International cricket captain 2006 ashes edition, any point?

rooneyred

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
hi all
i was just wondering if to get International cricket captain 2006 ashes edition but i wasnt sure if anthing was new. eg all the countys new signings have been added etc, so if can one can help that would be great
thanks,

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
rooneyred said:
hi all
i was just wondering if to get International cricket captain 2006 ashes edition but i wasnt sure if anthing was new. eg all the countys new signings have been added etc, so if can one can help that would be great
thanks,
Hi rooneyred, it is a patch, you can get it for free if you have international cricket captain 2006, by clicking internet game, it does not have too many new players in county cricket, only a few who started midseason as far as I know.

-It has a few new pictures for Aussie Grounds, and the Rose Bowl as a ground.

It has some player database changes;
-Marcus North is finally not a Kolpak Player
-The Hampshire Kolpak bug where every player on their list that is Kolpak is listed as an international player and thus must be delisted at the end of a season.
-Mitchell Johnson is a bowler, Shaun Tait is now even slower than before, rmf to rfm when he is rf (stupid childish things) and the internatiomnal squads are updated too.
-Plus Michael Vaughan and Simon Jones start off injured in the game, which is a good little feature.

-There are new ashes scenarios (not the same as 2005)

-There are some small cosmetic changes, new menus etc.

If you have 06, update for free, if you don't try the demo at childishthings.co.uk, but I'd hold out for 2007 if I were you anyway.

PhilD123

International Coach
Its not a patch, its a seperate game that you have to get seperately. The game is just really a roster update with some new pictures for aussie grounds. To be honest, if you have icc 2006 I wouldn't recommend it to you, as its just a roster update, however if you dont it is the latest version so you should buy it. If you already have ICC06, theres no point paying ?10-15 for a roster update.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
That's why it will be available as a patch too, it may not be on now but the site says it will be available soon. I just tried the trial and will wait for this patch or not bother. I'd download the patch and import some of those new grounds etc.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
I gave the free trial a go and it seems OK. It's the first one I can remember that starts at the end of an English season, so you can sign players almost straight away. There is no way Mahmood is a MF though, even if that is quicker than FM.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
The main difference I saw with the game is that you can now sign out-of-contract and overseas players at the start of your very first season. Craig White as an OS though? I know he's not as fast as he once was, but he's not that slow.

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
evertonfan said:
The main difference I saw with the game is that you can now sign out-of-contract and overseas players at the start of your very first season. Craig White as an OS though? I know he's not as fast as he once was, but he's not that slow.

lol that is wierd but he getting old lol:)

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
evertonfan said:
The main difference I saw with the game is that you can now sign out-of-contract and overseas players at the start of your very first season.
That is only because the game starts at the end of the county season.

Last edited:

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Bump!

Didn't want to start a new thread:)

I have the plain ICC06, is there anypoint in the world of getting ICC06 Ashes? Other then for the 2 hour DVD, which I really want!

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
Apart from that there is a database update and a few bugs tweaked but personally i would just wait for ICC07 if you already have ICC06.

Users who are viewing this thread