How to choose venues for a tournament?

gogabutt

Club Captain
If I want to play a tournament, let's say 4 teams competition and I want all matches to be played at the venues of my choice within a country. How can I do this? e.g. I want to play the entire tournament in New Zealand i.e Napier, Wellington, Nelson, Auckland etc. Currently, I am getting randomly assigned stadiums all over the world.

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
Is it actually just using random stadiums or is it using the stadiums of the "home" team in the match? (eg. SCG for Aus)

If the second there may be a workaround though it's kind of clunky. You could go into the Academy editor for every team in the contest and set their home stadiums to be the ones you want to use for each match. Obviously you'd need to change them back after you're done with the tournament.

P

PVFCashley

If you go to team manager and set all of them grounds to nz stadiums.you should be able to choose them for the tournament.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Yeah it's not great. You can't set a host for a tournament. It can only be simulated by setting grounds of that country as the home grounds of all the nations participating.

I don't know why they couldn't make a team or country as the host.

Toonga

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Surely this will be rectified in a future patch....its pretty annoying, and seems like an oversight to this point.

sohail

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
i've asked this question to MattW and BigAnt many times but it gets completely ignored, i really hope this can be added in a future patch as little things like this can make the experience even better instead of going into the academy and changing the teams home ground to the venue you want the tournament or competition.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Surely this will be rectified in a future patch....its pretty annoying, and seems like an oversight to this point.

it's exactly the same as it worked in DBC14.

actually there needs to be 2 types of competition, 1 working in this way where it takes the home-team stadium (if e.g. you sent up a competition like the FA cup or champions league in football) and 1 with a nation as host.

Bluebagger

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Tournament creation is utter wang. You can't create groups, you can't set a host nation, you can't play more than 2 round robbins, I'm
Pretty sure you can't even swap out existing teams in the tournaments that are premade.

The more you dig deep in to the game customisation the more barebones the game is

ABHIII

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Home ground selecting is there in DBC 14. It was great to play world series in Australia. I hope BA fixes this too. Much needed.

sohail

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Home ground selecting is there in DBC 14. It was great to play world series in Australia. I hope BA fixes this too. Much needed.

thats different you can only select grounds in tour mode and if you include a competiton then you can assign grounds. what we are talking about it totaly different.

ABHIII

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
thats different you can only select grounds in tour mode and if you include a competiton then you can assign grounds. what we are talking about it totaly different.

You have the option of home ground selecting in team manager in DBC 14. I understand your Point of tournament played in a certain country. That would be a swell.

Undertaker1982

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
In t20 world cup you only play in one country but the computer chooses for you what country

Users who are viewing this thread