Interview Thread May 2009 (Highlander999) - Your questions answered!!!

Highlander999

ICC President
ste_mc_efc said:
What is your favourite suit out of the 4 traditional card suits

Would probably have to be the spades, or more specifically, the Ace of Spades. Too have a song named after you takes a lot of skill, class and sheer quality, so spades ftw.

Maney2k9 said:
What is your career-best average? None of this "I got a not-out, my average is infinity bollocks", what is your highest average after being out?

I've never been a big one for keeping stats. Certainly can't go by this season as all matches so far have been rained off. Can't go by last season as I spent most the time injured. Would have to be the season before that (i.e. 2 years ago) when I first started playing for the 1XI for school. Drinking has destoyed most of my memory from back then :p but I remember making a few 50's. I would imagine it would have been in the high 30s, as I also remember getting a few low scores as well.

aus5892 said:
In your opinion, why is it that Brits suck at almost everything? What can they do to combat this problem?

I wouldn't know tbh. I mean it must really suck to hold.......I dunno, say a rugby World Cup in your country and then lose the final to a country of notorious under-achievers. It would then be totally devestating, at said next rugby World Cup, to be knocked out by that country again. Must take a lot out of a country which is extremely sporty for this to happen to it and have to live with the fact that said country is better than them, even though everyone in that country knows how bad they are.

So basically England > Australia ;)

GiggityGiggity said:
Where is Yuvraj? How is he?

No idea, somewhere in South Africa I would guess.

barmyarmy said:
Briefly stereotype the four nationalities that make up the UK

The Welsh. Sitting somewhere on a hill, singing about daffodils, whilst *aheming* a sheep from behind..
The Irish. Probably pished, complaining about potato's and occassionaly fighting with each other.
The English. Sitting in their castle, having tea and scones brought to them by Jeffery the butler and generally making sure that every country in the world hates them.
The Scots. Passed out from last night :p

King Pietersen said:
Right, you're just wandering about one day when suddenly a masked gunman abducts you, you then wake up, your blindfold taken off and you're in a room with 2 men. The gunman holds his gun to your head and gives you a choice. Your first option is to go off with the other man, Graeme. He's a lovely little fella, nice shaven bald head, nice little Ben Sherman pink shirt, he works for an advertising company in Brighton, drives a sports car, and he loves you dearly.

You then have to live out the life of an outwardly gay man, spending the rest of your days with Graeme. Doing all the activity in the bedroom, going to the bars with him at 3 in the morning, cutting the back out of your leather pants at, just generally being affectionate towards eachother. You end up consumating your relationship with Graeme by getting married, and at the end of the marriage you do what they used to do in the olden days when the origins of the kiss where showing your 'love' in front of half of Brighton. So when the vicar would normally say 'you may now kiss the bride', he actually says 'Your may now knob the Aus'.

This may not sound like a fantastic option, and you may be thinking immediately that you'll go for the 2nd one. But, the 2nd option is your close family are killed, and you then have to live the rest of your life with a monkey. Living in a tree, with a monkey, eating bananas, other fruit and nuts and just living your life all alone with this monkey.

Your choice. Graeme or Bobo?

Well firstly this would never happen, as I am more than a match for any masked gunman :p so even if he did kidnap me, I could probably annoy him so much he would let me go ;) But say for your example he has been able to capture me. I would probably go for dear Graeme. Nothing wrong pink Ben Sherman top's btw ;) As long as I wasn't being bummed, it would be better than having my family die. Then again, my gf would probably kill me if I became gay, so it is lose-lose anyway :p

Leicester Fox said:
I just got asked out by an 11 year old over facebook. Should she be praised or told off for her sheer cheek.

I reckon it might be my mates taking the piss though because she keeps asking me personal questions and only has pictures of Hannah Montana on her facebook.(Yes, I know Colin this questio :p)

It's probably an undercover police officer trying to catch you out ;)

Magz said:
How's Uni been?.

Truly and from the bottom of my heart, awesome. Easily been the best year of my life so far. Moving out of home is the best experience ever. I made some brilliant friends, get to play regular cricket, can go out most nights if I so wish, and have met the best gal ever.

scion_sid said:
Miss Universe or Miss World?

Miss World. Miss Universe might be too risky. Could end up with something resembling a jellyfish or worse. At least with Miss World, she is a human being, so has all the right parts of the body ;)

treva said:
Two options:

1) Marry some dumb, idiotic girl with a rich family and scrounge off them all your life
or
2) Work hard and earn the money yourself before marrying your perfect girl.

Which option would you choose and why?

Option 2, easily. I tried option 1 right at the beginning of uni, and it didn't work for a second (obviously not the marrying bit ;)) I don't mind hard work, and if the perfect girl is waiting for me at the end of it, even better.

Usy said:
What are the 5 most overrated topics/subjects/disscutions on this forum?

5. The Playboy thread in the Staff Forum. Ste has blanked out the really good stuff :mad

4. Man United in the football discussion forum ;) We know you are the best team in England guys ;) Stop rubbing our faces in it!

3. 20/20. It's good fun, but not worth all the fuss it gets.

2. Yuvraj Singh. He is the most over-rated cricket in the world. Get over it. He is a glorified slogger.

1. EA 09. It's gonna be shite guys, stop thinking EA have magically made a game out of nothing. My hope is for Ashes 09 by Codies.

Will_NA said:
You're an idiot.

Why is that?

No idea. Takes one to know one though ;)

Dr. Pepper said:
Why is Rob Key so awesome?

Mainly because it is pretty funny watching fat wobble over quick singles ;) But seriously though, he is a quality batsman, and has been so unlucky not to get into the England XI, he would even have made a good captain and has done a real good job with Kent.

whitehornmatt said:
What message would you give to all the young kids out there who dream of being better than you? Furthermore, would you consider such a kid ambitious or just setting a low goal such that they can easily avoid disappointment?

Ohh 'eck. You don't want to be like me, try and aim a bit higher than bottom of the barrel ;) Been arrested, written off a car, barred from Paris, drinking too much, didn't work hard enough at school and over 14,000 posts at this forum. I am sure there are better things to aim for ;) Try and be like whitehornmatt. He is a babe magnet in his Nissan GTR ;)

KBC said:
Scotland national football team or the 'could be formed' United Kingdom football team? What do you prefer?

Scotland team, any day. Whilst I am all for the UK, it is important for countries to still keep their identity and uniqueness, and the best way for that is through sport.

PranavPathak said:
Are you going to buy Cricket 09?

Nope, I am planning on Colin sending me his copy from EA ;)

King Cricket said:
Why do you think that UV! King of sixes!!! King of T-20!!! is the best? :p *You cannot answer "I don't" *:p

If I can't say those 5 words, no point as I can't answer the question ;)

Hitterman said:
Suppose, If Andrew Nixon comes back (not Colin) and he will ask you to give your moderator position to him. Will you give him? Do you think he is better than you.

If yes, why and If no, then also state the reason.

He did come back a few weeks ago ;) That wasn't actually Colin. Anyway, I wouldn't give him my job :p A) I wouldn't want to go back to the scum level of you guys ;) (playboy thread remember ;)) and B) I won't say as I don't think I should comment on past staff members, no matter what I privately feel.

chetan0304 said:
If you are in India which is the very first place you would like to visit? and which Indian dish ?

Good question. I don't know. I definetly would love to go to India, the culture looks amazing. I suppose I would want to go into the markets and downtown areas. You can never get a true flavour of a place, if you just stay in all the tourist places. As for what dish. I saw this question earlier, but have forgotten my answer :p I get it from the Indian every Sunday and it is awesome. I think it might be called a booma/bhooma, I'll get back to you later this evening if I go out. It's a chicken curry, with almond nuts and yoghurt and quite mild, so is awesome.

EDIT - I am eating it now. It is called a Pasanda. God knows where I got booma from :p

Akash00 said:
Why the name Highlander999???

Well when I first joined, I had just watched the Highlander films, so was pretty much watching them all the time. I tried to go for Highlander but it was already taken, so I just added some random numbers at the end. I've tried to get the admins to change my name so I am the original Highlander, but they won't. Anyway, I don't like using usernames, I prefer to call people by their real names.

bladescape said:
What is your complete opinion on Phil Hughes?

I think it is too early to tell. He has so much potential, he could be up there with Sachin in the future. Then again, he could also muck it up and end up being like another Ian Bell. Talented, but never really reaching his full potential. It will be interesting to see how he goes though, I personally hope he becomes the next big thing.

Kshitiz_Indian said:
Why bother?

Because if we didn't live every day like it is our last, what is the point in life. I maintain that it is better to live hard and die young, then to live a boring safe life and live to 100.

Kev said:
If the game of cricket were a woman where would you take it on a date? Would you take a Test Match to a posh French restaurant? Would you take an ODI to a local pub? Or would it be a bag of chips and a quick feel with a T20?

Brilliant question. I like a woman with class, so it would be the French restaurant (also I like French food :p) The T20 would be ok for a one night stand, whilst the ODI is the sort of woman who isn't sure what she wants to be. The test cricket version, is fully confident and doesn't need to make herself different to impress others.

aussie1st said:
When can your girlfriend expect a marriage proposal (a real one, not via txt!) and how do you plan on springing the question? And to see if you are like Griffo, who would you pick between your girlfriend and your God (oh update that I mean Prince).

To fill those in, who have no idea what Syl is on about. He encouraged me when I was drunk on MSN, to propose to my gf via text. As i sobered up, I began to realise what I had done. Avoid Syl ;)

Anyway, when can she expect a marriage proposal. I dunno, probably a summer wedding, so soon. I'll pop the question in my own way. Probably slip it in her pocket, tell her to go into the garden and ask her if there is anything in her pocket ;) this is all utter rubbish btw, inside joke

And no, I am nothing like Griffo. Although God did make a very nice 50, beating your anti-Christ around the ground, so maybe the gf might have to wait ;)

Funkanth said:
Why do you hate Yuvraj and not someone else?

I don't hate Yuvraj, I am sure he is a nice bloke. What I don't like is the way people go all stupid around him, when he is a good slogger, a part time spin bowler and absolutely rubbish at test cricket.

Last edited:

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
1..2..3..4.......21 '';)''s.

Smart kid, tom. You wink at everyone. :p Nevertheless, a great interview. Seriously, despite the sarcasm and joking, it's one nice, dignified interview.

:spy..

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Highlander999 said:
I wouldn't know tbh. I mean it must really suck to hold.......I dunno, say a rugby World Cup in your country and then lose the final to a country of notorious under-achievers. It would then be totally devestating, at said next rugby World Cup, to be knocked out by that country again. Must take a lot out of a country which is extremely sporty for this to happen to it and have to live with the fact that said country is better than them, even though everyone in that country knows how bad they are.
What is this game 'rugby' you speak of? I've heard of the Ashes (5-0) in cricket (5-0) but I can't say I know much about rugby. I think a few Sydneysiders play it or something.

Highlander999

ICC President
2005 a great year to be English, as CDM pointed out ;)

Highlander999 added 0 Minutes and 41 Seconds later...

Also, yeah, I do wink too much, KBC :p

;)

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Good question. I don't know. I definetly would love to go to India, the culture looks amazing. I suppose I would want to go into the markets and downtown areas. You can never get a true flavour of a place, if you just stay in all the tourist places. As for what dish. I saw this question earlier, but have forgotten my answer I get it from the Indian every Sunday and it is awesome. I think it might be called a booma/bhooma, I'll get back to you later this evening if I go out. It's a chicken curry, with almond nuts and yoghurt and quite mild, so is awesome.

EDIT - I am eating it now. It is called a Pasanda. God knows where I got booma from

You need a travel agent, i can guide, just 500k/place:D

Neatly answered.

Users who are viewing this thread