Online Cricket Games Owned
Batting net alone gives concentration[consistency] pops
combine it with fielding or wicketkeeping it becomes faster
combine the primary with wk and field it pops the fastest
PlayerOversMdnsRunsWktsE/RWdNB

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
So would two fields have the same effect as field, wk?

voldemort

International Coach
no... the second fielding has no effect on secondaries...

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
The assumption is that Primary+Field trains both Concentration and Consistency equally, whereas Primary+Keeping trains Concentration more. No idea if this is true. Probably the other reason is having a batsman who can keep a bit is quite useful than one who is an overly good keeper.

zainawan89

International Cricketer
bowl+field= more consistency pop and less concentration pops
bat + field= more concentraion pop and less consistency pops
only field= both concentraion and consistency increase at same rate but slower than with bat/bowl + field
only keep= both concentraion anc consistency increase at same rate but slower than if combined with a bat or bowl net.

bat/bowl + field + keep= Even faster than with only bat/bowl + field

hope tht explains it all.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
The assumption is that Primary+Field trains both Concentration and Consistency equally, whereas Primary+Keeping trains Concentration more. No idea if this is true. Probably the other reason is having a batsman who can keep a bit is quite useful than one who is an overly good keeper.

I can tell you that's not true. For my batter the conc pop is 2 for every 1 cons pop at the very least.

AussieDominance

School Cricketer

Not sure where you are getting it from im involved with Pakistan and have just checked up on 2 players who both had WK nets and they popped in the same times?

voldemort

International Coach
he has his own theories, dont take much care abt what he says ;)

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just read this.

Interesting to read that the green writer (I think:p) reckons that a strong bowling side will win you more matches then a strong batting side. So if you have a team with gun bowlers you are right. I have gun batters and average bowlers. I think Im going to have to buy some gun bowlers, because I dont have nets to train a promising youngster.

What type of team have you got? Strong batting side, strong bowling side? Or pretty allrounded?

zainawan89

International Cricketer
Bowling side
and yeh u need bowling to win matches.
u need to get 10 wickets to win.
if u hav good batting but average bowling u cant win matches.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
strong bowling,

1 strong 1 quality (both seamers) then 1 remarkable, 1 wonderful 1 exceptional (all 3 are spinners) so on my dusty pitch i can normally take 1-2 wickets with the seamers opening (sets of 7 would try 1 of them thru id he had better stamina) then the spinners coming in an tightening up in the middle overs, picking up a couple of wickets for the collapse to come in the last 10, if they AO already

my batting can chase down about 230 against most sides, and is usually just good enough, i have 2 superb openers, wonderful no. 3, remarkable no. 4 + 5 then a proficient 6 and a respectable 7 (sometimes 8 too)

the better bowling works best if you have one superstar and an average squad around him, as if he fails on 1 ball with the bat you lose, he can get hit for several sixes but still knock a team over cheaply with the ball

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
such a long post in my eagerness to avoid having to re-type it i got a bit carried away! sorry

Last edited:

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Huh? What? lol Its alright, prefer a long post then a one sentence one. Thanks for the feedback guys. Anyone else think the same?

Users who are viewing this thread