Intel VS AMD !

which is better ?

• Total voters

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yes, cooling is not so much of a problem for the AMD's these days, even if you have an older one its easily solved by getting a dual fan PSU. Like others have said they come with a fan anyway. but a dual fan PSU really helps keep the inside of your pc cool.

hondeyho

International Cricketer
I have an AMD 64 computer, but I have an Intel laptop. I went for AMD though

borncricketer

Panel of Selectors<br><a href="http://www.planetcr
I recently(2 weeks) bought an AMD laptop. I think its great. It offers everything one needs at a cheaper price.
As for the heating problem....my laptop is on abt 18hrs a day:P and sometimes it gets a little hot from the bottom but it cools in half an hour, so i guess its not much of a problem.

siddharth2002

National Board President<br /><a href="showthread.
borncricketer said:
I recently(2 weeks) bought an AMD laptop. I think its great. It offers everything one needs at a cheaper price.
As for the heating problem....my laptop is on abt 18hrs a day:P and sometimes it gets a little hot from the bottom but it cools in half an hour, so i guess its not much of a problem.
Thats normal for a Laptop, its not even a thing to worry about. Laptops employ Passive cooling solutions.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
cool.. i have decided to buy an AMD then ! :)
although can anyone suggest me the best AMD machine which would
compromise both quality as well as price.

my budget is around 40,000 INR ;)

siddharth2002

National Board President<br /><a href="showthread.
jk16_4 said:
cool.. i have decided to buy an AMD then ! :)
although can anyone suggest me the best AMD machine which would
compromise both quality as well as price.

my budget is around 40,000 INR ;)
See the attachment. I made it for my friend in Delhi as he was also buying a new PC. It should give u an idea.

Attachments

• Value4Money.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 8

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
The top of the range AMD processor is AMD Athlon 64 FX60, 2.6GHz Dual Core. That cost 2 grand down in NZ alone though so unless you Indians get stuff cheap (which wouldn't surpise me ;)) then that would be out of your budget.
I would try for a dual core as they are the way of the future and you can run 2 programs at once like dvd ripping while playing Fear.

The AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4400+ 2.2GHz Socket 939 is quite cheap, the top of the range for the X2 series is the Dual-Core 4800+ which is a bit more expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread