ICC News: Restructuring the ICC, BCCI Influence & more

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
lol ya the way they will sweep matters under carpet like malcom speed d for waugh warne bookie matters. atleast bcci controversies are in the open and not constantly fed under the carpet. if you think ECB and ACB were saints you must be smoking something

Which part of that post suggested my implying ECB/ACB are saints?. I have bee very critical of both of them in many posts in this thread since they joined BCCI in big three takeover.

And don't know where you are going with the Speed/Warne/Waugh point?

grkrama

National Board President
Which part of that post suggested my implying ECB/ACB are saints?. I have bee very critical of both of them in many posts in this thread since they joined BCCI in big three takeover.

don't know where you are going with the Speed/Warne/Waugh point?

i guess these :

There was no evidence also where ENG/AUS back then ever bullied or tried to manipulate other countries in some of the callous ways BCCI does now either. MCC simply ran the game from lords in a old fashion dormant manner. In their own slow way they did try to grow cricket.

Plus ENG & AUS (especially England) always stood up to BCCI as the games custodian.

custodians shoving things like bookie matters under the carpet when their team players were involved instead of making it publicly known..

ya i forgot they just used to take half a million dollars to tour india because they were top teams.

BCCI for all its faults rarely if not ever messes wuth game rules, its often the brain child of ecb or CA whether its drop-in pitches or powerplay or day night test what not.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

when was the last time aus toured NZ? how many test matches do they have against against zim and ban.

india has played 19 matches between zim and ban while ENG 14 and aus just 7, clearly the minnnows know who is the better devil here.

Last edited:

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
And just to add, I feel awful defending BCCI. I don't like them, but the amount of senseless hatred spewed here is ridiculous

S

Satan666

india has played 19 matches between zim and ban while ENG 14 and aus just 7, clearly the minnnows know who is the better devil here.

Well India are ranked seventh in tests so in all fairness they tour teams similar in standing more often than not, we see how they try to evade tours to SA!

S

Satan666

And just to add, I feel awful defending BCCI. I don't like them, but the amount of senseless hatred spewed here is ridiculous

Calm yourself buddy no one is showing hatred here just discussing the facts, in fellow member War's defence most of his posts have been facts. I know Indians on this board are quite gullible but I've always found you to be one of the more sensible ones on here so just be yourself, youre alot better than this :)

War

Chairman of Selectors
Moving the discussion here once again, more appropriate location I think.

The amount of selective presumption in this ridiculous. ACB/ECB were custodians of cricket, while the Asian bloc and WI and ZIM were blind because they supported BCCI ? Bit much, isn't it? Maybe, just maybe they actually found BCCI to be more reasonable towards their cause and issues? But you have proven time and again that you believe in the "guilty until proven innocent" ideology when it comes to BCCI.

How is it selective. I ask again were you reading all the major journalist reporting on the big three takeover while it was happening?. Because for you to asking me these quesitons one year after the Big Three is in power is very odd.

So I'm asking you again what did the MCC do to Inida back in the days that you have ever heard/read/seen on video maybe, that was so callous it made the BCCI feel in the last decade since their financial power became almighty, that they need to get back at ENG/AUS?

Unfortunately with regards to ZIM & WI just like India in cricket it all comes down to racism again based on how ENG/AUS may have treated them in the political life, so they are using cricket as a ways to get back at them, which is part of this debate people always like to avoid and its the hardcore.

When AUS PM John Howard ran for ICC president he basically was rejected by all had roots in this. Its a sad situation just like the problem with quotas in S Africa cause cricket given it has not had a strong ICC in place is allowing these ridiculous political intricacies of the past dominate how the sport in governed.

Like I said, you are absolutely keen on NOT giving credit where it is due. I mean, if the BCCI is so powerful and doesn't give a shyt about the game then I don't see why they are visiting ZIM and BD at all. They could just postpone these and hold some other tours which would be more profitable to them ?

That's not what i'm saying. The point is more tours by the financially powerful nations to the lesser nations is nothing hard for boards to do if they ignore the money factor and it did not need the Big three takeover and new FTP to do this, thus its useless to praise BCCI or ENG/AUS for doing that.

Cricket needs a overall revamp of the structure, so that teams like WI/PAK/NZ/SRI/BANG/ZIM will get consistent tours in this new arrangement, instead of a early tour here in the embryonic days of Big 3 and then dont play them for 4 years again. Without FTP IND/AUS/ENG dont have the play the rest - its the other nations who need to play them.

Pure presumptive paranoia

These problems have existed before the Big 3 came into being.

So once again, my point is - All this hoopla about Big3 destroying cricket doesn't seem to be taking its form even after one full year of them being in power.
Despite some negative moves like Associated participation in WC, I also see some positives:

- BD and ZIM having an unusually packed schedule (including visits from India)
- Chucking problem being taken a lot more seriously
- BCCI considering scrapping the useless Champions T20 league
- BCCI might be providing AFG cricket with one of the Indian grounds for their cricket

So all is not as bleak as some people would like to believe

Ha you might need to check back the definition of presumed and paranoia

Did i suggest that these listen problem are new under Big Three. I am saying like the former ICC president said that one year into Big three set-up nothing has been done to address those. In case you haven't realized ICC has regular meetings, the most recent was this ICC announces cricket’s biggest-ever global broadcast agreement with Star India and Star Middle East - ICC Cricket and while a lot of announcements were made including the ridiculous announcement to not involve and test championship, bringing back C-Trophy strangely and also no revamping of that ranking system.

Therefore if your position is one year is too quick for them to do anything, they have their next conference from June 22-26 in Barbados and if none of issues are addressed then, what will you say?

The chucking matter maybe be happening under Big three, but they have not had any direct dealing with calling for it to happen. This was a in the works long before Big three was implemented by ICC cricket committee where ICC CEO Dave Richardson has had a more direct role. Just clarifying.

Champs League is only being scrapped because the broadcasters who have a horrific influence in game are not making profits, same way why ICC scrapped tests champs idea because of them. Only difference is test champs is needed and Champs League was BCCI manipulation of schedule with CA & CSA tagging along the money train.

And also camn down their is no hate here and just because BCCI/ICC Big does a few good things (they are cricket boards at the end of the day, just very bad ones) doesn't mean they deserve a hail marry pass.

Just like FIFA with Blatter and crooks presidents before him, it was blatter who called for goal-line technology and it was them along with Joe Haveleange in past that help grow football globally and be a strong governing body - but their list of terribble things outweighs which is why FIFA image is so bad and that is where the BCCI/Big Three is right now. Simple

grkrama

National Board President
BCCI/ICC Big does a few good things (they are cricket boards at the end of the day, just very bad ones) doesn't mean they deserve a hail marry pass.

lol no one sane would give hail mary pass to bcci or icc or ecb .CA in general....except it does become paranoia when you contemplate a board is going after one single player without any valid reason..

regarding broadcast deals its more of MPA struggle ind had for WC11 rights that has lead to all these. how it was conveniently changed when ind got broadcast rights for wc11 and not before.

bottom line is two wrongs never make a right..just hope srini is ousted by sept that should solve quite a bit of nonsense caused by him/ though i guess clarke will be more than making up for his vacancy moving into icc as ecb rep.

Last edited:

War

Chairman of Selectors
i guess these :

custodians shoving things like bookie matters under the carpet when their team players were involved instead of making it publicly known..

ya i forgot they just used to take half a million dollars to tour india because they were top teams.

Really I don't know what you are trying to say here

BCCI for all its faults rarely if not ever messes wuth game rules, its often the brain child of ecb or CA whether its drop-in pitches or powerplay or day night test what not.

Correct me if i'm wrong but are you trying to equate MCC/ECB/CA making rule changes however poor some have been like the powerplays is comparable to bully/manipulation tactics BCCI has used since it became the financial powerhouse of world cricket.

when was the last time aus toured NZ? how many test matches do they have against against zim and ban.

This is a complicated issue from my understanding, however I will admit early that i dont have all the facts. We all know before India got big money, playing a series in cricket history versus ENG or AUS carried the big money for the other nations whether it was a tour or home series.

So depending on broadcast deals/team sponsorship either of the two would be more profitable than one. For example Windies look forward to home series vs ENG & AUS the most - most other series is not profitable to them.

Thus the one good thing is see coming out of Big three revamp where they implemented a "test match fund" will help them and a few countries a lot. However a team like NZ might earn more by playing AUS historically in ODI series than a test or ODI tour, which is why you might have noticed a few chappell-hadlee series ODI series.

Boards also have to consider profits. AUS & ENG have already hosted BANG in tests series, that a lot than more than India did, which certainly would mean more symbolically to BANG. AUS couldn't obviously couldn't play them in major venues due lack of crowds, thus they played tests in Darwin/Cairns and ENG hosted Bangladesh at Lords twice maybe thrice.

But overall this issue highlights why cricket needs a set schedule where everyone knows regardless of strength of profits that they play each other in test/odi/t20 series home away, even amount of matches in over a 2-3 year period.

War

Chairman of Selectors
I am not well versed with the Packer saga, but from what I understand Kerry Packer was a rebel league much like ICL and very much unlike IPL (which is fully sanctioned by BCCI). So technically, another Kerry Packer scenario actually failed with the ICL

Whether the BCCI sanctioned IPL and did not ICL is very mute point. Packer/Word Series and Modi/IPL is the same thing. Two prominent businessmen that challenged world cricket establishment at two different points of history and exposed the weak government structure to form tournaments that have changed the dynamics of world cricket for administrators and player causing much confusion.

If ICC was always strong like FIFA World Series cricket and IPL at best would have been formed with far more consultation and influence from the ICC or at worst would not have been formed at all if WSC/IPL and ICC could not agree on specifics.

grkrama

National Board President
Really I don't know what you are trying to say here
point's i trying to regard there is the ACB has used its clout to keep things like bookie contactng players under the carpet without taking full actions with icc and disclosing to public not something players of other countries had or should have had. Basically just one of the points to say other boards have behaved equally badly if not worse than bcci.

Correct me if i'm wrong but are you trying to equate MCC/ECB/CA making rule changes however poor some have been like the powerplays is comparable to bully/manipulation tactics BCCI has used since it became the financial powerhouse of world cricket.

since you said custodians of the game i thought it was about protecting the game rules and thought you were implying BCCI was the one toying with game rules. if it was about well being of the cricket boards then it is certainly laughable, they were are as greedy as bcci or any other board. if we go by history of cricket board of every nation noneo f them has a good history in terms of money handling everyone is a greedy shit manipulating the sports in their country whether its pcb, slc wicb or ecb or bcci or zim, ECB of the old may be the exception i guess..but i dont have much data over that but i guess would be safe to assume they did a lot for the love of the game in the starting days without which other nations wouldn't have thrived with the sport.

overall this issue highlights why cricket needs a set schedule where everyone knows regardless of strength of profits that they play each other in test/odi/t20 series home away, even amount of matches in over a 2-3 year period.

certainly needed

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Because for you to asking me these quesitons one year after the Big Three is in power is very odd
I am simply going by your words. You literally made it sound like ECB/CA are the "custodians of cricket" and anyone supporting BCCI like the Asian Bloc is "blind". Your words, not mine. Hence the questions.

So I'm asking you again what did the MCC do to Inida back in the days that you have ever heard/read/seen on video maybe, that was so callous it made the BCCI feel in the last decade since their financial power became almighty, that they need to get back at ENG/AUS?

First of all, I never made that claim, so I am not sure why you are asking me that. Besides that, it is a very well known fact that for the longest time the power was concentrated to ECB and ACB. There have been instances where ICC would offer Asian cricketers shoddy contracts and Asian teams crappy tour schedules because they were not a great venues financially (nothing was different pre-BCCI). The ICC heads as recently as 2002/3 hardly gave any importance to the Asian bloc - heck Malcolm Gray even admitted to the boards being divided on racial lines during his exit interviews and boards like Eng/NZ dividing world cricket politically (World Cup 2003??).
There are many more instances, a lot of which will go beyond the scope of this thread.

And also camn down their is no hate here and just because BCCI/ICC Big does a few good things (they are cricket boards at the end of the day, just very bad ones) doesn't mean they deserve a hail marry pass.

Once again, did I say BCCI deserve a hail mary pass? I have been highly critical of them throughout. I despise that sniveling Srini character and I think he has brought enough disgrace to cricket for a lifetime.

All I have asked for is a bit of reason instead of the blind Blame-BCCI war cry and the guilty until proven innocent ideology. The Narine case is a great example of that - totally unfounded paranoia that BCCI is after him good even though it makes absolutely no logical sense.

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
This thread has been a really good read, some pro BCCI (also ECB/CA) comments but mostly balances and factual posts. The three have come together to form a monopoly on a sport that, in all honesty, isn't achieving the levels that others have reached in the 21st century. The global tournament that cricket offers has less impact and media attention outside of Asia then almost any global sporting event I can think of. The dominant nation in the sport both politically and financially is one of the bottom 3 teams in the sports premier format.

Outside of boxing, I can't think of another major sport which is run with so much corruption and disregard for the law then cricket in the 21st century.

Users who are viewing this thread