I am leaving/back thread

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
:wave

Got back on Saturday night, got sick on Monday night, haven't slept for two whole nights since coming back, missed the first week of uni which I need to catch-up on... Wish I was still in the UK, and apparently it just got sunny over there when I left.

I probably won't be back on here properly until next week, with a whole heap of uni work to do this weekend, and with the Olympics starting and the Super Rugby playoffs. I think I've got golf on Saturday as well, plus the new Batsman movie on maybe Friday.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
:wave

Got back on Saturday night, got sick on Monday night, haven't slept for two whole nights since coming back, missed the first week of uni which I need to catch-up on... Wish I was still in the UK, and apparently it just got sunny over there when I left.

I probably won't be back on here properly until next week, with a whole heap of uni work to do this weekend, and with the Olympics starting and the Super Rugby playoffs. I think I've got golf on Saturday as well, plus the new Batsman movie on maybe Friday.

Yesterday was amazing, weather wise, no clouds (no joke) all day, Today it is back to the cloud weather again. Where exactly in the U.K did you go

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
I thought you lived in India? You seem to know more than I do about rugby:p.

Yep, I'm an Indian. As for my interest in Rugby, I blame the IRB 2011 Rugby World Cup for that. :p Similar to how I started following football from the 2002 FIFA World Cup.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Fair enough.

I don't see how the game appeals to an Indian, I'm Indian too and know no Indians here who know what you just said about the Blues:p. We are too scrawny for the game, the game is for big Polynesians.

I seriously couldn't wait for the RWC to finish, absolutely hated it being mentioned every five minutes.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Yesterday was amazing, weather wise, no clouds (no joke) all day, Today it is back to the cloud weather again. Where exactly in the U.K did you go

We went around quite a lot of places. Started off down in the South West for like the first week (Bath, Cornwall, etc.), tbh I think we spent too long there though. Then went back to London for a few days, before heading up to Scotland. It took us like a week to get there, so we stopped off at quite a few places, like Alton Towers and Blackpool Pleasure Beach. We stayed on the Scottish side of the border for a couple of days, before heading up to the main cities. Spent a day in each of them (Glasgow and Edinburgh), then had my mum's best friends wedding, and then headed back down to London over the next few days. And then I finished off in London for a couple of days. So overall we did a small loop down South, and then a big loop from London to Glasgow (and back).

I seriously couldn't wait for the RWC to finish, absolutely hated it being mentioned every five minutes.

I'm the complete opposite to you, I really enjoyed it. I didn't buy into all the ---- they fed us like it's the third biggest sporting event in the world and stuff, but for a country of our size to run that as smoothly as it did (after the opening night chaos) I though was a very good achievement. Obviously if you're not a fan of Rugby then I can understand that, but I think a lot of people like myself were quite happy to get right into it and have it been mentioned every five minutes. :p

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Fair enough.

The one thing I thought would be decent would be the opening night stuff, but it was horrid and made me cringe even more when I heard the tournament mentioned.

Me and my mates were at the city and couldn't get into the party central or whatever it was called, it was too full so we were basically sitting on the footpath not able to hear or see anything:facepalm.

Then, we walked over to some hill, can't remember where it was. There were a lot of people there too so we could barely hear each other talk, and were isolated to a small area waiting a couple of hours just sitting there having a chat.

Finally, when the fireworks came on, they were so incredibly average it was insane, especially when the show was being touted as the best fireworks to hit the country. Even the Waitakere Diwali fireworks show in 07 or 08 was better:rolleyes. Only decent thing was seeing the fireworks set off in multiple locations.

Absolutely miserable experience turned me completely off the whole tournament, thought of it as even worse than before now. I'll actually be genuinely excited if we host the Olympics, Cricket World Cup or Football World Cup, but it's unlikely we'll ever independently host anything again and the Football World Cup and Olympics is nothing more than a pipe dream. The Cricket World Cup here won't be the same as we're basically just another venue with Australia as the home of all the fun.

Pranav

ICC Board Member
I am back after a short trip to Kashmir (Srinagar, Gulmarg, Pahalgam, Sonmarg and surrounding areas).

I'll post a few pictures sometime later. :)

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well I am of on a lad's holiday to Ibiza tomorrow, see you guys in two weeks

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Well guys, I will be off to United States of America today for my further studies. I wont be having internet connection till I dont have my rented apartment to stay in. So see you in 2 weeks of time. Mean while will try coming online through mobile but cannot assure you that.

See ya guys

1iram1

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Good luck on your trip. Whereabouts in the US are you staying?

Users who are viewing this thread