IPL Fixing.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Remove the ownership and put up the team for sale is different from banning the franchise. I hope Mr. Abhishek Sharma understands this basic thing.
The franchise has to be banned. CSK is a franchise, not Chennai. Ban CSK, and put the team city up for sale. Similar to SRH. The DC franchise was dissolved and the SRH franchise came up. If you still don't get the point, I rest my case.

I don't know why Chennai people are so aggressive. Nobody wants Team Chennai banned, people just want Chennai Super Kings banned.

Simple logic.

1. CSK owner is a Cement company.
2. Srinivasan is owner of that company.
3. Meiyappan is son in law of Srinivasan.
4. Meiyappan was involved in betting but Srinivasan wasn't.
Not simple, but fail logic!
CSK is owned by India Cements which is headed by Srinivasan.
But the owner of CSK is need not be the owner of India Cements. The franchise was in the name of Gurunath Meiyappan (it's in Srinivasan's name since the scandal, just to save the asses).

And you say CSK has never announced it! LOL. :lol
Have a look at these pictures.

guru-csk2-JPG_121820.jpg

Image 1: An article on the official website of CSK

-----------------------------

meiyappan_changed_twitter.jpg

Image 2: Gurunath Meiyappan doing foolish things. Editing his Twitter bio after the scandal.

meiyappan_card_smitha2.jpg

Image 3: Scanned copy of Gurunath Meiyappan's Visiting Card

csk-website-gurunath-meiyappan-240513.jpg

Image 4: Some more articles from the official CSK website

1839053.jpg

Image 5: Meiyappan attends the auction for CSK. Video footage available too. Only the owners are allowed for this. This old tweet was deleted after the scandal

rajivshukla_mail1.jpg

Image 6: An e-mail sent by Rajiv Shukla finalizing the list of owners and co-owners. Meiyappan is named in the list

IPL-Gurunath-tweets-24-may.jpg

Image 7: Some more tweets from verified accounts

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
The franchise has to be banned. CSK is a franchise, not Chennai. Ban CSK, and put the team city up for sale. Similar to SRH. The DC franchise was dissolved and the SRH franchise came up. If you still don't get the point, I rest my case.

I don't know why Chennai people are so aggressive. Nobody wants Team Chennai banned, people just want Chennai Super Kings banned.

You cannot expect everyone to be as brilliant as you are Abhishek. You could have told this clearly long time back. Now what you said is what even i am saying in a lot of places. I never intend to defend Srinivasan or India Cements, IC doesnt even belong to Srini, there is a politician called Maran here who owns Aircel and India Cements in different names, thats it. If you had put up this way long back, it would have been much better. Anyway, good that you posted it atleast now.

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
the more I read this thread, the more I'm confirmed in my suspicions of top level corruption within the IPL. It's a corrupt institute led by corrupt individuals.

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Image 1: An article on the official website of CSK

Couldn't you post this before? :p But still confusing.

I found two points there: -
1. Mr. Srinivasan, Managing director, India Cement is franchise owner of super kings

2. Mr. Meiyappan, owner of the team.(?????????????)

Expain this ****: -
Srinivasan = Owner of CSK franchise
Meiyappan = Owner of team

The team onwer & Franchise owner are different from each other. Why? How?

Last edited:

Bevab

Staff Member
Couldn't you post this before? :p But still confusing.

I found two points there: -
1. Mr. Srinivasan, Managing director, India Cement is franchise owner of super kings

2. Mr. Meiyappan, owner of the team.(?????????????)

Expain this ****: -
Srinivasan = Owner of CSK franchise
Meiyappan = Owner of team

The team onwer & Franchise owner are different from each other. Why? How?

CSK is owned by India Cements which is headed by Srinivasan.
But the owner of CSK is need not be the owner of India Cements. The franchise was in the name of Gurunath Meiyappan (it's in Srinivasan's name since the scandal, just to save the asses).

There's your answer.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Glad you finally realized it, Paladin! :thumbs :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot (107).png
    Screenshot (107).png
    49.8 KB · Views: 160

vaibhavtewatia

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
India Cricket News: Gurunath Meiyappan named in betting chargesheet | ESPN Cricinfo

Gurunath Meiyappan, a former senior official of Chennai Super Kings and son-in-law of BCCI president N Srinivasan, has been charged by Mumbai police with cheating, forgery and criminal conspiracy - including pass on information that comprised the team - in connection with the IPL 2013.

However,

he was not charged with fixing - as was deemed possible in the days following his arrest.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Its time for the Srinivasan detractors to swiftly move in and demand action against CSK. Scrap the franchise, and get to the task of finding a new owner for the city of Chennai. Please please do not scrap Chennai! The fan base of Chennai is huge to be scrapping them. Get those b*****ds "India Cements" out, and set up an auction for new owners.

Or best thing, scrap CSK for this IPL, and after this IPL, find a new owner for Chennai. Its embarassing to support a city team whose owners are this corrupt. As CSK fans, we demand an answer. I hope the players were not involved in this rut.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
There is huge news here in our media dragging in names of Dhoni and Raina in IPL spot fixing. Indian media is said to be source of this information.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I cant believe the auction is going through without any action on CSK - it is just so silly and stupid.

Dissolving or scrapping or whatever is done after the auctions will be totally unfair to the players who are 'bought' by CSK owners at the auction, especially when the players themselves have no say in it

Ofcourse, I wont be surprised if no action is taken.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Yeah, Indian media (Zee News) say they have the evidence where a bookie has mentioned the names of Dhoni and Raina in fixing. Just that though.

I agree that the auction should not take place till a proper action is taken against those involved in fixing. Hopefully this is the beginning of the end of IPL. It has already done a lot of harm to world cricket as is. Shame to see this sport go into corrupt hands and this happening. I as a passionate cricket fanatic and follower am very sad to see this happen. Really love the sport but can't do anything to correct it but, watch. :(

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
I still don't understand why so many people care if Gurunath made bets or not. Yeah it's illegal, but it is not equal to fixing the match.

Meanwhile, Raj Kundra, owner of Rajasthan Royals, casually admitted on twitter that he did bet on his team. Nobody is saying anything about that franchise...

----------

Yeah, Indian media (Zee News) say they have the evidence where a bookie has mentioned the names of Dhoni and Raina in fixing. Just that though.

I agree that the auction should not take place till a proper action is taken against those involved in fixing. Hopefully this is the beginning of the end of IPL. It has already done a lot of harm to world cricket as is. Shame to see this sport go into corrupt hands and this happening. I as a passionate cricket fanatic and follower am very sad to see this happen. Really love the sport but can't do anything to correct it but, watch. :(

IPL is not going anywhere, neither is T20 and franchise based cricket. The sooner we all realize that and work around it, the better....

ferg512

International Coach
I still don't understand why so many people care if Gurunath made bets or not. Yeah it's illegal, but it is not equal to fixing the match.

Didn't he provide bookies information though? And regardless its still illegal.

Also can't really expect anything to happen when the head of the BCCI/ICC also owns the most popular team.

Last edited:

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
The closest thing to 'providing info to bookies' is that the predicted they would score 140 and they ended up scoring that much... not enough evidence IMO

Users who are viewing this thread