowpoint is rather embarrassing. I hit a shot to mid-off, not much power, started to run up the wicket screaming lots of yes! yes! and no! no! to my mate James Adams at the other end (who now plays for Hampshire) Hampshire 2003 Squad. We both got half way down the track, the bowler then whipped off the bails at his end and tossed the ball straight down to the wickie, and before I even had time to move we had both been run out! Other than that I did once bowl 3 consecutive 4 byes, which was probably more embarrassing for the wickie, but i was rather red faced.

crick4life

International Cricketer
Younger Days :

A very bookish opening batsman and a fast medium bowler. Lead the school and college teams on my way, also was in the academy for couple of years.

High points : Playing alongside or against Gavin Larsen, Paul Hitchcock, Andrew Penn, Rahul Dravid and a few other NZ domestic cricketers. Also scoring 5 centuries in one season was the best form I have ever had.

Low points : Not too many in the early years but have had a terrible season the last one with a high score of only 56* blame it on the dodgy pitches we got because of heavy rain. Also a terrible season the last one in respect of injuries too. Broke a thumb, injured the ring finger, bruised shoulder, bad back you name it I had it. It was a nightmare each training session or a game, never came back without having injured.

Current profile : Still opening batting for a Wellington senior club team, bowling medium pace and at times leg spin. In one game two seasons ago I bowled leg spin on a turner and got 4/14 in 10 overs. From then on I was billed a leggie but I could hardly spin the ball. Now am back to Medium pace bowling.

Embarassing moment : Got ready to get a batting practice, wore all other protective gear (including helmet & inner thigh guard) but for pads and got into the nets waiting for Paul Hitchcock to bowl at me.

T20

Panel of Selectors
good stuff Ravi..must be exciting to play along with intl. players..

S

sonic

Originally posted by Shailesh@Jun 16 2003, 12:14 PM
I wouldn't describe Paul Hitchcock as much as "Internatinoal Class" :D :lol: Just joking! B)

crick4life

International Cricketer
Originally posted by Shailesh@Jun 16 2003, 11:14 AM
Well on the field you dont really see them as one, its just that they are in and out exposed to situations. Infact I think the skills only help you to get to a stage but from then on its only the experience, dedication and mental makeup that gets them there. It indeed is an experience for sure and they are never short of sharing few skills as well ;)

Sonic, fair enough infact there were few reporters asking me how he has managed to get there with that kind of action. I tell ya, he is a great bloke to have around and very witty bowler.

A

Auwais BARTHEZ

Not much I can say as I'm 11.

Bowler:Leg or Off break bowler (RH) moderate
Batsmen:Right hand moderate Lower Order

Best bowling:2/15
Best batting:15*

I play at a club not for a team. ;)

J

jonah

Originally posted by Auwais BARTHEZ@Jun 16 2003, 04:39 PM

:blink: :blink: . I'm feeling older everyday...

S

sonic

Originally posted by jonah@Jun 16 2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Auwais BARTHEZ@Jun 16 2003, 04:39 PM

:blink: :blink: . I'm feeling older everyday...
it is quite scarey isn't it Jonah...I mean even a young thing like myself is more than twice the age of Auwais

Auwais i'm quite glad you said your age, I was going to send you some rude pictures...but as your only 11, it wouldn't be right....oh Jonah, I sent them to you....I think you just about qualify for the age of consent ;)

Users who are viewing this thread