Story How to play short balls on ashes cricket

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I would love to hear some inputs. I struggle against the short pitched bowling against pace and spin alike.

Skankhunt 42

Banned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
To be honest, we have pretty little time to react against short pitched quality pace bowling. It's even more less if you increase pace bowling slider under physics modifiers.
What I do here is, I try to rely heavily on pre-meditation. Also to me, It's easier to change backfoot stance to front foot stance in a jiffy so while pre-meditating, I always take my guard backfoot and deep on crease.

rasdan

Club Captain
To be honest, we have pretty little time to react against short pitched quality pace bowling. It's even more less if you increase pace bowling slider under physics modifiers.
What I do here is, I try to rely heavily on pre-meditation. Also to me, It's easier to change backfoot stance to front foot stance in a jiffy so while pre-meditating, I always take my guard backfoot and deep on crease.

i am shocking at playing short balls,well any ball for that matter!what is the best way to go for someone as poor as me at batting?standard or classic?best camera view?would greatly appreciate any feedback guys thanks

D

Dutch

i am shocking at playing short balls,well any ball for that matter!what is the best way to go for someone as poor as me at batting?standard or classic?best camera view?would greatly appreciate any feedback guys thanks
Everyone has unfortunately their own preference so each one will ahve to find that out but genrally you ahve more time than you think......also use the sliders for pace to slow it down a bit and nudge it up in steps.....get on the practice field and have them bowl only short balls and get in the groove.....its all about rhythm, not snapping too early or too late at the shot

rasdan

Club Captain
Everyone has unfortunately their own preference so each one will ahve to find that out but genrally you ahve more time than you think......also use the sliders for pace to slow it down a bit and nudge it up in steps.....get on the practice field and have them bowl only short balls and get in the groove.....its all about rhythm, not snapping too early or too late at the shot

much appreciated sir.i think my biggest struggle is trying to get correct footwork but time the shot at the same time.currently using classic batting but may move to standard if i continue to struggle

Skankhunt 42

Banned
my biggest struggle is trying to get correct footwork but time the shot at the same time
Absolutely! Footwork and Timing, both have to click together for a perfect shot. But, I'll discourage you to switch to Standard Control. Perhaps, you'd try switching pace bowling min/max to 54/67. Then play with overall pro/veteran with medium batting. Also tinker with the HUD elements (perhaps turn them all on! I personally turn them off because to me, that's a distracting factor).

Try your luck and share your findings!

rasdan

Club Captain
Absolutely! Footwork and Timing, both have to click together for a perfect shot. But, I'll discourage you to switch to Standard Control. Perhaps, you'd try switching pace bowling min/max to 54/67. Then play with overall pro/veteran with medium batting. Also tinker with the HUD elements (perhaps turn them all on! I personally turn them off because to me, that's a distracting factor).

Try your luck and share your findings!

will do bro many thanks.any suggestions for camera settings?

Skankhunt 42

Banned
will do bro many thanks.any suggestions for camera settings?

I always bat with FIXED FAR. That helps me time the ball so well. Alternatively BROADCAST 2 might do well if you want a bit of camera motion. To use both, you must enable invert batting.
If you want the behind the wicket stuff, then either of those camera will do. Some guys just love PRO cam for a more real in the ground match like feelings but I hate it.

rasdan

Club Captain
I always bat with FIXED FAR. That helps me time the ball so well. Alternatively BROADCAST 2 might do well if you want a bit of camera motion. To use both, you must enable invert batting.
If you want the behind the wicket stuff, then either of those camera will do. Some guys just love PRO cam for a more real in the ground match like feelings but I hate it.

brilliant mate i shall have a go tonight and yes i hate the pro cam too!

Cricket Lover 1943

Club Cricketer
Brother u will never be able to play spin short red ball online with standard control its broken or the shot is missing u have to play with classic control.
Pace short standard working better than classic.

Cricket Lover 1943

Club Cricketer
Sir the training mode is broken not Ai not bowling what we are asking him to bowl

Users who are viewing this thread