ICC 2005 Ashes Version Announced

Ste

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
A new game in the ICC series of cricket management games has been announced with Internatinoal Cricket Captain 2005 Ashes Edition to be released on the 5th August of this year.

icc.jpg

Publishers Empire Interactive have made this statement about the game:

"ICC 2005 Ashes is the updated version of the classic cricket management game. All stats have been updated including a version of Twenty20 and also a historical Ashes series. Manage your county, choose your overseas, decide on tactics and lead your side to the championship or even the Ashes".

We hope to bring you news on the features of the game and some screenshots soon.

Briggsey

International Coach
Fantastic news!!!!!! finally Empire have dug out the ICC series from the dust and cobwebs and are updating it for us fans who still play it!

Looking forward to its upcoming release!!!

lawsy009

School Cricketer
m_vaughan said:
2005 is a year to remember for Cricket Fans!

Yep should be great, can't wait for it, hoping for the screenies soon aswell.

Briggsey

International Coach
Most definately, i think we've all been waiting for this for a long time, wonder how long they have been working on it seen as how they have waited til the last minute to announce it.

Jus

School Cricketer
From what they are saying, it sounds like the same game with updated stats and teams. If so it'll be hardly anything different.

Sureshot

Executive member
3 year old stats is big though.

And the new 3 overseas rule player should be in effect!

Ste, where abouts did you get that information from?

As i have googled everything i could think of and found nothing, found nothing on the empire interactive site. Please help.

Ste

Executive member
Sureshot said:
3 year old stats is big though.

And the new 3 overseas rule player should be in effect!

Ste, where abouts did you get that information from?

As i have googled everything i could think of and found nothing, found nothing on the empire interactive site. Please help.

Sporting-Gifts put this game on their website before they were meant to as its not been officially annouced but I have had this confirmed by someone who has worked with Empire before and that it has been in development for several months. They wouldnt say if it is just new stats or a totally new game though.

Ste

Briggsey

International Coach
andrew_nixon said:
I think it'll have to be a new game, especially as the database for the last batch has been cracked.
Yes i agree, especially as they have been working on it for several months apparantely. I do think though that it will be quite similar to previous versions though with similar engine for the matches etc...

Sureshot

Executive member
Different ranking systems, new competitions (ICC Trophy, ICC Champions Trophy, 20/20) new teams Scotland, Bangladesh. New rules, 3 overseas players etc. SO nto jsut an update really.

I couldn't find anything on sporting gifts btw Ste.

Users who are viewing this thread