investment in youth??

dave1991

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Is it actually worth investing in the youth i always invest fully and when it comes to the end of the year i never have any good young players coming through i've just had one bowler averaging 19 for the 2nd team (so curious to see how he does) and i've had a few batters averaging 40 but they haven't done much for the first team. i was just wondering have you ever had players who do big things who come from the youth team or has anyone had any good players come through with our any investment?

lancashire666

International Coach
dont forget that if you get a youth who is 19 or 20 he is going to need 5 or 6 years of technique traning to get to his best level, always invest the maximum in youth and it will eventually pay dividens

dave1991

School Cricketer
do i really need to use technique training that long? i just thought they needed it 2years max ?

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
Depends on what you want, of course it would vary on how much time spent by each individual manager but however long you see fit but I just use it until someone better who maybe under 25 years old and then ythey usually losely it unless they are about late 20's which I take it off them anyway. Lots of different opinions though as I am sure you know. ;)

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
25 is the estimated level, I find it always helps in the long term but has a negative effect in the short term. So if you need that player to fire lay off the youth training

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I have a lot of re-gen bowlers who ended up playing for England, and a few batsmen as well. Usually the players you get from there are pretty decent.

And I train them till they are 26/27.

jacobfelix

International Coach
But one thing I dont understand is - When you start off playing County season i.e the 2006 season you see a truckload of Youth players in the list but as the seasons go by you see only a handful of Youth players...Why is it so?

Users who are viewing this thread