Inzamam Ul-Haq
Mohd. Azharuddin
Navjot Singh Sidhu
Moin Khan (Wk)
Wasim Akram
Javagal Srinath
Waqar Younis
Saqlain Mushtaq

Could those two line-ups be improved in anyway? Have I missed someone important? I am not aware of how good Imran Khan and Javed Miandad were in the 1990s. So I decided to let someone who knew how good they were update the line-up.

Last edited:

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Imran Khan an unfortunate absence, but I suppose he only played three years....

Pretty good line-up, would beat most teams!

You could do a poll to decide the captain.....

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Could those two line-ups be improved in anyway? Have I missed someone important? I am not aware of how good Imran Khan and Javed Miandad were in the 1990s. So I decided to let someone who knew how good they were update the line-up.

Imran averaged 60.5 from 13 innings in the 90s. And not so good with the ball, he was really a 80s player, no need to include him or Miandad.

Also no need for Kumble in the ODI team. Would be of more use to drop him and add a pace bowler like Srinath.
Sidhu scored all his centuries and half centuries batting at 1,2,3 and never really did anything at 6. Dont know who could really replace him.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Saurav Ganguly deserves to be there in place of Sidhu in the ODI team. He is a far better ODI player than Sidhu.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
ODIs;
Sachin Tendulkar
Saeed Anwar
Saurav Ganguly
Rahul Dravid
Inzamam Ul-Haq
Mohammad Azharuddin
Moin Khan
Wasim Akram
Anil Kumble/Saqi
Waqar Younis
Javagal Srinath/Shoaib Akthar

Tests;
Saeed Anwar
Navjot Singh Sidhu
Rahul Dravid
Sachin Tendulkar
Inzamam Ul Haq
Saurav Ganguly/Azhar
Moin Khan
Wasim Akram
Anil Kumble
Waqar Younis
Mustaq Ahmed

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
yes but where do you play him. Ganguly is a opener in ODIs and nothing else.

Bat him at one down and push Dravid down. Dravid has batted more down the order than at No 3. Dravid has been a floater. And in the 90's, he was aggressive enough to bat down the order and score quick runs.

King Cricket

International Coach
Dravid has been a floater. And in the 90's, he was aggressive enough to bat down the order and score quick runs.

His records say a different thing though. Dravid's average, batting down the order in the 1990s, is just 26.28, with the S/R barely crossing 65.

Last edited:

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Saleem Malik is a disgrace to the game as he brought the darkness of match fixing upon the cricketing world.

We have no room for cheats. Partly why I don't like Azhar in my team either, but 9k+ ODI runs leaves me in a spot of bother...:\

Gunner786

Panel of Selectors
Saleem Malik is a disgrace to the game as he brought the darkness of match fixing upon the cricketing world.

We have no room for cheats. Partly why I don't like Azhar in my team either, but 9k+ ODI runs leaves me in a spot of bother...:\
true, but a cheat is a cheat.

no matter what they did this is a thread based on their cricketing abilities so if they are good then we can put them in our teams

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK

Lets not bring the match fixing part in, Rohit! They all were great players till then and they deserve to be called legends and deserve to be in the combined team that people are posting here. The mistake that they did doesnt erase all the great stuff they have done for their countries.

Users who are viewing this thread