IPL I am lost...

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
So to be fair, Did not watch the game. But I saw the DD scorecard vs SRH and I need someone to clarify something for me... So, chasing 160 odd is not going to be a walk in the park, correct? You need a good start. Correct? The IPL teams pay lots of money for overseas players. Correct? You wan't the second most capped T20 player in history and the man who every time he walks out to bat for your side he nearly wins the game to bat for a long amount of time. Correct? So can someone PLEASE tell me why Suresh Iyer took 6 balls before popping one to the bowler? Yes everyone has bad days, but even a 13 year old knows to get your eye in and rotate the strike and especially if the other batsmen is scoring runs, so what did Suresh Iyer do for those 6 balls? Same can be said with Yuvraj (Although I can 'wrap' my head around these two, bad day in the office). Albie Morkel, probably the one of the last recognized batsmen to not get out, scored 75* against CSK (Best team in IPL) and nearly single-handedly won the game for the DD. Then he got dropped, until 2 games ago where he came in at... number 8, NUMBER 8. Yet he walked off with 5* off 2 and walking in once the game was wrapped up. So today when you need a spark in the team, tell me who you would choose:

A) A batsmen who has gotten past 15 once before this match (and he has gotten chances).

B) A domestic batsmen who can do the damage but hasn't been consistent this IPL.

C) The second most experienced player in T20 history, has proven he is one of the best, one of the most expensive players, scored your highest score in the campaign (For a while) and IS IN GOOD FORM.

D) Yuvraj Singh *sigh*.

So for me, B and C are both respectable options. Give credit to Jadhav, he batted well. But why waste so much money on a flipping diamond if you keep it in your box under the sink? So can someone explain the logic to why the most capped T20 player (before the tournament) has become a nothing in a team searching for a player EXACTLY like him, just not him?

Earagav

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
So to be fair, Did not watch the game. But I saw the DD scorecard vs SRH and I need someone to clarify something for me... So, chasing 160 odd is not going to be a walk in the park, correct? You need a good start. Correct? The IPL teams pay lots of money for overseas players. Correct? You wan't the second most capped T20 player in history and the man who every time he walks out to bat for your side he nearly wins the game to bat for a long amount of time. Correct? So can someone PLEASE tell me why Suresh Iyer took 6 balls before popping one to the bowler? Yes everyone has bad days, but even a 13 year old knows to get your eye in and rotate the strike and especially if the other batsmen is scoring runs, so what did Suresh Iyer do for those 6 balls? Same can be said with Yuvraj (Although I can 'wrap' my head around these two, bad day in the office). Albie Morkel, probably the one of the last recognized batsmen to not get out, scored 75* against CSK (Best team in IPL) and nearly single-handedly won the game for the DD. Then he got dropped, until 2 games ago where he came in at... number 8, NUMBER 8. Yet he walked off with 5* off 2 and walking in once the game was wrapped up. So today when you need a spark in the team, tell me who you would choose:

A) A batsmen who has gotten past 15 once before this match (and he has gotten chances).

B) A domestic batsmen who can do the damage but hasn't been consistent this IPL.

C) The second most experienced player in T20 history, has proven he is one of the best, one of the most expensive players, scored your highest score in the campaign (For a while) and IS IN GOOD FORM.

D) Yuvraj Singh *sigh*.

So for me, B and C are both respectable options. Give credit to Jadhav, he batted well. But why waste so much money on a flipping diamond if you keep it in your box under the sink? So can someone explain the logic to why the most capped T20 player (before the tournament) has become a nothing in a team searching for a player EXACTLY like him, just not him?
That just justifies their position in the points table.

It shows the quality of decisions made by the captain and the staff. Just look at their bowling choices, Zaheer, Nathan and Jayant are the main bowlers(hopefully), but you need a 4rd proper seamer in the death overs but they are using Albie! You just cant use an allrounder in the 19th over when you have Nathan Coulter-Nile in your line-up!!

They dropped Tahir(whatever the reason, injury, bad form*), and used Mishra! @11 R.P.O!

*BTW its Shreyas Iyer not Suresh Iyer*

Markkkkk

Profile Flag
South Africa
That just justifies their position in the points table.

It shows the quality of decisions made by the captain and the staff. Just look at their bowling choices, Zaheer, Nathan and Jayant are the main bowlers(hopefully), but you need a 4rd proper seamer in the death overs but they are using Albie! You just cant use an allrounder in the 19th over when you have Nathan Coulter-Nile in your line-up!!

They dropped Tahir(whatever the reason, injury, bad form*), and used Mishra! @11 R.P.O!

*BTW its Shreyas Iyer not Suresh Iyer*

Exactly, Tahir was taking wickets (although he was expensive, but isnt everyone?) and he had the taken the most wickets. Good thing Australia didn't drop Starc or Johnson or else they would of struggle to win the WC.

I feel they had lost the IPL since the auctions. All they did were but a bunch of medicore players (Mathews isnt amazing, Yuvi well Yuvi etc.) and failed to get a strike bowler (Coulter-Nile can't even make the national team) or a world-class batsmen (JP and de Kock are good but not exactly world-class). I would hate to bring up the old MF but all i'm gonna say is:

Delhi should start fixing their team instead of the matches.

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
IMO the team who used their resources correctly is KKR and that shows in Points table. Who would have used 3 overseas players as Hogg, Botha & Narine in same lineup.

Piyush Chawla hitting important boundaries since 2012.

Earagav

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
I feel they had lost the IPL since the auctions. All they did were but a bunch of medicore players (Mathews isnt amazing, Yuvi well Yuvi etc.) and failed to get a strike bowler (Coulter-Nile can't even make the national team) or a world-class batsmen (JP and de Kock are good but not exactly world-class). I would hate to bring up the old MF but all i'm gonna say is:
Among the unsold players,

Tsotsobe, Parnell or even Ben Hilfenhaus could have been a lot better than Nathan. Tsotsobe for variations, Parnell for pace and Ben for his consistence.
Cameron White, Hashim Amla, Darren Bravo could have been a lot better than de Kock.

Off course, how can we forget Kevon Cooper?

Markkkkk

Profile Flag
South Africa
Among the unsold players,

Tsotsobe, Parnell or even Ben Hilfenhaus could have been a lot better than Nathan. Tsotsobe for variations, Parnell for pace and Ben for his consistence.
Cameron White, Hashim Amla, Darren Bravo could have been a lot better than de Kock.

Off course, how can we forget Kevon Cooper?

I disagree with de Kock. They could be other options but he is a mssive talent and he scored a 50. Kevin Cooper should be playing imo.

Users who are viewing this thread