Your Cricket How to increase my accuracy

Ussaid

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hello everyone.

I am a left arm seam bowler. I manage to pick up a great pace through my shoulder and run up, but I am facing a very basic and rather embrassing problem; whenever I try not to bend my arm, I lose my line. Any tips?

lion100lion

International Coach
Start by standing and bowling at targets..
Then as you practice, slowly start increasing your run up and gaining pace.

Keep your head straight, don't let your head wobble, run in looking at your target zone.
Sooner, you will see that you are meeting your target zone accurately .

My personal advice to you :- Don't compensate with pace for your accuracy.

Finally,
Just Practice, Practice and Practice...
In the words of a great cricketer " Practice makes a man perfect " " Perfect Practice makes a man perfect"

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
I think you should not give up your pace for attaining accuracy.Everything else other that Pace could be achieved with practice.I am not a seam bowler but heard the coach at academy saying that at young stage try bowl at your maximum pace and accuracy should be considered secondary.
For accuracy try spend more time at nets and get your focus right,also try focus on bowling at specific areas when on nets.

Ussaid

School Cricketer
Thank you for your advises, will defiantly try and bowl at least two overs every day.

But the main problem I think is my nerves. Just some days ago I was bowling at your class's best slogger and he asked the umpire to give attention to my action and see I am not bending my arms. I was so nervous of making a fool out of myself that I moved my arms like crazy just to generate pace and keep my action legal. The first ball was a fast full length delivery that went to the leg side but the guy tried to play it yet missed so it was not a wide. The next ball was a full wide off the leg side that was missing the target by a foot and a half.

Any thoughts? Also, does left arm fasties have an advantage against right handed batsmen?

cricfan11

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
No he mean't if you can swing ball towards them, I guess.

----------

Thank you for your advises, will defiantly try and bowl at least two overs every day.

But the main problem I think is my nerves. Just some days ago I was bowling at your class's best slogger and he asked the umpire to give attention to my action and see I am not bending my arms. I was so nervous of making a fool out of myself that I moved my arms like crazy just to generate pace and keep my action legal. The first ball was a fast full length delivery that went to the leg side but the guy tried to play it yet missed so it was not a wide. The next ball was a full wide off the leg side that was missing the target by a foot and a half.

Any thoughts? Also, does left arm fasties have an advantage against right handed batsmen?

Here is what I what would say, which is just theoretical, for you getting nervous. Although you should never compromise on your pace, but on a match day on first ball of your spell don't try to hit the top speed, start with little bit slower speed, and gradually increase as the over passes by. This way your concentration on your first ball will be just to maintain your line and as the over passes by which will work like a warm up, you can increase your speed, and eventually control both line and speed with confidence. So your 6th ball of the over should be faster than your 1st ball. Also this way the batsmen might start to feel more heat from your pace which will gradually increasing.

I know this might make little sense, but it is tried by me sometimes when I used to bowl more wides.

woosaah

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
i would also say don't give up on your pace, but also when you are starting out just warm up first. get your accuracy in and practice.

For helping with your accuracy in the nets i would start by bowling in the nets with some boots at the other end, just so you know where the batsman starts. from there you have an idea where the batsman is. Also i would have an object like a hula hoop or a piece of material or something where you want to aim the ball on the pitch. remember your not bowling at the batsman or bowling at the stumps, if your a pace bowler you want to bowl into the pitch.

also at delivery stride you want to go through the crease, meaning as you bowl you want all your momentum pushing towards the batsman.

thats my thoughts anyway without seeing anything

SWITCHHIT

Club Cricketer
ya i meant if you can swing the ball into them, should have been more specific.

Left handed batsmen are very hard to bowl and one thing.A left handed batsman will never face any sort of problem with an inswinger as they can easily flick it in any direction.The biggest threat to left handers is outswinger.For help in bowling against them look at zaheer khan's bowling(in his early days or in cwc 11).the ball just pitched in front of off stump and just changes its direction which was very hard to judge.And variation is much much needed in bowling because if you bowl 6 yorkers in an over,batsman will easily handle you.I am saying all these things as i am also a left-handed batsman......

Parmesh killer

Club Captain
Try bowling as fast as you can on stumps. Practice daily. Always look strait while releasing the ball. Don't hold the ball too tightly or loosely. If your accuracy still doesn't improves, try working on your runup and bowling action with your coach.

Ussaid

School Cricketer
Thank you for your words. I bowled today with these tricks in mind and I did improve.

Users who are viewing this thread