Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  5. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I wonder to see playing Pakistani players playing in IPL 8. well many people from you will agree and many will disagree. But wonder that how much intresting the matches will become when pakistan will play in it. as most of matches played by paksitani's are colourful, they have the ability to change course of match!
So requesting Ipl Admin to take pakistanis in ipl!

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Genuine question, why don't Pakistan players take part in the IPL? Is it a political thing?

I remember Azhar Mahmood playing for Punjab but he could only play home matches I think. Why is this?

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Genuine question, why don't Pakistan players take part in the IPL? Is it a political thing?

I remember Azhar Mahmood playing for Punjab but he could only play home matches I think. Why is this?

Yupp.....the Reason is Politics.

I guess they will not be Playing IPL in Near Future too.

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend

As much as the people around both sides of the borders love the players from their arch rival teams, politics doesn't let the sports ties blossom. Recent incident of a hockey match between India and Pakistan has added fuel to fire further worsening the relations between the sports bodies of the two countries. This will effect other sports too which means there is very little to no chance that Pakistani sportsmen willbe allowed to play in India. India-Pakistan has always been a treat to watch be it cricket, hockey or kabbaddi.

PokerAce

Banned
I am personally all for Pak players playing in IPL. Pakistanis Coach in the IPL, do commentary in the IPL, so why the hell should they not play in the IPL.

Yes they were banned after the 2008 Bombay terror atts, but ppl have to understand that the govt of the day just had to take any and all steps short of launching a full scale invasion, given the anger that were there in the ppl. So one of the things done was to snap on field engament with Pak players.

However since then things have hardly gotten better and this year has been the worst in recent years with firing along the borders, for the govt to justify why it is now allowing Pak players to play. Whats improved, they will be asked.

Pak players should play, but there are too many tangled strings to allow that to happen I feel.

Also to be fair, right now any questions about IPL 8 are rather a moot point. No one knows right now, whether there will even be an IPL 8.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

What I've learned is that whenever you hear any dispute between India and Pakistan within any domain; assume that politics in at the heart of it.

That might just be the politics student in me, though!

Thomas Saywell

School Cricketer
Play should not be effected by political influence. However it happens again and again. There is fear of miss-happening or bad behavior is done by cricket fans with Pakistan players. So they are not allowed to play in IPL. However should be given a chance to Pakistan players too in IPL. But all depends on Tournament management.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
In 2008; The first season consisted of Pakistan and Sohail Tanveer's 7/14 ain't yet broken. Talents like Akhtar and others were involved. I don't think why our government is like thi
The 26/11 weren't done by Pakistani players.

S

Satan666

Its more than politics, the malady runs deep!

Its hatred, spitefulness and downright badmind at play!

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I would personally like to see Pakistanis play in the IPL as well. Like someone said - we have Pakistani coaches, commentators. Even actors, actresses and other artists in Indian movies. So I don't see why we cannot resume cricketing ties with Pakistan as well

On the other hand, the Indian government's stance on this, while being gimmicky is fairly understandable. Pakistani cricket and cricketers hold high value in Pakistan, so snubbing them makes a good political statement.

Users who are viewing this thread