ICC 2005 - Bowling tips

chitkaar

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
share tips, strategy you use while bowling, both for one day and county.

in county matches, i always start with full agression from both end. that way fast bowlers use their maximum strength and it increases the chance of taking early wickets. if the weather is cloudy seamers works better.

in one days, i start with a normal level aggression and stick with it as long as i can. i think im just too lazy to change the field setting too often. :rolleyes:

im not sure whether a similar topic exists. if it does then feel free to lock it.

jun23

Club Cricketer
it depends on how good a bowler they are. if they average above 25 i have them on 2 bars in both forms of the game. if they average under 25 i have them on 3 bars, and if they play for england or are a real good bowler i have them on 4 bars in od and fc

CricketFan999

Club Cricketer
I was wondering how changeing the length of the bowling improves (or not) the bowling of the bowler? I normaly leave it on default, 1 further than short, but I don't know how wise this is.

HopaWhitey

Club Cricketer
I just look at the batting preferences of each batsmen, Then select the oposite.
That seems to work fairly well.

jimbob

Club Cricketer
when i bowl fast bowlers together i genrally get 1 to bowl short of length and one to bowl full with 4 bars of agression to start off with. if taht doesnt work i go to plan B i get one fast bowler to bowl the opposite of the batters preference and one to bowl line and length. after that with fast bowlers i like to try a bit of evrything, bowling around the wicket, bowling out side offstump with a ring field etc etc. wityh spinners its always a good idea to bowl the other side of the wickets.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
chitkaar said:
in one days, i start with a normal level aggression and stick with it as long as i can. i think im just too lazy to change the field setting too often. :rolleyes:

Pretty much the same as me then :cheers

I used to rarely go above 3 in either form of the game, but nowadays go for 5 bars for each of the quicks opening spells with the harder newer ball in CC games. Once they come on for their second spells depending on the state of the game they either return on 5 or 3. Drops down to 2 if the batsmans gone past 50, and if he's proving a pain, I'll try one bar, bowling at his weakest area and mixing it up.

With spinners I often bring them on for their first over on 5 bars to see if they can make something happen, and depending on the treatment they get, drop down a bar to 4, and then 3 if the batsmans "loving it".

In the One Day arena, I'll nearly always start with 3 bars and rarely change it, sometimes moving a bowler down to 2 or 1 bar against a particuarly set batsman. For 20-20's I bowl the first over or two on 3 bars, and then switch to 1 bar if they go wicketless aiming at the batsmans weakness. I find offside preference batsman in 20-20s get out very often to a ball on their stumps.

Users who are viewing this thread