Ian Bell blog

sid_19840

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Excellent reading,are there any blogs like these from any other English or Aussie players especially on thier point of view on the Ashes and its build up?

EDIT:Great to see that he loves playing Stick Cricket,he's even posted a screenie of it.

Last edited:

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Sid most of the players as he says in his own blog have various contracts with newspapers to write a column or blog style articles. Not sure about the Aussies, but certainly the English players.

However I think you would be hard pressed to find many of them that are quite as honest and as informal as Bells. Personally I found it quite refreshing to see someone who is in the spotlight display a bit of humour and reveal a little more about the person under the sportsman.

CricketFan999

Club Cricketer
I love reading his blog, it's like reading the blog of an excited teenage (see his post of averages against Pakistan). It's a real refreshing change compared to most other blogs.

Sureshot

Executive member
Am I the only one thinking it's a hoax and not really Ian Bell?

There's a few bits that make me think so. The comments on Asif and Inzys hearing for one.

langerrox

International Coach
sid_19840 said:
Excellent reading,are there any blogs like these from any other English or Aussie players especially on thier point of view on the Ashes and its build up?

EDIT:Great to see that he loves playing Stick Cricket,he's even posted a screenie of it.
theres a matthew hoggard one on i think five live?

sid_19840

International Coach
Sureshot said:

There's a few bits that make me think so. The comments on Asif and Inzys hearing for one.

Dont think someone would be silly enough to do that,if theyd got caught their punishments could be serious.

Im not a big fan of the newspaper blogs as usually the posts are very formal almost like news reports usually.

&Lang-Thanks,I'll try finding it.

embi

International Coach
Sureshot said:

I was wondering that, but IMO it is a bit too personal and knowledgable to be a hoax.

Sureshot

Executive member
sid_19840 said:
Dont think someone would be silly enough to do that,if theyd got caught their punishments could be serious.

Im not a big fan of the newspaper blogs as usually the posts are very formal almost like news reports usually.

&Lang-Thanks,I'll try finding it.

I doubt very much there'd be punishments.

Also I don't think it's too professional to be a hoax, maybe I'm wrong, it's just the way he talks about Asif and Inzys trial, the latter being not that professional.

If I'm wrong fair enough, just doesn't look right.

PS: Langer can you change your sig, it's vile and really annoying.

Last edited:

JamesyJames3

International Coach
I too thought the same thing Sureshot. As it happens, I am still unsure whether it is Ian Bell's actual blog. It's a lot of effort to go to if you're not Ian Bell and what would a hoaxer get out of it? Absolutely nothing bar emails and comments saying goodluck, lovely read, etc.

Sureshot

Executive member
If there's advertising on the site he/she could make money out of it, sometimes they do it just for laughs.

JamesyJames3

International Coach
To be honest, although I still have my doubts. I am going to assume it is real as I think the likelyness outways the unlikelyness.

As you say, they could do it for a laugh, but again, it's a lot of effort just for that.

Users who are viewing this thread