India

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Andy Flower was offered the post, but due to his contract with England he cannot join the Indian team. Fleming was the one who was in the limelight to be the coach, but nothing about him is being said now, and Warne just said that he would like to coach India, so that doesn't mean he stands a chance to be the coach.

What I hear is that Mohinder Amarnath will be the interim coach for the tour of West Indies and after that we will be getting a Zimbabwean coach (not Andy Flower).

Ray Jennings will continue as the bowling coach.

Kabooka

International Cricketer
Whats the big deal about Aussie coaches. All fingers are not equal and after playing in the IPL and India now being the Champs im pretty sure no coach would make the mistake of imposing his will on the team. Also Warne maybe a superstar but Guru Gary was no pushover either. He is by and large the best Batsman IMO to come out of the African Continent.

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
If Shane Warne is recruited as the Indian coach, the Indian players will have to screen their WAGs from him.

used2bcool

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Also Warne maybe a superstar but Guru Gary was no pushover either. He is by and large the best Batsman IMO to come out of the African Continent.

I dunno about that man. I love Gary as much as the next guy, but how about Kallis? Can't forget about Kallis. Plus the greats from yesteryear like Graeme Pollock and Barry Richards.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Why no Shane Warne? I think it would be a remarkable choice, although I support Flemming over him, but Warne is no Greg Chappel.

Warne is a guy with a not so great history. His has been a controversy filled career. Also he has this tendency to share things with the media either through twitter or through other mediums. See how he predicted the India-England tie and the media were all over him (some even said he knew the game was fixed and all?). We need a guy who is laid back, who doesnt interact much at all with the media (does only when he needs to and only gives the bytes required) and who is not eccentric and has his own imposing personality that can repel within the team. I am sure that if Warne is coach, we will see the same Chappell saga all over again.

Kabooka

International Cricketer
I dunno about that man. I love Gary as much as the next guy, but how about Kallis? Can't forget about Kallis. Plus the greats from yesteryear like Graeme Pollock and Barry Richards.

Well during the times they used to play together, Gary completely overshadowed everybody from the SA team when it came to batting. Also now Kallis plays in times when we have powerplays and the mighty bowling attacks of Pakistan, Australia are no more so he is bound to be better statistically but practically Gary is the Boss IMO. Infact in the 1996 WC when he smashed 188 against UAE i thought that he was the best in the world...better than Sachin, Mark Waugh, Saeed Anwar, Mike Atherton or Lara.

prarara

International Cricketer
Warne is a guy with a not so great history. His has been a controversy filled career. Also he has this tendency to share things with the media either through twitter or through other mediums. See how he predicted the India-England tie and the media were all over him (some even said he knew the game was fixed and all?). We need a guy who is laid back, who doesnt interact much at all with the media (does only when he needs to and only gives the bytes required) and who is not eccentric and has his own imposing personality that can repel within the team. I am sure that if Warne is coach, we will see the same Chappell saga all over again.

I guess we'll have to see. I think that Warne has excellent man managing skills though. He was never given the opportunity. He is controversial, but brilliant, and able to lead a team. I don't think we'd see the Chappell problem because I think Warne is capable of laying back when required, unlike Chappell. Let's also not forget Chappell's ideas worked, but they came apart when the team lost its structure.

I agree though he's probably not right for this Indian team.

Last edited:

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Warne tweeted that he never said anything about wanting the coach role for India earlier today.

Users who are viewing this thread