ICC Cricket World Cup - May/July 2019

Who will be crowned the ODI World Champion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Want NZ to win, just to avoid the childish oversmart English fans and media!

Who's umpiring in the final? I hope it's not Darmasena I just watched that Roy dismissal again and he hesitated to put his hand up and then gave a huge sigh of relief or nerves after...what the hell man?

Who's umpiring in the final? I hope it's not Darmasena I just watched that Roy dismissal again and he hesitated to put his hand up and then gave a huge sigh of relief or nerves after...what the hell man?

Dharmasena used to be a good umpire. He's had some shockers in the past 2 years!

Kettleborough in my opinion is the best of the lot.

England proved yesterday why they are number one in the world. On their day nobody can touch them.

Let's just hope it's their day on Sunday. If you were making a combined XI between the two teams there's only Boult and Williamson who would get in and even then I'm not sure who for...maybe Boult for Plunkett but not sure who Kane would replace...

I’m sorry, but the coaching and management staff is the main reason we lost yesterday. New Zealand used the conditions well without any doubt, but they also showed us the way to bat the day before. And what do we do? Rohit gets out to an excellent delivery that he could have still avoided completely, Kohli shuffles across the line and gets out to a left arm pacer yet again in the knockouts of an ODI tournament after Boult set him up beautifully with a simple and effective plan. Rahul meanwhile fails to judge the line of a ball outside the off stump and gets out in an ugly way for the nth time.

And we still had a chance to resurrect our chances, we had the perfect player who is well known for his ability to grind if needed and has saved us from so many collapses. Instead, we send in an inexperienced slogger, an average player that is totally unreliable for building any innings and then an all-rounder who can grind if needed but is better utilized providing the spark towards the end.

I’ve still not talked about how poor the team selection was for yesterday’s game by omitting your most lethal pacer under overcast conditions, playing two spinners who turn the ball in the same direction versus a side that has four left-handers in their top 8 and going in with just five bowling options when two of them have played every game with a lot of those games coming towards the end unlike other teams thanks to the IPL messing with our schedule.

I’ve also not mentioned how shambolic the entire selection process was with talented players like Pant, Iyer, Pandey barely considered for selection by virtue of lesser opportunities and how we went in with a number 4 who had played zero games there over the last four years, in addition to Rayudu receiving an extended chance simply because he overperformed in a T20 league for one season.

I will probably offer a fairly more objective view once my emotional investment dies off and after the conclusion of today’s game.[DOUBLEPOST=1562847233][/DOUBLEPOST]

You know how bad Stoinis has been when you wish for a former keeper who only started bowling part-time fairly regularly a year ago to be there as the like for like replacement for him. :lol
I won't complain about Rohits dismissal but the Kohli n Rahul could have played better. If you look at the yesterdays match, Smith played exceptionally well. Kohli should learn from this guy on how to be patient when ur facing some quality swing bowling. RR never a matter on that pitch as we have seen it how good the pitch was when Jadeja n Dhoni was batting. Talking about not sending Dhoni before Pant or Pandya, Yes, I too felt the same. Here I want to mention a thing that the calculated risk taken by Pandya & Pant showed their inexperience. I hope they will remember this n learn from their mistakes. Could have been a different result when one these young lads stayed with Dhoni till the end.

I believe a Captain should be the one who inspires new confidence into the team. He should be the one who actually looks to win games for his team. A Captain should be a combination of aggression, passion and should have intentions to win the game for his team at all costs which Kohli has. I was thinking to create a whole new thread where I can actually discuss about it. I would want the experienced members like @SaiSrini @abhi_jacko @Bevab @aditya123 @asprin & @CricketQ20
@Bigby Wolfto just read it for once and have their views regarding it. Will do ?

I believe a Captain should be the one who inspires new confidence into the team. He should be the one who actually looks to win games for his team. A Captain should be a combination of aggression, passion and should have intentions to win the game for his team at all costs which Kohli has. I was thinking to create a whole new thread where I can actually discuss about it. I would want the experienced members like @SaiSrini @abhi_jacko @Bevab @aditya123 @asprin & @CricketQ20
@Bigby Wolfto just read it for once and have their views regarding it. Will do ?
Well Said. I just want to add 2 more adjectives. Cool n Calm under pressure. I dont think Kohli has these features. If at all he has these while playing with NZ, IND would be playing the CWC 2019 FINAL.

No debate for me. I'll be pulling for NZ all the way. Something about that team is just right. Such humility and playing the game the right way in the right spirit. I've always maintained that Kane Williamson is perhaps the most underrated elite batsman and captain in the world. Martin Guptil will need to put his hand up if they are to have a chance. I hope Colin de Grandhomme can have a nice cameo. Personally I'm not seeing what people see in him quite yet. Hope he proves me wrong. Is Corey Anderson injured or something for the tournament. NZ should also think about Sodhi in that spot. The slope can be a big help for spinners on the right day.

I want to ask @aditya123 @abhi_jacko @SaiSrini @Bigby Wolf @Bevab @Naman Thakur and most other regs here-

Where to from here for India? How strong do you think are the chances of us being blessed with a new skipper and coach? We know for a fact that we have lost countless series which we should have won with the right approach! Kohli still too powerful?

I ain't all those ranks whom you mentioned . Just a normal poster I am . Felt bewildered really . :p

I believe we ought to limit these discussions to the Indian team discussion thread, especially because we’ve been knocked out! :p

I do think that the discussion thread would suffice for this purpose too. :yes

I believe we ought to limit these discussions to the Indian team discussion thread, especially because we’ve been knocked out! :p

I do think that the discussion thread would suffice for this purpose too. :yes

Yeah agreed. Okay I'll try and put up something in the Indian discussion thread :thumbs

This time I would like England to win the Cup. Somewhere I am getting that 2011 like feeling when India won the WC. The story seems pretty similar over here. And I just want to see the English crowd roaring after the WC triumph, it would be great to see that !! Hopefully I get a childhood nostalgia from England which I felt during 2011 World Cup when India had won it. I have been critical of the English side in the past but today I am very comfortable to say that England actually deserve it. Just expect their bowling also to be consistent so that we may actually get to see the best ODI side in the history of the game!!!

No debate for me. I'll be pulling for NZ all the way. Something about that team is just right. Such humility and playing the game the right way in the right spirit. I've always maintained that Kane Williamson is perhaps the most underrated elite batsman and captain in the world. Martin Guptil will need to put his hand up if they are to have a chance. I hope Colin de Grandhomme can have a nice cameo. Personally I'm not seeing what people see in him quite yet. Hope he proves me wrong. Is Corey Anderson injured or something for the tournament. NZ should also think about Sodhi in that spot. The slope can be a big help for spinners on the right day.

I think the England team themselves are filled with nice blokes. Their media as well or at least their commentators are nice and good to hear. I don't know who I am supporting. I really like Jos and Ben but also love Kane and Trent!

Users who are viewing this thread