International Cricket 2010 Discussion Thread

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Rumor has it that this game is basically AC09 with the beta patches plus roster updates and slight graphic tweaks

IF this is true, then who cares if stat tracking or cut scenes with Vaughan picking his nose are in it.....same damn game different wrapper :noway

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
IF this is true, then who cares if stat tracking or cut scenes with Vaughan picking his nose are in it.....same damn game different wrapper :noway

Because if it had stats tracking, it would be a much better game (if it's done properly).

@ Simbazz - thanks for your comments. I can take criticism.

Lazy_chestnut, you and I are part of an elite group - the serious cricket gamer. Given that, we're both intimately aware of the dissappointments we've all experienced over the years. Hence this discussion. We'll postpone it for now until the Q&A results come out.

Bill Greensmith

Club Captain
Rumor has it that this game is basically AC09 with the beta patches plus roster updates and slight graphic tweaks

Well, you guys are really passionate about this. I like that, although I don't agree with slagging people off unnecessarily.

I think AC09 has something. If it is an update of that, and manages to clear up some of the obvious clangers (AI run outs, terrible appealing for absurd LBWs, unbelievable wktkeeper catches off spinners, poor batting graphics . . . . ), OK, I admit there is a lot of them, BUT it does have something of the feel of real cricket that was missing from previous attempts.

I too have bought every single game ever produced and been frustrated by stupid and unnecessary basic mistakes. I think they will never please all of us and we will have to continue live with disappointment in some aspect of every game.

What I do not understand is why they do not let a number of us, all of whom have HUGE experience of playing their games, playtest their efforts at every stage. That way they would get something really good and also minimize glitches and absurdities. Loads of us would do it for absolutely nothing, just to get a good game.

Anyway, my fingers will remain crossed for the next few months until I actually sit down and play the New One . . . . .

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Because if it had stats tracking, it would be a much better game (if it's done properly).

@ Simbazz - thanks for your comments. I can take criticism.

Lazy_chestnut, you and I are part of an elite group - the serious cricket gamer. Given that, we're both intimately aware of the dissappointments we've all experienced over the years. Hence this discussion. We'll postpone it for now until the Q&A results come out.

Stats tracking is (should be) the basic part of game play in any acceptable cricket game. Developers are lame to have left it out in Ashes 09 and it will be gut wrenching not to see this essential feature in IC 10.

Stats tracking is (should be) the basic part of game play in any acceptable cricket game. Developers are lame to have left it out in Ashes 09 and it will be gut wrenching not to see this essential feature in IC 10.

Stats tracking - seriously, who gives a rats.....it's such a minor thing to even think of considering when comparing to vital aspects like gameplay, graphics and animations...

If you were 'true' gamers like you claim you are, then you would realise this, stop your annoying whining and shut up for once.;)

Kaos110

Club Cricketer

you?re right, it has to be in the game, theres no doubt

Params7

International Cricketer
Stats tracking - seriously, who gives a rats

You shouldn't be anywhere near sports.

Params7 added 4 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...

btw I was looking at the trailer again and you can see the variety in bowling animations this time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJRzV7ix_Cc

That action from Windies bowler at 15 sec mark is impressive, he actually lowers his head completely with the rest of the body.

Last edited:

mareen

Club Cricketer
Its going to be a crap game. What the hell happened to the supposed patch.. oh its out as a new game!!!!:mad:

P

pcfan123

Stats tracking - seriously, who gives a rats.....it's such a minor thing to even think of considering when comparing to vital aspects like gameplay, graphics and animations...

If you were 'true' gamers like you claim you are, then you would realise this, stop your annoying whining and shut up for once.;)

You seem to be missing the point. This is a cricket game, not just a video game. Cricket = stats

alioz

Club Cricketer
Look Guys, just be thankfull that there is a cricket game coming. And like fifa, it will get better and better every year. Atleast now we know that there will be a cricket game almost every year as codemasters are into it and so is trickstar. There was time when we were talking if there will be anymore cricket games after ashes09. Well i am happy to just get a new game and atleast there is hope that there will be more cricket games and each will be better than the last one (even if its small steps).

Lionden

Club Captain
@hMarka
You are you getting angry mate?
There is a friend of mine whom brother works at codemasters company he told me about that. Why he would lie to me?

P

pcfan123

What are you referring to? I can't seem to find any posts of yours that I have replied to or vice versa? Far as I am considered this is the 1st time I am even aware of your existence on this forum

P

pcfan123

Ah ok then in that case,

I totally do not believe you, a "friends brother" is conviniently far enough removed of a relationship for you to not be held accountable for the statement or follow up to it with more questions/answers or even provide proof of the source.

In short, I call bullshit.

Users who are viewing this thread