ICC Cricket World Cup - May/July 2019

Who will be crowned the ODI World Champion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aditya123

National Board President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Can we go to sleep and wake up before the next WC. This has been so much fun. And my team got knocked out in a thrilling semi-final. I cannot remember so many people willing any side to win so much. Given the fact that this game ended mid-day here in the US, it's felt like a never-ending day. I`m thrilled (for the sport and English cricket), disappointed (for NZ, Federer and previously India) and emotionally drained. I actually shed a tear or two when Agnew said on TMS "To all the first time watchers, this is our game. Its a wonderful sport, this cricket. Hope you loved it.' In a moment I realized, the cricket fan, no matter where he/she is from is in a minority in the sporting universe. Today was our day in the sunshine. Some folks here told me not to cry after the NZ semi. I wasn't, I cried today, and for the love of this sport.

Last edited:

kushagra29

School Cricketer
I got to ask you this guys. How many of u felt the ICC rule of "Deciding a match winner with the help of boundaries when a super-over is tied" is absolutely unfair??

StrongAsAnOx

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I got to ask you this guys. How many of u felt the ICC rule of "Deciding a match winner with the help of boundaries when a super-over is tied" is absolutely unfair??

Not unfair as it would have been part of the rules before games commenced so totally fair as both sides had the same opportunity to score boundaries.

Unsatisfying perhaps.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I think enough has been said about this match already.

This one was for the ages and will be remembered forever, and as much as I do not favor deciding the ODI World Champions on just one over, that Super Over had me biting my nails and chewing my fingers end to end. Even the missus, who recently got into cricket and hardly knew the names of one or two players, was glued to the TV. She was supporting the English because their jerseys were better !!

Ben Stokes on his way to having his name registered as one of the all time greats. What a tournament he has had.

And a note of sympathy for the runner ups. Kane Williamson did everything he could to win it, with an out of form batting lineup and almost pulled it off. But fate just had other plans, cant fight it. The 4 runs off the deflected bat will haunt them for some time.

LOVE this game

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I really hope any (perceived) ‘hatred’ of England doesn’t stem from colonialism, I mean what do I, or any other England fan and player have to do with that?

Pretty sure it has nothing to do with colonialism.

Neutral fans tend to go for the underdog more often than not, and NZ was the underdog in this case. I could see plenty of Asian descent folks supporting the English team in the stadium.

sanjeevaloria

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
well I knew from the first match that England would win this time because they played well in nearly all matches.

MK4

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Rules are rules. I don’t know why there is such a huge uproar

Also why are fans particularly from Asia so angry that England won? Unusual circumstances yes but the bitterness and saltiness towards England is really weird

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Thought about this for a while, but barring ‘number of wickets lost during the entire game’, any other reasonable criteria for separating the team like league positions, NRR, Head2Head record etc would have England as the clear winners. Not sure if it is that unfair now.

Personally believe that there should have been five overs to decide the winner instead of just one, but that is an entire discussion for another day.

kushagra29

School Cricketer
Thought about this for a while, but barring ‘number of wickets lost during the entire game’, any other reasonable criteria for separating the team like league positions, NRR, Head2Head record etc would have England as the clear winners. Not sure if it is that unfair now.

Personally believe that there should have been five overs to decide the winner instead of just one, but that is an entire discussion for another day.
I would have felt happier if it has happened instead of deciding the winner based on the boundaries hit. Both the teams have given out what they have infact more than they have. Its really painful to see NZ ending on the other side though they were equal with ENG in everything that happened in the match. Hope ICC should take a look at this rule and think of making some changes

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Isn't it a bit ridiculous that there's no open bus parade planned? We've won the world cup for the first time in our home land and no celebrations?...cmon man, I guess I knew what KP meant now!

kushagra29

School Cricketer
Sometimes I feel, Along with the hard-work a bit of luck also should favor u to get success. The two finals (Wimbledon & CWC 2019) that happened yesterday are the best examples to support my statement

kushagra29

School Cricketer
Not unfair as it would have been part of the rules before games commenced so totally fair as both sides had the same opportunity to score boundaries.

Unsatisfying perhaps.
Not exactly. I don't mind ENG or NZ win. Both the teams were equal in every department except the boundaries count & the wickets fell. I felt its not ideal to decide a winner like that. They would have conducted something like an Super-over again to decide the winner.

kushagra29

School Cricketer
When a batsman falls on the wickets while taking a run, he will not be given out. Then how can a throw by a fielder mistakenly hits the batsman bat while taking a run and went for 4 is given as 4 ?? I don't understand What kind of rule is this??

A.P Haux

The Meowest Avenger
AUS..
BNG..
Kings XI
RCB...
Melbourne Stars
Avengers
Profile Flag
Bangladesh
I hope ICC change the rule. The 4 extra runs shouldn't have been given. You gotta feel for NZ.

Users who are viewing this thread