ICC Cricket World Cup - May/July 2019

Who will be crowned the ODI World Champion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Advantage Pakistan here

I would say 75-25 to Pakistan at this point, especially if they get root soon. Lets see what stokes can do in this kind of a situation after a lot of discussions centered around his last innings here

Hasan Ali has not looked 25% the bowler off the CT. Been bowling up and down stuff.
I think it's about time they drop Hasan Ali and replace him with somebody else, He's been poor this year and last year.[DOUBLEPOST=1559575842][/DOUBLEPOST]
Advantage Pakistan here

I would say 75-25 to Pakistan at this point, especially if they get root soon. Lets see what stokes can do in this kind of a situation after a lot of discussions centered around his last innings here
Well they still got 7 wickets and run rate is 7.9 so it's still even here.

One thing people always underestimate is the pressure of a WC game. England might have chased a lot of 300+ scores in the recent past but this different. This is WC and there is always an added pressure on any team who is chasing a target that is this big. This pitch also isn't as flat as people made it out to be. There is some turn for spinners and the ball did move around a bit initially when Amir was bowling. It's now just about being smart and fielding well for Pakistan. I will be very surprised if England actually wins this.

Exactly - pressure can make an easy target seem too far. For the best of teams.

Especially for a team which hasn't won a world cup and is going in with the tag of favorites to win and incredible hype about their batting firepower.[DOUBLEPOST=1559575918][/DOUBLEPOST]
they still got 7 wickets and run rate is 7.9 so it's still even here.

The wicket is gripping and turning a bit... Tailor made for Pakistan to drive home a win here[DOUBLEPOST=1559575939][/DOUBLEPOST]There we go... Pakistans game to lose here

Buttler is the final nail in the coffin here for Pakistan - get him and win the game.

Butler is in sublime form. Pakistan need to attack from both ends otherwise it will be over soon.

This is a prime example of how teams mess with captains that 'panic.' They took a calculated risk to attack Hafeez and Malik and Sarfaraz reacted. I know what Dhoni would have done.

might be umpires call[DOUBLEPOST=1559577872][/DOUBLEPOST]oh wow .. thats a lot of bounce

Oh dear, a slip could have done wonders for Pakistan over the last few overs...

Edit: looks like it wouldn’t have made a difference anyways when you field like that :p

Users who are viewing this thread