ICC Champions Trophy 2009

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Online Cricket Games Owned
Lol man,you've comfortably overlooked the difference in games,these two have played.Akmal has played more than 100 ODIs,while Karthik hasnt been given a long run yet(hes played about 30 games).You need to stop ignoring post like the one below.
No, I read the post, and I addressed it. Kartik has been overlooked because he is a terrible bowler. Those statistics in international cricket do not help him one bit.

Regarding Karthik, yes it does not help Dhoni is there, but as a batsman in tests he hasn't performed consistently enough, and in ODIs, he hasn't performed consistently enough.

People ask for x player to be given a long run, but teams can't afford to play a player for 3 games, and watch him fail in each one, and still continue to give him a chance.

Players have to take the opportunity they get, and take it with both hands. That's what Umar Akmal and Mohammad Aamer recently did for Pakistan. Long gone are the days of having the luxury of knowing you will play for 3-4 games and not be dropped.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
:laugh

This is hilarious.

Firstly, I would say Ajmal has taken over as frontline spinner for Pakistan, but I can use both.

Ajmal averages 30.07, S/R 62.8

Kartik averages 34.16, S/R 80.5

Kaneria averages 34.57, S/R 68.7

That is in test cricket by the way.

In ODIs:

Kartik averages 43.46, economy 5.07

Ajmal averages 39.69, economy 3.92. Big difference in economy here.

Kaneria (although he doesn't play ODIs) averages 45.33, economy 4.79 - still lower than Kartik. Although Kaneria doesn't play ODIs so that's a non-issue.

Please, next lie Cricketman. Keep making up BS :)

Oh, Dinesh Karthik > Kamran Akmal. Keep making up BS.

In Test Cricket:

Dinesh Karthik averages 28.61 with 1 100, 7 50s.
Kamran Akmal averages 33.22 with 6 100s, 9 50s.

In ODI Cricket:

Dinesh Karthik averages 24.88 with no 100s, 3 50s.
Kamran Akmal averaes 26.66 with 5 100s, 3 50s.

Thank you, come again. Don't talk about Karthik's wicket keeping, he let like over 40 byes go in one innings and dropped so many catches as keeper in Sri Lanka (which was the last time I saw him as keeper).

Cricketman, you are a terrible liar / BSer. :)

lmfao man, you tick like a bomb. One little comment gets your panties in a knot and you're all riled up, spewing stats left right and center.

Yeah, stats don't do the players justice. Kartik (spinner) was dropped after a marvelous series against Australia, in which he picked up 6/27 in his last ODI game which was the best display of left-arm-orthodox bowling I have ever seen in ODIs. He has also been very very good in county cricket for Middlesex.

Dinesh Karthik is one of the most talented cricketers in India, captains the state team and is a prolific scorer when on song. He had a bad year last year (Got married to an ugly chick :facepalm) but he's been on the rise and is back into national contention. I can talk about his keeping all I want, I still firmly believe his technique is better than MS Dhoni. But, even as a batsman alone, he makes a case for inclusion and has impressed in so many different roles in his short career, such as opening in the West Indies. He also opened in test match cricket in England and was absolutely fantastic.
The 30 byes or whatever was on a minefield of a pitch against Anil Kumble and Harbhajan Singh.

Personally, i'm sick of your snide, personal remarks against some of the members here and other countries. Keep your comments to yourself.

nz0003

International Cricketer
New Zealand squad for the CT
Daniel Vettori (captain)
Shane Bond
Neil Broom
Ian Butler
Brendon Diamanti
Grant Elliott
Martin Guptill
Gareth Hopkins
Brendon McCullum
Kyle Mills
Jacob Oram
Jeetan Patel
Jesse Ryder
Ross Taylor
Daryl Tuffey

My XI:

Ryder
McCullum
Guptill
Taylor
Elliot
Broom
Oram
Vettori
Butler
Tuffey
Bond

I really don't want Oram in the side but there's no one better than him in the squad.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
No, I read the post, and I addressed it. Kartik has been overlooked because he is a terrible bowler. Those statistics in international cricket do not help him one bit.

Regarding Karthik, yes it does not help Dhoni is there, but as a batsman in tests he hasn't performed consistently enough, and in ODIs, he hasn't performed consistently enough.

People ask for x player to be given a long run, but teams can't afford to play a player for 3 games, and watch him fail in each one, and still continue to give him a chance.

Players have to take the opportunity they get, and take it with both hands. That's what Umar Akmal and Mohammad Aamer recently did for Pakistan. Long gone are the days of having the luxury of knowing you will play for 3-4 games and not be dropped.

Kartik is not a terrible bowler. He is a very good bowler. It doesnt help when you are dropped after a superlative performance and Kartik has had that experience. The thing with India is, we not only need performers but we also need entertainers. Guys who express themselves well on the field and play for the cameras. Most of the players who have become stars have all done things to please the cameras. Those who dont do it find themselves dumped.

Ari

International Cricketer
My XI:

Ryder
McCullum
Guptill
Taylor
Elliot
Broom
Oram
Vettori
Butler
Tuffey
Bond

I really don't want Oram in the side but there's no one better than him in the squad.

I would go with something like that as well probably have to find a spot for Mills though.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
New Zealand squad for the CT
Daniel Vettori (captain)
Shane Bond
Neil Broom
Ian Butler
Brendon Diamanti
Grant Elliott
Martin Guptill
Gareth Hopkins
Brendon McCullum
Kyle Mills
Jacob Oram
Jeetan Patel
Jesse Ryder
Ross Taylor
Daryl Tuffey

My XI:

Ryder
McCullum
Guptill
Taylor
Elliot
Broom
Oram
Vettori
Butler
Tuffey
Bond

Mills in for Tuffey or Butler for mine but that would be the team I'd like to see.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
lmfao man, you tick like a bomb. One little comment gets your panties in a knot and you're all riled up, spewing stats left right and center.

Yeah, stats don't do the players justice. Kartik (spinner) was dropped after a marvelous series against Australia, in which he picked up 6/27 in his last ODI game which was the best display of left-arm-orthodox bowling I have ever seen in ODIs. He has also been very very good in county cricket for Middlesex.

Dinesh Karthik is one of the most talented cricketers in India, captains the state team and is a prolific scorer when on song. He had a bad year last year (Got married to an ugly chick :facepalm) but he's been on the rise and is back into national contention. I can talk about his keeping all I want, I still firmly believe his technique is better than MS Dhoni. But, even as a batsman alone, he makes a case for inclusion and has impressed in so many different roles in his short career, such as opening in the West Indies. He also opened in test match cricket in England and was absolutely fantastic.
The 30 byes or whatever was on a minefield of a pitch against Anil Kumble and Harbhajan Singh.

Personally, i'm sick of your snide, personal remarks against some of the members here and other countries. Keep your comments to yourself.

Personally, if you're going to make an opinion and treat it as fact, then I'm going to destroy that "factual opinion" in a matter of seconds.

I like how you treat every player that you support as "better than the rest comparitively (sp?)"

Support a player, back a player, but if they haven't shown the results, then don't say they are better. The appropriate comment should have been on potential, I believe Karthik to be better than x player, because Karthik is yet to deliver.

One performance or county cricket doesn't make any difference - one performance cannot define a player. Still, with that 6/27, on the whole, the stats and history favor the other spinner(s). You are saying that he is better than x and y spinner, but in reality he has not given the performances on the international arena so how can you say that?

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Kevin McClean replaces Darren Powell in the WI squad. Good thing Powell got injured and McClean gets the call up. This kid is way better then Powell.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Agree. He's also as quick as heck. Hoping he gets atleast one game.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Mods, will there be a special subforum for this event?

Users who are viewing this thread